Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT Intake - Take 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-03, 08:12 PM
Slytimus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT Intake - Take 2

Ok it happened to me again! The car stalled on me. For those of you not up to speed, shortly after installing the SRT Intake and ECU I experienced intermittent stalling problems. It was suggested that I recheck the soldering of the ECU. Having done that and resoldering all the connections the problem went away. Now after having my confidence renewed and not even thinking about stalling problems it happened again today. Exactly ten days after resoldering. The only thing I notice is that the SRT Intake does not fit very well around the intake of the engine manifold. Could this be causing the problem? Although I love the additional power, as well as the engine sound, I'm seriously thinking of removing the intake and ECU and putting the stock unit back since I don't want to be driving and always thinking the car may stall. Suggestions anyone?
Old 09-24-03, 08:32 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,373 Posts
Default Re: SRT Intake - Take 2

Originally posted by Slytimus
The only thing I notice is that the SRT Intake does not fit very well around the intake of the engine manifold. Could this be causing the problem?
Absolutely. Can you see a gap? Isn't there one of those gaskets there?
Old 09-24-03, 08:49 PM
Slytimus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the SRT supplied red gasket is in place. The SRT pipe does not fit squarely onto the intake. Even after I clamp it down I can still wiggle it with my hands. It's as if the SRT pipe was not machined properly.