Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2021/2022 IS350 tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-22 | 08:03 PM
gadlyf
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Tamtino
sorry for the delay I’m waiting for all my parts to deliver so I can dyno it

catless headers,exhaust and cai all back ordered till mid July

But at the moment I am running D3 hp tune with 7200rpm

It pulls and sound a bit harder and louder imo a bit more fun to drive. I also tried out their Enhanced throttle tune which makes it feel more reactive when I floor it instead of having a slug ish delay to it.

if you want to see dyno numbers with just the tune and stock car I can make it work.
couple questions, first being the link to the catless headers, I haven’t found any for a 21. Second, the enhanced throttle tune, is it included in the package or is it an extra option. And do they provide a factory tune to reset if needed as well as multiple tunes for different octane? Lastly, how easy and quick was the setup for the tune. Thanks
Old 05-28-22 | 01:43 PM
Tamtino
Rookie

Originally Posted by gadlyf
couple questions, first being the link to the catless headers, I haven’t found any for a 21. Second, the enhanced throttle tune, is it included in the package or is it an extra option. And do they provide a factory tune to reset if needed as well as multiple tunes for different octane? Lastly, how easy and quick was the setup for the tune. Thanks
Catless headers: https://www.jmautosports.com/product...ess-935001a-ss
Those are for awd but they should have rwd if you email them.

So I bought the pro tuner and it comes with 3 different tunes all together at no extra cost, they do have a button that will revert the car back to stock, as for octane I'm pretty sure they only have premium 93 octane at the moment. It was really easy to tune and setup, they provided the obdii cable plug it into your car and fire up the progam and the tune you want and it will take about 2-3 minutes and then it done.
1. True manual mode which seems useless to me
2. enhanced throttle tune
3. hp increase tune

3. hp increase tune
The following users liked this post:
gadlyf (05-30-22)
Old 06-06-22 | 09:59 PM
Wongj7
6th Gear

Catless headers: https://www.jmautosports.com/product...ess-935001a-ss
Those are for awd but they should have rwd if you email them.

So I bought the pro tuner and it comes with 3 different tunes all together at no extra cost, they do have a button that will revert the car back to stock, as for octane I'm pretty sure they only have premium 93 octane at the moment. It was really easy to tune and setup, they provided the obdii cable plug it into your car and fire up the progam and the tune you want and it will take about 2-3 minutes and then it done.
3. hp increase tune

3. hp increase tune
How is it so far? I feel like I can't find anything on tuning the 2021+ IS350. I will be getting the 22 IS350 AWD and I know the infamous lexus sluggish shifting but I love the look so much that I'm very okay with it. I'm hoping to do a tune to hopefully get a more responsive throttle and maybe squeeze a little more power out of engine.

I saw on another thread you mentioned ECU reflash. Were you able to reflash to stock settings?
Old 06-07-22 | 12:30 AM
Tamtino
Rookie

Originally Posted by Wongj7
How is it so far? I feel like I can't find anything on tuning the 2021+ IS350. I will be getting the 22 IS350 AWD and I know the infamous lexus sluggish shifting but I love the look so much that I'm very okay with it. I'm hoping to do a tune to hopefully get a more responsive throttle and maybe squeeze a little more power out of engine.

I saw on another thread you mentioned ECU reflash. Were you able to reflash to stock settings?
Car feels more enjoyable to ride whenever I want to mash the pedal.
I would recommend getting the enhanced throttle tune because I switch over to it and it makes the car and shifting feel more responsive.
I was able to reflash to stock setting, but I had bricked my ecu when retuning it so I shipped it out to D3 and they happily fixed it and shipped it back.
Wongj7 (06-07-22)
Old 06-07-22 | 12:59 PM
Wongj7
6th Gear

Car feels more enjoyable to ride whenever I want to mash the pedal.
I would recommend getting the enhanced throttle tune because I switch over to it and it makes the car and shifting feel more responsive.
I was able to reflash to stock setting, but I had bricked my ecu when retuning it so I shipped it out to D3 and they happily fixed it and shipped it back.
Okay cool - Do you know what caused the brick when reflashing? Was it the tuner issue or potential user error?

Also do you know if reflashing back to stock will maintain the warranty?
Old 06-08-22 | 01:19 AM
Tamtino
Rookie

Okay cool - Do you know what caused the brick when reflashing? Was it the tuner issue or potential user error?

Also do you know if reflashing back to stock will maintain the warranty?

I think it was user error while flashing probably could have the cable not fully connected.
I'm not 100% sure but it should maintain the warranty.
I've been doing my own oil change and other stuff at home ever since I got the tune.
Wongj7 (06-09-22)
Old 06-09-22 | 02:09 PM
Wongj7
6th Gear

Thanks Tamtino. One last question. What made you pick the Pro tuner vs the performance tuner?
Old 06-09-22 | 02:10 PM
Wongj7
6th Gear

I think it was user error while flashing probably could have the cable not fully connected.
I'm not 100% sure but it should maintain the warranty.
I've been doing my own oil change and other stuff at home ever since I got the tune.
Thanks Tamtino. One last question. What made you pick the Pro tuner vs the performance tuner?
Old 06-12-22 | 02:41 AM
Tamtino
Rookie

It was cheaper and instock instead of having to wait for preorders but the performance tuner is more convenient imo
Old 06-23-22 | 12:14 PM
sausages
3rd Gear

New owner of 2022 IS 300 AWD and would give up part of nut sack for a tune
Old 07-30-22 | 04:06 PM
Pablobrah
Rookie

Originally Posted by sausages
New owner of 2022 IS 300 AWD and would give up part of nut sack for a tune
here you go, no nut sack needed (works on the 300, I confirmed with them)

https://d3performance.net/index.php/...ormance-tuner/

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021...-tune-sleeper/

Lee3333 (03-30-23)
Old 07-31-22 | 09:44 AM
Pablobrah
Rookie

I emailed D3 and they claim that their handheld performance tuner with their prebuilt tunes work on the new 21/22 platform I'm debating on trying it.

I have a 22' IS 350 F sport with DHP and I like it even though it's a bit slower than the other gen due to the gearing but other than speed it a nice and comfy car.
Did you ever get a tune for your 22’ 350?
Old 08-26-22 | 04:10 PM
athanato
Intermediate

Does anyone have any experience and feedback using this on a 2018-2020 IS 300 AWD?, I have been waiting for a solution for my 2018.
Old 09-08-22 | 04:46 PM
corbinis35
1st Gear

Default tune for newer is350

[QUOTE=RRRacing;11256561]We don't have anything for the 2018+.

you guys should create a tune for the newer is350 im willing to buy one rn
Lee3333 (03-30-23)
Old 09-24-22 | 10:33 AM
NateDogg79
Pit Crew

i have the d3 on my 2021 and its awesome, i really needed it to get rid of my o2 sensors issues after installing PPE catless headers. No sensor i bought for the midpipes would work at all to fix this.

d3 sent me a tune to delete the catless header issue and they are awesome to work with!

Quick Reply: 2021/2022 IS350 tune