Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Lexus 8AR-FTS 2.0L turbo tuner is now available

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-20, 01:30 PM
d3Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Lexus 8AR-FTS 2.0L turbo tuner is now available

Quicker horsepower and torque delivery
Enhanced throttle response in sport mode
Increased torque and horsepower throughout
Up to 4 psi increase in boost

Dyno Results: +25-31 max horsepower and +32-37 max lb-ft of torque.

Use coupon code "CLUBLEXUS" for 10% off.
Old 09-30-20, 04:19 PM
DarthLex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by d3Performance
Quicker horsepower and torque delivery
Enhanced throttle response in sport mode
Increased torque and horsepower throughout
Up to 4 psi increase in boost

Dyno Results: +25-31 max horsepower and +32-37 max lb-ft of torque.

Use coupon code "CLUBLEXUS" for 10% off.
What all comes with this tune and is the info available on your site?
Old 09-30-20, 04:53 PM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

A few questions here:

1. Does the D3 Tune easily go back to stock for warranty service?

2. Is the NGauge unit required to be connected to the vehicle after flashing?

3. Does the D3 tune eliminate the throttle limitation at low rpms?

4. When dataloggimg with the new D3 tune, what is the typical peak boost?

5. Is there any type of smartphone app to connect to the NGauge unit or is it all controlled from the unit itself?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-20, 07:35 PM
d3Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DarthLex
What all comes with this tune and is the info available on your site?
You get the nGauge tuner, two included tunes and custom tuning software. There is much more information about the nGauge tuner and tunes available on our website.

Originally Posted by BMGS
A few questions here:

1. Does the D3 Tune easily go back to stock for warranty service?

2. Is the NGauge unit required to be connected to the vehicle after flashing?

3. Does the D3 tune eliminate the throttle limitation at low rpms?

4. When dataloggimg with the new D3 tune, what is the typical peak boost?

5. Is there any type of smartphone app to connect to the NGauge unit or is it all controlled from the unit itself?

Thanks!
1. Yes, you can return to stock in under two minutes.
2. You can flash the tune and put the nGauge away.
3. Yes, one of the two tunes has enhanced throttle response. The other retains the stock throttle.
4. We saw close to 18 with a stock car, closer to 20 with an aftermarket charge pipe.
5. Everything is done from the unit itself. It has a touch screen interface. Best flashing hardware available for the Toyota/Lexus market.

Old 10-01-20, 02:21 AM
BMGS
Racer

You get the nGauge tuner, two included tunes and custom tuning software. There is much more information about the nGauge tuner and tunes available on our website.

1. Yes, you can return to stock in under two minutes.
2. You can flash the tune and put the nGauge away.
3. Yes, one of the two tunes has enhanced throttle response. The other retains the stock throttle.
4. We saw close to 18 with a stock car, closer to 20 with an aftermarket charge pipe.
5. Everything is done from the unit itself. It has a touch screen interface. Best flashing hardware available for the Toyota/Lexus market.

Thanks for the quick responses. A few more popped up:

1. Would a dealer be able to read if the vehicle was tuned and then returned to stock?

2. Does D3 offer remote tuning and if so, does the vehicle have a wideband 02 sensor from the factory? Some of the readings I see in my JB4 appear to be from a wideband but not sure.

3. What AFR did you aim for under boost on the canned tunes?

4. Your website describes the tunes as high-octane, can you be more specific as to what type of fuel that refers to?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by BMGS; 10-01-20 at 02:58 AM.
Old 10-01-20, 06:06 AM
d3Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BMGS
Thanks for the quick responses. A few more popped up:

1. Would a dealer be able to read if the vehicle was tuned and then returned to stock?

2. Does D3 offer remote tuning and if so, does the vehicle have a wideband 02 sensor from the factory? Some of the readings I see in my JB4 appear to be from a wideband but not sure.

3. What AFR did you aim for under boost on the canned tunes?

4. Your website describes the tunes as high-octane, can you be more specific as to what type of fuel that refers to?

Thank you very much!
1. If returned to stock. the dealer would not be able to determine it was tuned.
2. Remote tuning can be done. The tuner also comes with tuning software. The car has a built in wideband sensor.
3. Interestingly enough the stock tune targets lambda. The system enriches for many different engine and component protection situations. We do not change the stock behavior, except for turning off the catalyst overtemp protection enrichment.
4. Premium unleaded fuel. The timing system on these cars is a sophisticated learning system. It will quickly adjust for changing fuel quality.
Old 10-01-20, 06:28 AM
RideLex
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

1. If returned to stock. the dealer would not be able to determine it was tuned.
2. Remote tuning can be done. The tuner also comes with tuning software. The car has a built in wideband sensor.
3. Interestingly enough the stock tune targets lambda. The system enriches for many different engine and component protection situations. We do not change the stock behavior, except for turning off the catalyst overtemp protection enrichment.
4. Premium unleaded fuel. The timing system on these cars is a sophisticated learning system. It will quickly adjust for changing fuel quality.
very interested in your turbo upgrade for this vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
d3Performance (10-01-20)
Old 10-02-20, 08:56 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Compatible with 2016 IS200t? You chart shows 2018..
Old 10-02-20, 10:39 AM
d3Performance
Former Sponsor

2016-2017 Lexus IS200t 8AR-FTS and
2018+ Lexus IS300 RWD 8AR-FTS

The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (10-05-20)
Old 10-05-20, 01:10 AM
BMGS
Racer

Thank you and I appreciate all of the responses. I am definitely interested in this tune.

I couldn't find too much info on the history of D3. Can you share some detail about the company and its tuning history?

I currently have a BMS JB4, what benefits would I see from the switch to the D3 tune?

How does the D3 tune compare to TTI and OV?

Thank you!
Old 10-05-20, 09:19 AM
d3Performance
Former Sponsor

D3 Performance offers tuning software and hardware for Toyota and Lexus. We were able to decrypt these ECUs about two years ago. Since we have the encryption, we are able to offer an end to end hardware and software solution. Our hardware, the nGauge Tuner, can reflash most Toyota and Lexus ECUs from 2010 and up. Some of the models we can tune include: Tundra, Sequoia, Tacoma, Camry, 4Runner, Avalon, GS, IS and RC.

We have been performance tuning locally in Houston for over 10 years. We have tuned pretty much everything you could think of: import, domestic, heads and cam, turbos, superchargers and even a twin charged Camaro. We built a Texas mile boosted RX-7 that went 199mph. The driver lifted because he felt the front end getting light.

You really can't compare our ECU tune to a piggyback. An ECU tune will always be more precise than a piggyback.

Do the other tuners offer a 30 day money back guarantee? We are confident that our tunes are great and we are here to support them.
Old 10-05-20, 10:40 AM
BMGS
Racer

D3 Performance offers tuning software and hardware for Toyota and Lexus. We were able to decrypt these ECUs about two years ago. Since we have the encryption, we are able to offer an end to end hardware and software solution. Our hardware, the nGauge Tuner, can reflash most Toyota and Lexus ECUs from 2010 and up. Some of the models we can tune include: Tundra, Sequoia, Tacoma, Camry, 4Runner, Avalon, GS, IS and RC.

We have been performance tuning locally in Houston for over 10 years. We have tuned pretty much everything you could think of: import, domestic, heads and cam, turbos, superchargers and even a twin charged Camaro. We built a Texas mile boosted RX-7 that went 199mph. The driver lifted because he felt the front end getting light.

You really can't compare our ECU tune to a piggyback. An ECU tune will always be more precise than a piggyback.

Do the other tuners offer a 30 day money back guarantee? We are confident that our tunes are great and we are here to support them.
Thank you for the overview of the company. You lost me a bit on the last two questions. What aspect of precision are you referring to in that comparison? The JB4 has some great features that I would lose such as wireless smartphone connectivity for adjustments/datalogging without having an aftermarket gauge in sight, OBDII connectivity and monitoring, and my favorite, the ability to screen mirror the live gauges onto the oem display. I am looking for other benefits in the tune itself to be able to get past that.
Old 10-05-20, 03:14 PM
d3Performance
Former Sponsor

The JB4 is not a ECU flash tune. It's really difficult to compare a piggyback system to a flash tuner. So instead, I will just highlight the benefits of our flash tune and tuner.
  • Increased boost, HP and torque
  • Enhanced throttle response
  • Higher rev limit
  • Enhanced shift scheduling
  • Custom tuning software with Tune Wizard
  • Lifetime free updates
  • Plug and play, no PC required
  • Custom tunes available for common aftermarket bolt-on
Old 10-05-20, 04:14 PM
BMGS
Racer

The JB4 is not a ECU flash tune. It's really difficult to compare a piggyback system to a flash tuner. So instead, I will just highlight the benefits of our flash tune and tuner.
  • Increased boost, HP and torque
  • Enhanced throttle response
  • Higher rev limit
  • Enhanced shift scheduling
  • Custom tuning software with Tune Wizard
  • Lifetime free updates
  • Plug and play, no PC required
  • Custom tunes available for common aftermarket bolt-on
Thank you, I really appreciate the quick responses to all of my questions. I like to have all of the details before pulling the trigger.

This is the first I am hearing of transmission modifications. Two questions here:

1. What is the higher rev limit set to and is this adjustable? I was under the impression that the turbo is out of its efficiency range at the top of the current shift point and I was thinking it would be better to shift sooner.

2. Can you provide more detail on the enhanced shift scheduling? Is this only in sport mode? I don't want to compromise the daily driving comfort.

Thanks!

Last edited by BMGS; 10-06-20 at 02:19 AM.
Old 10-06-20, 09:50 AM
d3Performance
Former Sponsor

We increased the rev limit to 6500, since the engine continued to make power. This is consistent with what other tuners have reported.

The shift scheduling changes are only in sport mode. They are only at wide open throttle to take advantage of the higher rev limit.

Quick Reply: Lexus 8AR-FTS 2.0L turbo tuner is now available