Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

Need a cool Lexus border design

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-04, 02:05 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
No, it was a screen capture using MGI Photosuite (has an application screen capture tool, I just grabbed it right out of the Dynojet Runviewer screen). The initial attempt I did drag a little bigger to resize so I hope that's the blur.

Updated version below, I still need to work on the white space a little. I used my newfound knowledge of SAE vs no correction on the dyno to give me 10 more horsepower, lol.

I've only printed it on my laser printer, not on the inkjet for testing. In order to get it into a JPG to upload, I have to export from fireworks, so I suspect there is a little loss in clarity there as well. For the final, I'll just print direct from Fireworks.

All suggestions welcome!
okay, as for screen capture, you may just use Window's Default Screen Shot which puts the screen shot on the clipboard and then you can paste it in any application.

CTRL-Prt Sc is the default for windows. and then you may either open a new document in fireworks which will automatically the size of the screen shot and then paste it there or just paste it in an existing document.

yeah, enlarging any image or picture on the computer will tend to cause blurriness. it is hard to get that sharpness back after an enlargement even by tweaking it with photoshop.

however, making an image smaller always works well. in fact, sometimes, the picture or image may even look sharper.

if you have photoshop, i would recommend using that to print. it is a very powerful program. there are plenty of options to print. you could finish your stuff on fireworks and then copy/paste it into photoshop.

the dyno looks much better now for sure. could you increase the text by the blue box and also on the horizontal and vertical axis? well, as long as they are readable in print, i think that's okay then.

oh yeah, about the title font. much better. i do have a small suggestion. perhaps you can try spacing out the title letters out a little so that it will fill the top space more fully. also, by separating the letters will make letters stand out a bit more. just a thought.