Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2021/2022 IS350 tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-22, 11:27 PM
Tamtino
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2021/2022 IS350 tune

D3performace and OVtune claim that their tunes work on the new 2021/2022 is350 platform but RRracing hasnt yet, has anyone used these tune on their car before?

https://vftuner.com/collections/vf/p...re-flash-cable
https://d3performance.net/index.php/...ormance-tuner/
Old 03-26-22, 08:11 PM
Rhydg1
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

* OV dose not provide pre made tunes for Lexus(es) anymore. That link is just for the software/obd2 connection kit that would allow you(if you know what your doing) or a tuner with a dyno to make their own tune. As seen in the big red text at the bottom of the page "This software IS NOT A TUNE. Rather it allows you to develop your own for your vehicle for competition use."

Really curious about the D3 tune though. I myself have a 16 IS and have been going back and forth about if the 21/22 is worth the upgrade. I have the RR racing tune on mine now. But as you said, they don't seem to have anything currently for the 21/22 cars. D3 seems to be pretty well received on the camery forums
Old 03-27-22, 07:49 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,413 Likes on 647 Posts

We don't have anything for the 2018+.

-Justin
RR Sales
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 03-27-22, 10:52 PM
Tamtino
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rhydg1
* OV dose not provide pre made tunes for Lexus(es) anymore. That link is just for the software/obd2 connection kit that would allow you(if you know what your doing) or a tuner with a dyno to make their own tune. As seen in the big red text at the bottom of the page "This software IS NOT A TUNE. Rather it allows you to develop your own for your vehicle for competition use."

Really curious about the D3 tune though. I myself have a 16 IS and have been going back and forth about if the 21/22 is worth the upgrade. I have the RR racing tune on mine now. But as you said, they don't seem to have anything currently for the 21/22 cars. D3 seems to be pretty well received on the camery forums
I emailed D3 and they claim that their handheld performance tuner with their prebuilt tunes work on the new 21/22 platform I'm debating on trying it.

I have a 22' IS 350 F sport with DHP and I like it even though it's a bit slower than the other gen due to the gearing but other than speed it a nice and comfy car.
Old 03-30-22, 09:36 PM
Rhydg1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RRRacing
We don't have anything for the 2018+.

-Justin
RR Sales
Do you just not have any tunes made for the 18+, or you don't have the capability at all yet? I have your tune on my 16' IS but have been looking at the new 21/22 due to the new tech, and notably better ride quality. Given that your a 1.5-2HR drive for me; I could physically get the car to you if I do upgrade.
Old 03-31-22, 09:57 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,421 Likes on 1,120 Posts

I have the D3 Performance Pro Tuner on my 13 GS350. My Friend has it on his 15 GS350 AWD. D3 makes some great Tunes. I have talked with them a few times. They know what they are doing and wont sell a tune if it does not produce what claimed. They have my Tune working with the Sport mode dial also. If I had your IS350 I would get one.
Old 04-12-22, 11:07 AM
Bogglo
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
I have the D3 Performance Pro Tuner on my 13 GS350. My Friend has it on his 15 GS350 AWD. D3 makes some great Tunes. I have talked with them a few times. They know what they are doing and wont sell a tune if it does not produce what claimed. They have my Tune working with the Sport mode dial also. If I had your IS350 I would get one.
Is your GS350 stock and how do you like the tune? what was the biggest difference it made to your car apart from the increased rev limiter?
Old 04-13-22, 09:23 AM
Rhydg1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bogglo
Is your GS350 stock and how do you like the tune? what was the biggest difference it made to your car apart from the increased rev limiter?
I think the D3 tune keeps the stock 6800RPM rev limiter? But yes, curious to hear more from someone who actually has the D3 tune, not many people here seem to have it for a 350
Old 04-16-22, 04:07 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bogglo
I like the Tune. I felt and still can tell a difference from the day I installed it. I have the Pro Tuner to custom Tune finish on a Dyno some day for other Mods I have. D3 Sets the Tunes to work with Sport Mode dial so I can go back and forth also. But no, it's not like adding FI to the engine.

I hesitate to speak about it because this whole CL Forum has turned into such a anti-Tune - stock forum giving advise on a products they have Not used , no less. On your Model year with Intake pipe, stock Air Box and K&N drop filter I think they got 20 plus hp up top including even more in Mid range. Right now I have those Air intake Mods and quite Tanabe Axle back and a few other things also. You can search for D3 Tune's on the same newer 350 Camry motor to see unbiased dynos and others thoughts. There are a least 3 different you tube's with different users thoughts about it.

I only run good 93 octane fuel and keep my upper intake and head as clean and as de-carboned as I can so that the Tune can optimize and keep my KCLV up high. If you dont you may not see what you want from any tune.

I think D3 has a 30 day money back on the Tune. I have No affiliation with them.
The following users liked this post:
KD7115 (06-09-23)
Old 04-18-22, 05:12 AM
Bogglo
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the Tune. I felt and still can tell a difference from the day I installed it. I have the Pro Tuner to custom Tune finish on a Dyno some day for other Mods I have. D3 Sets the Tunes to work with Sport Mode dial so I can go back and forth also. But no, it's not like adding FI to the engine.

I hesitate to speak about it because this whole CL Forum has turned into such a anti-Tune - stock forum giving advise on a products they have Not used , no less. On your Model year with Intake pipe, stock Air Box and K&N drop filter I think they got 20 plus hp up top including even more in Mid range. Right now I have those Air intake Mods and quite Tanabe Axle back and a few other things also. You can search for D3 Tune's on the same newer 350 Camry motor to see unbiased dynos and others thoughts. There are a least 3 different you tube's with different users thoughts about it.

I only run good 93 octane fuel and keep my upper intake and head as clean and as de-carboned as I can so that the Tune can optimize and keep my KCLV up high. If you dont you may not see what you want from any tune.

I think D3 has a 30 day money back on the Tune. I have No affiliation with them.
Thanks for the the feedback appreciate it.
Old 04-21-22, 10:09 AM
Tamtino
Rookie

I just ordered the protuner from D3 performance, I'll get dyno charts of before and after once I have the time to take it to the dyno!
The following 4 users liked this post by Tamtino:
DarrylT (03-08-23), ericy0315 (07-27-22), NICKLASISF (04-30-23), Rhydg1 (05-07-22)
Old 04-21-22, 03:51 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

I talked to Dennis at D3 today for a bit about my GS350. Wanted some Tuning tips from him for me to custom dial in my Mods a bit. I am hoping in the next few weeks back on the Dyno again to hit some high numbers, especially in tq, but we will see. I have a feeling he may just pop on here to add some expert experience he has.
Old 04-29-22, 05:54 AM
JNP1227
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

I talked to Dennis at D3 today for a bit about my GS350. Wanted some Tuning tips from him for me to custom dial in my Mods a bit. I am hoping in the next few weeks back on the Dyno again to hit some high numbers, especially in tq, but we will see. I have a feeling he may just pop on here to add some expert experience he has.
What are the dyno numbers so far?
Old 05-27-22, 03:33 PM
gadlyf
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tamtino
I just ordered the protuner from D3 performance, I'll get dyno charts of before and after once I have the time to take it to the dyno!
it's been about a month since your post. is D3 the way to go for the 21+ 350's?
Old 05-27-22, 06:46 PM
Tamtino
Rookie

Originally Posted by gadlyf
it's been about a month since your post. is D3 the way to go for the 21+ 350's?
sorry for the delay I’m waiting for all my parts to deliver so I can dyno it

catless headers,exhaust and cai all back ordered till mid July

But at the moment I am running D3 hp tune with 7200rpm

It pulls and sound a bit harder and louder imo a bit more fun to drive. I also tried out their Enhanced throttle tune which makes it feel more reactive when I floor it instead of having a slug ish delay to it.

if you want to see dyno numbers with just the tune and stock car I can make it work.

Quick Reply: 2021/2022 IS350 tune