Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SAFCII or GREDDY EMANAGE

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 06:05 AM
jucee187
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAFCII or GREDDY EMANAGE

HI quick question. Would these piggy back types of devices work on manipulating the ECU just like the SRT ECU will with the intake?

So would using either the SAFCII or EMANAGE and an intake (K&N) produce the same "gains" as the SRT intake/ECU?

please educate me ..

Old 09-21-03, 08:14 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

The E-Manage will not work with the V8 if you want to use the ful capability of it. THe S-AFC II is probably a better choice for the GS400. It is what I'm using. Very important since the car is tuned right to the edge and any modifications may cause knocking due to leaner mixture. If I take even 1 unit of fuel out on my stock GS400 it knocks badly. I have a Fujitsubo exhaust, test pipes and an intake with Blitz SUS filter waiting to go on but need to have time to tune it all back to spec in terms of fuel.
Old 09-22-03, 07:35 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guru, Do you already have the SAFCII on your car in use, or are you planning on getting it? If you already have it, have you had any issues with it working on the GS? Im about to go that route, I was just hoping that it would work good on the GS.
Old 09-22-03, 08:52 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
Guru, Do you already have the SAFCII on your car in use, or are you planning on getting it? If you already have it, have you had any issues with it working on the GS? Im about to go that route, I was just hoping that it would work good on the GS.
I second that request. (I ordered mine today, so I hope to get the right answer).
Old 09-22-03, 09:50 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

I was going to PM you and tell you I could give you some feedback in a few days. I dropped mine off today..it will be dynoed and tuned(attempted anyhow) before it rolls out the door. My shop seems to think it should work fine, its just a matter of knowing the schematics to wire it in. I geuss we will both know soon!
Old 09-22-03, 10:16 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Yep, I'll get my AFC later in the week. Maybe install it over the weekend or next week and then dyno tune it....right now it's fun but I hate the CEL light being on.
Old 09-23-03, 09:06 AM
broke_gs
Driver

I have the SAFC in my car and it works fine. I don't think the shop had any difficulties in hooking it up.
Old 09-23-03, 11:23 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

broke gs, thanks for the feedback...I was hoping someone would chime in on this that actually has first hand knowledge on it. That makes me feel a little better about the purchase.
Old 09-23-03, 11:41 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by broke_gs
I have the SAFC in my car and it works fine. I don't think the shop had any difficulties in hooking it up.
Is it the S-AFC or S-AFC II? I doubt it matters since they both should hook up basically the same, but just asking.
Old 09-23-03, 04:49 PM
broke_gs
Driver

I have the SAFC, not the II. There were no problems with installing or programming it. The boost controller is a little different though. There was no prefab harness so they had to do the wiring themselves. When the timer shuts off the engine, i think the car still believes the key is in the car because the steering wheel doesn't retract automatically. the lights also don't turn off automatically. But if I shut off the timer and turn the car off regularly, everything works fine. I don't know how to fix that. Everything else works fine so i don't want to mess with it too much and mess up something that is important.
Old 09-23-03, 04:52 PM
broke_gs
Driver

oh yeah, i forgot to tell you. it fits perfectly in the ash try slot. you have to remove the ash tray and cut out the opening. you lose the lighter, but it's well worth it. then you can just close the ash tray and not even see it. i'll try to have pics in a couple of days since my gf has my camera.
Old 09-23-03, 07:48 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Good looking out.... yeah man, those pics would be great.

thanks
Old 09-23-03, 09:57 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

No issues with it at all. In fact I posted the wiring diagram for the GS400. Make sure to set the cylinders for 4 not 8 is all. Tune carefullly. Remember the car is PERFECTLY tuned from the factory so just take your AF measurements and follow that ratio all the way across. I think it was around 13:1 but I have to go back and load up the charts on my dyno to make sure. If your car is modified already keep an ear out for detonation. If modified you'll probably add some fuel in the midrange and take a bit out at the very top.
Old 09-23-03, 11:23 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

is the S-AFC hard to install at all?
Old 09-24-03, 06:19 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

Pretty easy yes, just make sure to solder all connections.

Quick Reply: SAFCII or GREDDY EMANAGE