Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

need a sig 4 our upcoming meet(please)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-03, 07:19 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default need a sig 4 our upcoming meet(please)

hi guys,
can one of u guys please make us a sig 4 our upcoming meet/show event ...here is the link

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=101045

doesn't need 2 b complicated just as long as it has the info with som flare i guess 2 catch the eye..
thanx in advance...

also here is a pic of the flyer 4 the 4 show in case u guys want 2 use this

is possible at u'r earliest convience since the meet is less than a month away ...if u need anything else let me know.
thanx
Adrian

Last edited by bluelex; 11-15-03 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-16-03, 12:34 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default here

i tried to do something like this. it was hard to add all the text and info on a static picture so i did an animated .GIF instead.

i did not add as many "frames" as i wanted to keep the file size small. but i can add more text info that flashes on the right side if you want. but keep in mind that the file size will get bigger the more stuff we add.

i hope you like it. it's not very fancy but functional i hope. let me know if you want changes.

edit: oh yeah, let me know if it's flashing too fast or too slow. i just slowed it down a tad more.
Attached Thumbnails need a sig 4 our upcoming meet(please)-meetfinalsig.gif  

Last edited by darden; 11-16-03 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-16-03, 07:17 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

thanx so much 4 a quick response...could u mayb just make it less crowded as far as cars on the left, ..is their anyway 2 make the pic a link itself so people can click on the sig and it takes them 2 the post with all the info 2 the meet? i don't know how 2 do that....thanx again 4 u'r help and yes i love the flashing and its timed perfectly not 2 fast not 2 slow...also we don't expect that many sc's or es or rx's so could we get an is/gs/sc/and ls/ in the pic?

sorry if i sound like i'm being pushy, i'm really not trying 2 b. when u type it sounds like a command but that not how i'm thinking it

Last edited by bluelex; 11-16-03 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-16-03, 07:49 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

I might not be bad to have one of each model with the details to make it less crowded (for example, GS - bluelex and lfl could use, LS - methodical could use, IS - freelance could use, etc).

I'd suggest keeping it very simple with just the meet title and date with a 'click for details'. we can make it hotlink to the thread about the meet when anybody clicks on it (like my sig does to take people to my website)

I like the cycling text Darden, cool

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-16-03 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-16-03, 08:17 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by DaveGS4
I might not be bad to have one of each model with the details to make it less crowded (for example, GS - bluelex and lfl could use, LS - methodical could use, IS - freelance could use, etc).

I'd suggest keeping it very simple with just the meet title and date with a 'click for details'. we can make it hotlink to the thread about the meet when anybody clicks on it (like my sig does to take people to my website)

I agree with Dave, the simple route is better and easier on the eye, with all of the cars there, my eye just went to the scrolling text, since the words/cars together was kinda crowded. One car, a little bit darker on the car and lighter on the text also!!

Looks like the show is gonna be ridiculous. I may have to just FLY down!! LOL (No Adrian dammit, I'm NOT driving to FLA!!)
Old 11-16-03, 10:40 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DaveGS4

so dave u mean more than one sig with everyone having thier car in the sig? sorry i kinda get it but am still confused and i would need help with making it a hot link directly 2 the post when clicked on, i don't know how 2 do that...
Old 11-16-03, 01:07 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by bluelex
so dave u mean more than one sig with everyone having thier car in the sig?
Not each and every car have its own sig pic, but all the GS guys use a GSpic (yours, Lexfolife, whoever), all the IS guys use a pic, all the SC guys use a pic, etc etc . In total there will be a separate sig pic for each model (GS,IS,SC,LS,ES), 5 different sig pics.

I think that will be a good way to keep the sig clean, and legible!

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 11-16-03 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-16-03, 01:36 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

ok... i get it now...so darden..here is a pick of 3 gs's mine,lex4life and alwailliams..and johnee's 1st gen gs

another of gs's

heres one of wide ls (ls400)car

i don't have pics of freelance's yellow is300 but its on the flyer

also i don't any pics of sc's mayb anyopne from the gallerry would b fine...
i hope all this helps. again sorry if this sounds like a lot I , we, really appreciate it..

Last edited by bluelex; 11-16-03 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-16-03, 01:50 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

Default okay

here we go...

5 models, less clutter, "click for info" added.

to make an image as a link, simply add the URL command outside of the IMG command. and for the first open URL command, do it with URL=hyperlink.

my signature is also a link using this technique.

so it woule be like this

------------------------------------------
+URL=http://blahblah.com++IMG+http://imageimage+/IMG++/URL+

substitute "+" with the correct command brackets or whatever they are called. open bracket, close bracket.
-----------------------------------------

thanks all for the suggestions and ideas. please feel free to speak up. i enjoy the comments.
Attached Thumbnails need a sig 4 our upcoming meet(please)-meetfinalsig2.gif  

Last edited by darden; 11-16-03 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-16-03, 02:20 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

oh yeah, you know what would be even better...

if someone can find me a Yellow IS with the same Angle and a Red SC or Red LS with the same angle, i think the banner would stand out more and feel more complete. this way i can just replace the existing pictures of those models on the banner without making too many changes.

what do you think?
Old 11-16-03, 07:07 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

this one looks good. i will try 2 find pics of cars in the same angle...thanx so much 4 the help so far, u've been very quick with our requests..thanx a lot....

Adrian

Last edited by bluelex; 11-16-03 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-16-03, 07:15 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

What I thought was it would be 5 different sig pics. Like Bluelex, and lexforlife would have all the same text but with a pic of ONE gs. The Wide LS would have a sig with all the same text and ONE LS, then a IS guy would have all the same text and ONE IS. Take all the cars out of that last sig, and put Bluelex's car bigger by itself to see what I mean.

It would kinda like the magazines that do specialty "regional" covers, ie, the cover in NY has a Jay-z on the cover, and the cover in N'orleans has Cash Money millionaires. Lame example, but hopefully it works, plus people would be inclined to look because it would always look fresh! I know it made me keep looking at that tame the dragon one!!
Old 11-16-03, 11:41 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

Default okay

DGO's idea is pretty cool. since i think most are pleased with the text, changing the CAR pictures on the left side is pretty quick and easy. if this is a go, we can use the "5 model" as the universal sig and then i will do one of each model SOLO in the sig so people can choose if they want.

for this example, i use the blue IS300 featured car of the month. well, i chose this one because it was already a good size on the universal template and i just had to duplicate and move it.

anyway, here it is.
Attached Thumbnails need a sig 4 our upcoming meet(please)-meetis300sig.gif  
Old 11-17-03, 04:41 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

This is great!! It is very easy on the eyes and the text is easy to read!!

Old 11-17-03, 05:17 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

darden

i really appreciate the help and i also agree with d and dave , the one cae thing looks best

if you could use the one you just did and do one for bluelex using his car one using my car one using reggiek one using widels and one using freelances car that would be great so each of us thats organizing the event can be reconized

heres a pic for me

Last edited by lexforlife; 11-17-03 at 05:21 AM.

Quick Reply: need a sig 4 our upcoming meet(please)