Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

200T - D3 Performance Tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-23 | 02:50 AM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

1/1/2023 - Happy New Year! Small update: I had to pick the car up for some errands, so D3 was kind enough to let me have the car back for a bit. It'll go back to them on 1/9 for an undiscussed period of time. The car is on an unreleased tune making about 250whp (if I remember correctly) and did 190whp with FBO NO TUNE My phone was dead so I wasn't able to take a picture of the charts. They hit over 270whp, but that tune hit a few walls regarding how locked down and difficult the Lexus/Toyota ECU is. D3 is committed to cracking the case. I'm stoked to see where we go from here.

Taking the car for a spin: **EDITED** The car pulls significantly harder. Editing my previous statement because the numbers were way off, and are not a reflection of a finished product. Roads that I used to think were long are now a bit shorter.

Last edited by Lexus3GIST; 01-04-23 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-02-23 | 02:40 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lexus3GIST
Taking the car for a spin: I don't have a dragy, so the most scientific way I can measure 0-60mph is by using Adobe Premiere and clipping the frame before the "0 mph" switches to "1 mph" and repeating that at 60mph. These tests were done on a road with a slight uphill grade -- still pretty flat though.
Here's a screenshot of me thrashing on the car to figure out how to reach 60mph the fastest. The transmission being a slouch + my bad launches = I'll have to repeat this test later. With the right launch, I'm sure it'll get 5.9/5.8. No point in that though -- it's a WIP and the image below shows great improvement from the stock 7.3 sec 0-60 this car used to have.
The speedo on Lexus can read up to 5 mph off, and its always faster, so videos of the speedo are very unscientific. Might be closer to 6.4-6.5, which is strange since 200s have hit faster times with much less tuning years ago.

I would get a dragy to really see what its doing, I believe its on sale right now as well.
Old 01-04-23 | 12:17 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

in a stage 1 tune with just the d3 tune and no additional accessories, no intake, no bolt-ons, etc., what is the whp rating?
Old 01-04-23 | 07:32 AM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Originally Posted by TreysGS460
The speedo on Lexus can read up to 5 mph off, and its always faster, so videos of the speedo are very unscientific. Might be closer to 6.4-6.5, which is strange since 200s have hit faster times with much less tuning years ago.

I would get a dragy to really see what its doing, I believe its on sale right now as well.
You're 100% right. I'll try and keep any future posts as factual as possible. Thanks for the tips, Trey!
IMO - I think I might just remove the screenshot since it doesn't serve any purpose. Nobody is going to get the unreleased tune, so those numbers are irrelevant to everyone else. Once the car goes back to D3 on Monday...I think we're on the last stretch to 300+whp :wink:
Old 01-04-23 | 07:35 AM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Originally Posted by davyjordi
in a stage 1 tune with just the d3 tune and no additional accessories, no intake, no bolt-ons, etc., what is the whp rating?
I don't have those numbers for you, but next monday when I drop the car off, I'll ask to see if I can take a few pictures of charts. Unfortunately from the large amount of dyno runs made, I only remember the charts from their highest whp, the cars current tune, and what FBO no tune made. Stay tuned!
The following users liked this post:
davyjordi (01-04-23)
Old 01-04-23 | 08:27 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexus3GIST
I don't have those numbers for you, but next monday when I drop the car off, I'll ask to see if I can take a few pictures of charts. Unfortunately from the large amount of dyno runs made, I only remember the charts from their highest whp, the cars current tune, and what FBO no tune made. Stay tuned!
thank you!
Old 01-06-23 | 11:08 AM
illexo2
2nd gear

Yeah Man ppl that I also know too are giving up on the 8arfts including companies. I would say all we need is that special torque Lock tool to get past that eco blockage to receive our full potential out of this engine.I just know this engine can do more , it literally has forged internals. Im FBO+ D3 tune. Depending on whether or not the small size differences between the much boost turbo and the d3 turbo make a difference ill decide on which one ima buy.
Old 01-06-23 | 11:10 AM
illexo2
2nd gear

[QUOTE=Lexus3GIST;11389679]Yeah Man ppl that I also know too are giving up on the 8arfts including companies. I would say all we need is that special torque Lock tool to get past that eco blockage to receive our full potential out of this engine.I just know this engine can do more , it literally has forged internals. Im FBO+ D3 tune. Depending on whether or not the small size differences between the much boost turbo and the d3 turbo make a difference ill decide on which one ima buy.
Old 01-06-23 | 12:10 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Went head to head against a stock 2015 Evo X Final Edition. Each of the 4 rolls were almost even the entire way.
Facebook Post
Old 01-07-23 | 04:29 PM
is200t4me
3rd Gear

Great hearing the update. Any input on how the d3 tuner would differ from a pedal throttle controller? Would they work well together or are they redundant? Sorry, I know this is probably a really silly question.

Throttle controller here for reference:

https://injen.com/p-35871-throttle-controller.html

Thank you!
Old 01-07-23 | 07:01 PM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Originally Posted by is200t4me
Great hearing the update. Any input on how the d3 tuner would differ from a pedal throttle controller? Would they work well together or are they redundant? Sorry, I know this is probably a really silly question.

Throttle controller here for reference:

https://injen.com/p-35871-throttle-controller.html

Thank you!
Hey no worries about silly questions. That throttle controller will only modify the sensitivity of your gas pedal -- nothing else. You won't see any power gains from it. The D3 tune removes the lag that 200t's are plagued with and re-maps the ECU entirely. You'll also have verifiable whp gains rather than going by "feel" with the throttle controller. I can say with confidence, skip the throttle controller. The first night I loaded that D3 tune in, I actually had a smile on my face ripping around town. You won't regret it!
Old 01-17-23 | 12:10 AM
saintzu
4th Gear

any chance you still have this? just bought an IS 200t today and definitely want to do something about the throttle delay (and some extra power wont hurt).

sorry to post in here. if there's a way to direct message you, i havent figured it out yet.
Old 01-17-23 | 06:45 AM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Originally Posted by saintzu
any chance you still have this? just bought an IS 200t today and definitely want to do something about the throttle delay (and some extra power wont hurt).

sorry to post in here. if there's a way to direct message you, i havent figured it out yet.
Are you asking about the JB4? If so, just reach out to me through instagram. @htxricer
Old 01-23-23 | 11:01 AM
Lexus3GIST
Driver

Car was dropped off at D3 last monday FYI. I was only available to drop off while D3 was out on lunch / not at office....so unfortunately that means no pics of charts for ya'lls eye candy.

Stay tuned as always. I have a feeling things are about to get very exciting for all of us.
Old 01-23-23 | 11:13 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by saintzu

I have a D3 Tuner that will work for your car. It just needs to be unlocked but it will still run you cheaper than a new one: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/market/997725

Quick Reply: 200T - D3 Performance Tune