Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT Stage 4 IS300 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-03, 11:11 AM
ali1983
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was at the srt meet on sunday....good times

Bob's SRT car was amazing and so was Aldo's PFS

I did not get a good look at bob's engine bay, wish i did

" At 4000 RPM, according to the dyno, the PFS car has almost 400 HP compared to 225 from SRT. At 5000 RPM, the PFS car is max'd at almost 600hp while SRT is still climbing at 400hp. "

torque gets you off the line, horsepower keeps you moving. Aldo is gonna get off the line with alot more power being put down....

horsepower is: torque x RPM divided by [5252(something like that...)]

Bob is using a bigger turbo and therefore it will take him quite a while to spool up (dynosheet proves it)
Bob stated his car was built for 0.25mile and to be daily driven (i think he's heading out to the track soon...not sure, but maybe tonight at capital raceway)

Aldo's car spools up faster with a smaller turbo,he is running TT internals and he stated he's planning on running a GTE head soon, more aggressive cams
Aldo's car is daily driven and set up for the street, he would spool up faster...more torque at lower rpm's

SRT did pop the hood of their beast after putting down 700+ while Aldo had it popped from before the run.....

PFS offers 3 stages, stage 3 being custom application, SRT offers 4 stages, stage 4 being custom application

custom application-you get what you pay for, what you can afford, is what you get

Bob and Aldo put alot into their cars

i've read posts by lexciting in is300.net, nothing against him, but he is biased to SRT, being a customer

Aldo orginally had a SRT stage4 on his car, the setup did not work, that's when he took it to PFS

Both cars are different beasts, one more street and one more 0.25mile

PERSONAL OPINION=I would rather being pushing Aldo's car=PERSONAL OPINION

you could say Aldo's car was where SRT learned how to build a 700+ 2jzge

finally Aldo is a nice guy and so is Bob.

-ali
Old 10-03-03, 11:54 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

True - I am sorta-bias towards SRT since they were the first company to offer anything for the lexus brand, and of course I have purchased plenty of products from them for my various cars thru the years (SC400, GS400,ES300), and would consider myself a SRT customer. So I will talk and speak on SRT's service toward me, and the products that I have seen/purchased myself.

BUT am I biased in posting the 128rwhp difference between the SRT car, and the PFS car? No. Facts speak for themselves. If there was a race between Aldo's, and ParcelPimps car, and I was taping it, would I post the video if the SRT car lost? Yes.

Both cars are impressive.

Looking at the dyno sheets posted by Waxman, and comparing it to both SRT/PFS, would I be biased and choose the SRT kit? No. Why? Because looking at the charts, Waxman's power is more linear (which I like) and way smoother than both the SRT/PFS dynosharts. But thats my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 10-03-03, 01:38 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by LexCiting
Thats true because you have to factor in "usable" horsepower. But don't you think the SRT (and your car from your dyno (DAMN! Waxman, thats a smooth powerband! ) would have an advantage since both seem to hold that power instead of peaking at 5k then dropping almost 100rwhp like the PFS car? Not trying to start anything, just asking (since you of all people have had the most constant boosted IS from the jump from what I have seen/read on the 'net).

I'll agree that the dyno results can give a false impression.
My opinion is that I would take a very big advantage out of the hole, then he would start reeling me in at 70 or so. I think that car will not beat some of the faster cars out there unless it is from a roll. You hear a lot of guys in Supra's refusing to race unless it is from a roll. I think this car is in the same class. Remember any tuner can put that T-76 in the car and get bigger peak hp numbers. Maybe there is a reason they don't do it. For me a T-76 is too large and the lag would kill me. The other thing that you look at for racing is power under the curve. I think I have more area under the curve on my car, but without having the dyno on my car, I cannot really tell.

I can tell you that there are rumors of an IS300 running around Texas that ran a 100 mph trap in the 1/8 mile.
Old 10-04-03, 08:22 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Default 1/4 Miles

1/4 times for the stage 4

11.19 @ 130

Dyno Run thanks to Lexlr8 of is300.net
Attached Thumbnails SRT Stage 4 IS300 turbo-quarterstage4.gif  
Old 10-04-03, 08:41 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Default Re: 1/4 Miles

Originally posted by LexCiting
1/4 times for the stage 4

11.19 @ 130

Dyno Run thanks to Lexlr8 of is300.net
Lex, nothing personal, but please stop hoaring all the posts. If you post the time slip in a new thread, then why are you posting it in this thread? Just seems like a waste of bandwidth.