Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT Intake Take 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-03, 06:52 PM
Slytimus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT Intake Take 3

Hey guys, just one quick question. If you remove the SRT intake and put back the stock intake is it safe to just disconnect the SRT Piggyback ECU from the harness and everything will run fine? The fact that the other part of the harness is still soldered to the main ECU should not be a problem should it? The reason I ask is that I just performed this operation and the car wouldn't start right away. After a few attempts and giving it a little gas the engine cranked but the check engine, VSC and VSC Off lights remained on. I did a quick recheck of everything but to no avail. After a while the car just wouldn't start. Running out of time I just put the SRT intake back on. Why did I do this you ask? The car has stalled on me three times since putting on the SRT intake. And yes, I did recheck the soldering.
Old 10-01-03, 07:10 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

sly

under no circumstances run with ecu still connected to srt race ecu , you very well can damage your eng

disconnect your connections and tape up wires that were spliced or soldered but make sure no 2 wires are exposed touching each other
Old 10-01-03, 08:21 PM
Slytimus
Driver School Candidate

Just a bit of clarification. The SRT ECU consists of two parts. The "Black Box" that has the white connection on one end and the harness that has the other white connection on one end and the six wires on the other. I'm physically removing the "Black Box" by disconnecting the two white connections (i.e. the SRT ECU itself is no longer part of the occassion). The only thing that remains connected are the six soldered wires on one end and the non-connected white connection on the other. From my crude diagram below there is no longer a physical connection between 1 and 2. I'm not sure I was clear enough in the previous post.

=========== |----------------------->
| | __ __ |----------------------->
| ECU | -------| 1 | | 2 |--------|------------------------>
| | |------------------------>
=========== | ----------------------->
|------------------------>
Old 10-01-03, 08:23 PM
Slytimus
Driver School Candidate

Ah! The diagram did not come out right after I posted the message. I hope my words were clear though!
Old 10-01-03, 08:35 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

sly

although you have disconnected the connecter , remember you have one cut wire routed through the ecu/connecter .. you need to reconnect that wire and disconnect the others and button it up
Old 10-02-03, 07:22 AM
Slytimus
Driver School Candidate

LexForLife,

Bingo! I had forgotten about the cut wire. That's probably the part I was missing. When (and if) the stock intake goes back in I'll remember this.

Thanks!
Old 10-02-03, 08:52 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Old 10-08-03, 07:24 PM
keenan2k4
Driver School Candidate

I did the same thing today with my srt intake cut the wire and its running great now