Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust and Downpipe Options 2018 IS300 RWD

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-20, 01:54 AM
Dasmodai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust and Downpipe Options 2018 IS300 RWD

I know that there's a How To for exhausts and that there are multiple threads but there's just so much to go through and I'm getting a little lost. Basically I want a full exhaust system so either catback or midpipe + axleback. Which of the two options is better? I do want a loud sound but not at the expensive of constant vibrations and I am willing to sacrifice some loudness for less cabin drone. I'm trying to avoid spending more than $2000 so that knocks out Aimgain and Valvetronic even though they seem like both very nice options. So that leaves me with either the ARK Catback or the APEX Catback from what I've seen. I know people said the APEX is a clone of ARK but I have heard people say Apex is a really reputable parts company so is there any validity to their claims? Is one particularly louder than the other or have more cabin drone? As for midpipe + axleback the only two midpipes I've seen are either Invidia or APEX. Is one better than the other? As for axleback's I see people say either Remark or Magmaflow. I heard Remark is louder but are there any other cons to them. I have heard that the F Sport exhaust has the best sound but it's not particularly loud either.
Also I've been looking at downpipes and I've seen the offered from PPE, AFE, and TTI? Is there any significance difference between the three in terms of quality and performance or just go with whatever I feel comfortable?
Old 10-06-22, 09:50 AM
LowKey3IS
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally like the remark axle back muffler delete and invidia midpipe (if you can find it) combo. It definitely makes the car loud and has some nice high end pops when combined with a catless downpipe. As for downpipes, I've only heard good things from PPE and actually ordered one myself for my 2016 IS 200t. When tuned as well you can expect some nice power gains from the full exhaust. Hope this helps.