Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS300 Engine Dress up Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-03, 01:30 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GS300 Engine Dress up Kit

Does anyone know where I can get an engine dress up kit of the 1998 Lexus GS300? I would prefer chrome but my car is black so I can work with some other options as well. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark
Old 10-21-03, 08:05 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Try www.IPTMotorsports.com

They sell IS300 Carbon Fiber parts that will fit the 2nd gen GS300...check out LXOGOOD's engine pics in the gallery...he has the Engine and Cam cover. I have just (yesterday) ordered the engine cover...my original cracked for some reason? Cost is around $240 w/ Lexus logo plus shipping. The Cam cover is about $160. I believe these are the only two parts that are replacement parts, all the others are made to fit over the OEM part.

Good luck.
Old 11-15-03, 11:49 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by KVA

They sell IS300 Carbon Fiber parts that will fit the 2nd gen GS300...check out LXOGOOD's engine pics in the gallery...he has the Engine and Cam cover. I have just (yesterday) ordered the engine cover...my original cracked for some reason? Cost is around $240 w/ Lexus logo plus shipping. The Cam cover is about $160. I believe these are the only two parts that are replacement parts, all the others are made to fit over the OEM part.

Good luck.
$240?
$160?
I see them on the the site for $344.00 and $269.00
Old 11-17-03, 08:20 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: GS300 Engine Dress up Kit

Originally posted by Automan
Does anyone know where I can get an engine dress up kit of the 1998 Lexus GS300? I would prefer chrome but my car is black so I can work with some other options as well. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark
do u mean dress up 4 the covers or 4 the hoses, there r so many different brands that make hose dress up kits. i have chrome braided with chrome end caps and got mine from a site called rayco i think but thna i noticed u could buy them at any parts store like pepbots or autozone...like $20 bucks or so..good luck
Old 11-17-03, 09:35 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

They just raised their prices...I guess I got the last engine cover at $260...
Old 11-20-03, 12:24 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

bluelex:

please post pics of what stuff you are talking about.

thanks.

As far as the Engine cover is concerendd. My car did not come with an engine cover, can the IPT fit on the GS 300 that did not have the engine cover?

and if so, how do I put the thing on?

if I can fit it on, can I still have the RMM strut bar on there? will it fir?

thanks.

Ted
Old 11-20-03, 12:34 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by ted920
bluelex:

please post pics of what stuff you are talking about.

thanks.

As far as the Engine cover is concerendd. My car did not come with an engine cover, can the IPT fit on the GS 300 that did not have the engine cover?

and if so, how do I put the thing on?

if I can fit it on, can I still have the RMM strut bar on there? will it fir?

thanks.

Ted
i thought he meant the steel braided hose covers that u can buy in auo supply stores. since he said chrome i thought thats what he meant, but as far as the engine covers i think the 2001 up came with the center cover mine is a 98 but i bought the 2001-up engine cover and had 2 cut the rear a bit 2 make it fit and a couple of my own little diy's 2 make it fit under and the rmm strut so it gives the center a bigger appearance, also i added the steel braided hose line covers as well..here is the pic..

Old 11-20-03, 01:11 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Take a look at LXOGOOD's engine pics. He has the IPT CF engine & cam cover...I should be getting my CF engine cover tomorrow or Monday .

Bluelex - I like the look of the braided hose covers...how much of a mess was it to do?
Old 11-20-03, 01:19 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by KVA
Bluelex - I like the look of the braided hose covers...how much of a mess was it to do?
not hard at all, just needed a nice set of big plyers and some old rags with rubberbands..i just squeezed the hose and than placed a rag where the fuid would come out and held it with a rubberband until i placed the braided hose over the original...it was pretty easy i did like 4 or 5 hoses in steel braided but than when i got the new cover it covered them up. but i like the bigger cover better anyway.. here is a pick b4 the new center cover and plp heat shield...u can c the couple more braided hoses i did...

Old 11-20-03, 01:23 PM
BuyERTS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by KVA
Take a look at LXOGOOD's engine pics. He has the IPT CF engine & cam cover...I should be getting my CF engine cover tomorrow or Monday .

Is there a good reason to replace the stock covers with these ones, assuming that the car isn't going to be "shown"? For example, does it sit lower so that some STB's fit with the cover in place?
Old 11-20-03, 01:34 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by BuyERTS
Is there a good reason to replace the stock covers with these ones, assuming that the car isn't going to be "shown"? For example, does it sit lower so that some STB's fit with the cover in place?
i don't think so ,i think its more 4 show than anything else...
Old 10-08-09, 03:28 PM
GSRSRT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KVA

Good luck.
www.IPTMotorsports.com I checked this and my web browser says page not found are they still up on the market or its shut down I need a CF cover ASAP for my 99 GS300
Old 10-08-09, 06:33 PM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GSRSRT
www.IPTMotorsports.com I checked this and my web browser says page not found are they still up on the market or its shut down I need a CF cover ASAP for my 99 GS300
The thread you bumped is 6 years old.
Old 10-08-09, 07:12 PM
GSRSRT
Lead Lap

ohh my bad am still new to this site and didn't look at what date it got started
Old 10-09-09, 10:58 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by GSRSRT
I'VE already linked this and it should work for yours....maybe with some slight modifications

http://my.is/forums/f90/first-look-a...-cover-397318/

Quick Reply: GS300 Engine Dress up Kit