Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Well, Installed my New EVO Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-03, 08:12 PM
Chiadon
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Well, Installed my New EVO Exhaust!

I finally got my EVO exhaust hooked up on my 99 GS4 and here's a few thoughts.
1. Installation very easy! My 12 yr. old daughter helped me in the garage and we had it done in no time.
2. I was expecting this exhaust to be a literal catback system, but that's not the case. I hooks into one pipe after the cats into a resonator/muffler. The Greddy pipe is definitely bigger, but they advertise it as a catback system which is a not absolutely true.
3. The sound of the exhaust is very low and throaty and especially nice when your fire up the car. I was not quite as loud as I thought it would be, but definitely as noticeable difference. I actually thought it would be louder under WOT, but then again, I have a Greddy system on my 90Z so my expectations were a little to high with WOT. Nevertheless, it is a very sweet sounding system and not annoying. My wife and daugher has no complaints so I'm good to go!
4. Very nice look with the big tips from the back end with Greddy engraving. Really beefs up the looks from the butt-end.
5. EVO plus the resent K&N FIPK = Nice sound!
6. Overall, great upgrade for looks, sound, and a little more punch on mid/high end (or at least it sounds like it!)
Finally, if you're going to buy, I would recommend the Suprastore.com Excellent customer service and you get what you ordered.
Old 10-23-03, 08:27 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

any drone noise in the 2k rpm range????
Old 10-23-03, 09:14 PM
Chiadon
Rookie

Default Drone

Very little to no drone around 1800 - 2000 rpm. It's really more rumble sound than annoying drone.

Don
99 GS4
90 300zx
Old 10-25-03, 12:09 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Default greddy evo

i love my greddy. all the ricer guys stare at the exhaust. those are some serious tips on there, you could launch large grapefruits out of those baby's. the stainless steel is beautiful. my wife liked the sound so much that when she drove my car she called and said she turned the stereo off just to listen to the exhaust. then she traded in her 2003 acura tl s and got a 1999 gs400 and the first thing she wanted was the greddy evo exhaust. she gets lots of admiring looks from everyone she comes in contact with. even my 65 year old neighbor said he likes the sound of it as i come roaring up our steep hill with wide open throttle. says it reminds him of the sound of the 60's muscle cars. every time i drive the car that sound just brightens up my day. if that exhaust drones i sure don't know it. no complaints
Old 10-25-03, 08:47 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: greddy evo

Originally posted by 3dog
i love my greddy. all the ricer guys stare at the exhaust. those are some serious tips on there, you could launch large grapefruits out of those baby's. the stainless steel is beautiful. my wife liked the sound so much that when she drove my car she called and said she turned the stereo off just to listen to the exhaust. then she traded in her 2003 acura tl s and got a 1999 gs400 and the first thing she wanted was the greddy evo exhaust. she gets lots of admiring looks from everyone she comes in contact with. even my 65 year old neighbor said he likes the sound of it as i come roaring up our steep hill with wide open throttle. says it reminds him of the sound of the 60's muscle cars. every time i drive the car that sound just brightens up my day. if that exhaust drones i sure don't know it. no complaints
Damn, I hope I marry a woman who is into that. Never heard of a wife liking an aftermarket exhaust on a car before.

Before I got my HKS , I was thinking about the EVO's. I'm glad the evo sounds good.
Old 10-26-03, 01:17 AM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about some pics?
Old 10-27-03, 12:34 PM
Chiadon
Rookie

Default I'll send pics

I have to take a few pics and then I'll post. This is a nice looking system and the bass sound of it is really low and throaty. This is not for the light hearted driver!

Don
99 GS4
90 Z