Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

First pics of the supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-03, 11:34 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First pics of the supercharger

What's up guys.

Those that don't know already, I did take the plunge and bought the RMM S/C kit. It's in and running. I will do a detailed write up about everything after I take it to the dyno w/i the next couple of weeks.

Just as a taste of the setup, here is a link to the first pics of the kit on my car from this weekends' Nopi Nationals.

http://www.seloc.net/modules.php?set...view_album.php

I will do a very detailed write up after I finish fine tuning in the next couple of weeks. My experience so far with Rod Millen, especially Blair in particular, has been outstanding so far. My experience with the installation was also outstanding. Hard, but outstanding fit and finish. My experience so far with performance.....let's just say that when I do the write up I'll share how a new Mustang GT and a new Dodge SRT-4 got their feelings hurt multiple times!!!!!! We'll see what happens on the dyno. I promise I'll share.

In the mean time, you guys tell me what you think so far.
Old 09-22-03, 12:18 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AWESOME!!!! Welcome to the FI club!

I'd love to see the dyno and your comments on how it runs with no ECU.

FWIW: The link above requires registration. I'll wait till you post pics here.
Old 09-22-03, 01:11 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Unhappy

You are trying to access a restricted area.

We are Sorry, but this section of our site is for Registered Users Only.

Old 09-22-03, 01:12 PM
Letsride

BTW do you have an upgraded converter in the car? Just curious...
Old 09-22-03, 01:19 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry guys. I'll upload the pics here tonight when I get a second.

Mr. J- Thank you. I had been thinking about for a long time and after a lot of research I decided to do it. I'm glad, so far, that I did. I'm going to try the S-AFC and see if I can bring the running too rich under control and I'm sure that will give even more ponies. We'll see.

Letsride- Yes I do have the PI dragon TC already in the car.
Old 09-22-03, 03:57 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally posted by jmecbr900
I'm going to try the S-AFC and see if I can bring the running too rich under control and I'm sure that will give even more ponies.
So you are running the "stock" 5.5 lbs of boost? Nothing changed except for the injectors right (from 251 to 310cc).

Interesting....

I bet you are having a blast right now. Drive careful!
Old 09-22-03, 04:34 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Mr Johnson
So you are running the "stock" 5.5 lbs of boost? Nothing changed except for the injectors right (from 251 to 310cc).

Interesting....

I bet you are having a blast right now. Drive careful!
Actually I'm running the 7lb pulley, 3.33". It's still running really rich. My gauge hasn't seen but 5lbs of boost the whole time even at redline. I figure about a 2lb loss due to the intercooler, but with the benefits of the intercooler, I figure I get that back. Know what I mean?
Old 09-22-03, 05:08 PM
Letsride

Talking

Nice Just take it easy until you can dyno tune that thing, it must be a fun ride.......
Old 09-22-03, 08:53 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Ok guys, let's see if this works better.

I have some NOPI pics in there too. I'm weeding thru like 100 pics to post some of the better ones.

Let me know what you think.

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...p?ppuser=13128
Old 09-24-03, 04:03 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

did you install it yourself
Old 09-24-03, 05:35 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by NoRyceGS4
did you install it yourself
No sir, I had a local speed shop do it for me. We've been friends for a long time, so they took care of me. They did a great job in my opinion. I went to the dealer today to show it off to a buddy of ours that couldn't make NOPI this past weekend. Even the dealer folks loved the cleanliness of the install. That's a feat all initself.

I would say that with all the pieces involved and the fact that a few things have to be relocated.....it's a job left for those that have extensive tools and skills. It could be a DIY, but you better leave all weekend to do it right. The shop took about 10 solid hours installing and about 6 more just tidying things up and that's actually a conservative estimate since Millen told me to expect at least 12 hours to install.
Old 09-24-03, 05:50 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw his car at the dealer today and everyone was saying that the finished and installed looks factory. Plus a few more ponies behind the wheels...Now, everybody asked me about when I'm going to do it.. I think for the price of the setup, this is the only way to go with your GS400.
Old 09-24-03, 06:03 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

See what I mean!!!!

And this folks, is coming from someone who not only is a Lexus Master Tech, but also has a car clean enough to eat off of.

You do know that all this modding is your fault, right Nuum??? I was driving my fully stock, 16" factory tired, no spoiler, no tint, stock engined, plain jane GS400 thru the dealer to get the radio fixed AND THEN.....saw your car and that was it!!!!

Thanks Nuum!!!!

Old 09-24-03, 06:30 PM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

Jmec,

Did you order the pulley for the 7lbs right from vortec? Is it still running rich?
Old 09-25-03, 07:20 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jcramair1
Jmec,

Did you order the pulley for the 7lbs right from vortec? Is it still running rich?
No sir, I got it from Millen when I ordered the whole thing. Blair asked me if I wanted the 5lb pulley (stock) or the 7lb pulley... . I went ahead and told him to send me the smaller pulley (7lb, 3.33") which is what I have on there now.

Yes, it seems to be running very rich. I say that based on the fact that my tailpipe tips are totally blackened with soot almost immidietly after cleaning them, which never happened before. I also say that because the EGT gauge either runs cooler or dead stops while under hard boost. Plus, my ever on CEL light is on and the only code that it has and is throwing is the "rich code".

I've reset the CEL atleast 5 times, only to have the same code come right back. I'm pretty sure I'm running rich, but I'll find out for sure probably next week when the S-AFC comes in and I take it to the dyno to tune it.

Quick Reply: First pics of the supercharger