Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2016 IS350.. Aftermarket Resonators to Quiet Down Custom Invidia Q300 to Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-22, 07:28 AM
Scanlon798
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2016 IS350.. Aftermarket Resonators to Quiet Down Custom Invidia Q300 to Suggestions?

Hey guys,

First post here but let me say that the community has been a great help to me in the year or so I have had my IS350 F-Sport. I apologize if this post somewhat rehashes previous ones, but it is also a specific situation.

We recently moved and sold our house and the wife let me spend some of the proceeds on my car. I previously only had the Lexus brand F-Sport intake (which I honestly do not even know if it does anything other than look cool under the hood) and then bought the Invidia Q300 axleback to try and bring the car alive in terms of sound. Unfortunately, after getting it on, there was almost no difference in sound which was quite disappointing considering the cost of just the axleback (it seems I am five or so years too late to the party to have gotten the Invidia mid-pipe). A few weeks later I went to a local shop and had them cut the OEM resonators out so it was then basically straight from the cats to the axleback. It definitely brought the exhaust to life but it quickly became apparent to me that it was now too loud and kind of harsh. Fast forward to a month or so ago and I went back to that shop and had them weld in an x-pipe in the relatively correct spot given the available space in the exhaust channel (more or less where the stock resonators had been). The sound got cleaned up quite a bit, it is still every bit as loud, but it has a much more focused JDM sound, similar to the GTR where it almost sounds like a V8 but its actually an aggressive V6.

My plight is that, as I mentioned above, it is still every bit as loud. I love the sound I have developed but want to turn the volume down just a tad. Let's call where I am at right now a 10 (I know it could be louder, but I am calling this max volume) and say I want to get down to a 6 or 7. I am wondering if anyone out there has built their 3IS similarly and gone back after and added aftermarket resonators or anything to quiet down or further refine their exhaust sound.

Thanks, everyone!