Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

17 200t 8ar bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-22 | 11:35 AM
Milkshake
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BMGS
That's not bad at all for all of them. Is it all 10 and 12mm bolts? I always like to gather up the tools ahead of time or use the job as an excuse to order new tools that can help make the job easier.
If I remember correctly, yes.
Scoop up a pair of hose clamp pliers, theyre amazing
Old 03-18-22 | 01:37 PM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by Milkshake
If I remember correctly, yes.
Scoop up a pair of hose clamp pliers, theyre amazing
Absolutely, thanks for reminder, I have the whole hose plier kit I bought for a radiator swap awhile back. I got all of the parts in today and I'll break out the tools for this job, thanks!

I also ordered the water injection kit and I figure I'll do a separate thread on that since I couldn't find much on the 200t application. I only mention it because you were looking for other bolt-ons and it can deliver a good punch of power if the existing cooling system is not up to par. That may be the case with a tune and the extra boost.

I am not sure about the IS but on the GS, there is practically a frunk between the radiator and bumper/grille that is a roomy and easy to access spot for the tank and pump. The available bung in the HPS charge pipe was just the shove I needed to get started on the WI project, so thanks for this thread!
Old 03-18-22 | 03:24 PM
Milkshake
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BMGS
I am not sure about the IS but on the GS, there is practically a frunk between the radiator and bumper/grille that is a roomy and easy to access spot for the tank and pump. The available bung in the HPS charge pipe was just the shove I needed to get started on the WI project, so thanks for this thread!
theres 2 ports. Did you get a kit with a standalone MAP sensor?
Old 03-19-22 | 02:57 AM
BMGS
Racer

theres 2 ports. Did you get a kit with a standalone MAP sensor?
Yup I see the two ports. The one that's closest to the intercooler would be the one to use. The ideal location would be post-IC but on this setup, it's super tight down there between the IC outlet and throttle body.

I ordered a Snow Performance Stage 2 which does include a separate MAP that you can program to ramp the injection progressively based on boost.
Old 03-29-22 | 06:53 AM
BMGS
Racer

I installed all of the parts and I definitely do feel a difference. I installed the intake tube and turbo muffler delete first and then the charge pipe the next week. I only drove with the charge pipe once but I didn't feel anything additional in my initial drive. I feel that most of the gain was from either the intake tube or turbo muffler delete. The charge pipe was mainly for peace of mind (the factory pipe is a two piece plastic part that may crack under higher boost) and for the water injection ports.

The charge pipe took me a little over 4 hours, including about 35 minutes to retrieve a lost nut from the belly pan. One tool that would have saved a lot of time for the intercooler hose clamp is an extra long 10mm socket. I ordered this in case I need to access that t-bolt clamp again:
Amazon Amazon

I started a water injection thread below and I'll post various steps as I complete them in my spare time over the next few weeks.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tallation.html
Old 04-09-22 | 01:14 PM
zhifan1
Advanced

Finally got my TMD installed and boy, it was very tedious to say the least... For those interested in doing it, 10 and 12mm deep sockets will make life much easier and the hardest part was actually pulling the original TM out from the silicone coupler. The TMD does nothing to increase the blowoff or turbo sound though, even though I was not looking to increase the sound. It is a relatively cheap upgrade and together with the HPS silicone intake tube, there seems to be a very slight improvement at the lower end, but turbo lag is definitely still there.
Old 05-26-22 | 09:04 PM
Milkshake
Driver School Candidate

Touching on this thread again.
I ordered the "updated" vacuum regulator whatever the hell its called and wastegate vacuum line. I had originally went to the stealership and had them look into the service bulletin but i was outside of the mileage for it to be free so just gonna tackle it myself.
Those along with the D3 tune will be in over the weekend.
With that being said. I borrowed a dragy from a coworker and will actually be able to get some numbers during this process. Going to run it as is with parts above. Again after fixing the vacuum regulator and then AGAIN after getting the tune loaded up. Curious to see how all that goes.
Old 07-28-22 | 11:36 AM
hscott771
10th Gear

Touching on this thread again.
I ordered the "updated" vacuum regulator whatever the hell its called and wastegate vacuum line. I had originally went to the stealership and had them look into the service bulletin but i was outside of the mileage for it to be free so just gonna tackle it myself.
Those along with the D3 tune will be in over the weekend.
With that being said. I borrowed a dragy from a coworker and will actually be able to get some numbers during this process. Going to run it as is with parts above. Again after fixing the vacuum regulator and then AGAIN after getting the tune loaded up. Curious to see how all that goes.

hey buddy, where did you order the parts from? I am out of warranty as well and want to do it myself but dont want to pay the high from lexus direct if at all possible. Any links? Thank you
Old 07-29-22 | 03:24 PM
Milkshake
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hscott771
hey buddy, where did you order the parts from? I am out of warranty as well and want to do it myself but dont want to pay the high from lexus direct if at all possible. Any links? Thank you
i found the actual regulator on ebay. Vacuum line i ordered from my closest dealership and had it delivered.
regulator PART# 25819-0w010
vacuum line part # 25760-36051