Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

The dyno numbers are in.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-03, 08:33 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by KVA
Congrats...car looks great! ...if I could only get mine to pull those numbers

...and good spot for the handgun. Do they allow that is Georgia (Atlanta)? In CA you would be in jail so fast if you got caught with one of those in the car! Cops here have zero tolerance...but you already knew that (just watch the news)!
Thanks.

As for the gun, I didn't really think about it when I took the pic. I have a CCW permit, so it's perfectly legal. As a matter of fact, GA law allows you (as long as you're not a felon and over 21) to posses a handgun in 3 places legally w/o a permit.....home, car, and business. Only provision is that it has to be in an "open and exposed manner". With a CCW permit, you can go a step further and carry on your person totally concealed, except to schools, gov't buildings, church, political rallies, anywhere where alcohol is consumed on the premises, any private building where the owner specifically prohibits it (i.e. wal-mart), and sporting events or any events in/around the places mentioned above. This is the law here in GA, in a nutshell.

I've been stopped quite a few times since I've been carrying, and I've only had one instance where the patrolman freaked out. Everyother time it has been very matter-of-fact because I didn't act stupid when he walked up to my window. If you do the right thing, the policeman will not have issues with you or atleast shouldn't. I carry my gun in the car totally exposed, as shown in the pic. I want to have immidiate access to it and also total exposure in case of getting pulled over. I don't want any misunderstandings if I ever get pulled over. I went thru a road-block a few weeks ago where I told him right from the begginning that it was there; he saw it, kept his eye on me, checked my license and insurance, never freaked out, and sent me on my way. The smart thing is to let the patrolman know immidietly that you have a weapon in the car, keep your hands on the steering wheel until told otherwise, at night turn on the interior light so they can see clearly inside the car, and always advise them of what you're doing. People get shot unnecessarily because they either forget to tell the gun is there or worse tell them it's there and then reach for it to move it. Don't make any moves that he/she can't identify and you'll be ok.

My long .02.
Old 10-03-03, 11:10 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 311 Likes on 189 Posts

Congrats Jaime, your car sounds like a monster now!!!!

What are your 0-60 times now? Can you beat the 493 HP 2003 Supercharged MB E55 AMG?
Old 10-03-03, 11:18 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jmecbr900
Question:

I've read thru a hundred pages of old text trying to find a solid answer on drivetrain loss. Is it 20% or 25% for our cars? Does anyone know? Is there any kind of hint from Lexus?

I read a ton of old threads and there seems to be a lot of debate regarding this because the number is used by different companies to "puff" up the gain numbers AFTER using their parts. Atleast that's what's alleged.
Well... FWIW most stock GS dyno around 235-240 or so to the rear wheels. Assuming the 300 HP # is correct stock that translates to a 20% loss. Note that the # doesn't stay constant (You're not losing 200 HP to drivetrain loss if you make 1000 HP) but 18-20% is a good swag for loss as the HP moves up.

As for beating the new E55... I doubt it. Different SC design so they get more power sooner. The 1/4 mile and 0-60 times are nuts. I have not been able to come close but then again, I've never gone straight up against one either.
Old 10-03-03, 11:21 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Hameed
Congrats Jaime, your car sounds like a monster now!!!!

What are your 0-60 times now? Can you beat the 493 HP 2003 Supercharged MB E55 AMG?
Haven't got out the ol' G-tech on it yet, but I will this weekend just for kicks.

As for the MB AMG....If you factor in 20% drivetrain loss, they have about close to 400 @ wheels which is awesome. With that kind of power....I doubt I could hang too much. If they have a big drivetrain loss like we do of 25%, then the power goes down to 369 @ wheels which is really close to where I'm at now so it may be a different story. Either way, it's all speculation since I haven't ran into one yet. I'm sure I will one day and we'll see what REALLY happens.
Old 10-03-03, 11:25 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Mr Johnson
Well... FWIW most stock GS dyno around 235-240 or so to the rear wheels. Assuming the 300 HP # is correct stock that translates to a 20% loss. Note that the # doesn't stay constant (You're not losing 200 HP to drivetrain loss if you make 1000 HP) but 18-20% is a good swag for loss as the HP moves up.

As for beating the new E55... I doubt it. Different SC design so they get more power sooner. The 1/4 mile and 0-60 times are nuts. I have not been able to come close but then again, I've never gone straight up against one either.
I know. The numbers on the AMG are unbelievable. I'd love to run one head to head to see. Maybe one day.

You still haven't told me your pulley combo to get 8.5lbs of boost. You don't wanna tell me???? I won't tell nobody.....PM me if you want. I just don't know anyone else to ask.

Last edited by jmecbr900; 10-03-03 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-03-03, 01:37 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally posted by jmecbr900
You still haven't told me your pulley combo to get 8.5lbs of boost. You don't wanna tell me???? I won't tell nobody.....PM me if you want. I just don't know anyone else to ask.
I have a different SC than you do. The pulley size wouldn't be meaningful for your SC/Intercooler combination.
Old 10-03-03, 02:52 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

I have a different SC than you do. The pulley size wouldn't be meaningful for your SC/Intercooler combination.
I thought you had the RMM kit too. I take it you have the SRT one then.
Old 10-03-03, 03:04 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Correct. I have the SRT Stage III. See here for details.
Old 10-03-03, 06:21 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Correct. I have the SRT Stage III. See here for details.
Where did you put the MAF? I didn't see it on the pic.

I'm going to try and run a bypass valve on mine, but it's a pain because of the MAF.