Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

PS Question....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-04 | 02:13 PM
ES300SD
Pole Position

Default PS Question....

When you guys that know how to do photoshopping on cars, etc. Ok, When I go to lower a car I just basically cut out the bottom of the car and just cut that and paste it, then you can move it as close as you want to the wheels....Well in past versions of PS you could move it as little or as much as you want. Well Ive noticed that in PS CS, When you paste it and then try to move it, it is very jumpy and you cant get it to be very precise. Now if you guys can make sense out of what I just typed....Tell me if im doing the lowering part the hard way...or if there is just another way so it isnt all jumpy etc.

Thanks
Old 08-06-04 | 01:28 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

Default Re: PS Question....

Originally posted by ES300SD
When you guys that know how to do photoshopping on cars, etc. Ok, When I go to lower a car I just basically cut out the bottom of the car and just cut that and paste it, then you can move it as close as you want to the wheels....Well in past versions of PS you could move it as little or as much as you want. Well Ive noticed that in PS CS, When you paste it and then try to move it, it is very jumpy and you cant get it to be very precise. Now if you guys can make sense out of what I just typed....Tell me if im doing the lowering part the hard way...or if there is just another way so it isnt all jumpy etc.

Thanks
i usually cut the top, but cutting the bottom achives the same result.

as for being jumpy...hmm, that's strange, seems to me that the computer has insufficient resources to process the move. if your computer has beefy specs, then i dunno what's going on. sorry man.
Old 08-12-04 | 03:59 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

Recently, I had a problem with one of my RAM slots which killed dropped my total RAM from 512 MB to 256 MB. i noticed a major slow down with photoshop performance and was experiencing similar things you were describing.

anyway, got my RAM slot problem fixed and increased my total RAM from the original 512 MB to 768 MB of RAM.

now photoshop is running smoother that it ever did even with insane amount of programs open.

here's a screen shot of my desktop after i got the extra RAM. i opened up a ton of applications to demonstrate the increase in performance simply by adding RAM. photoshop filters still worked like a champ even intense filters such as liquify didn't even skip a beat.

anyway, final thought, if in doubt, increase RAM. (this is quoting Richie's signature which says "if in doubt, increase boost.")
Old 08-13-04 | 01:38 PM
Jc4dint
Driver

Default Re: PS Question....

The jumpy could be from your mouse, If you have an optical mouse make sure you don't have anything reflective underneath it. Main cause. But to move the object incrmentally in CS, you can select the object you want moved by using the select tool. For example lasso a rim then select transform, apple T or cntl T, then use your arrow keys to move it around voila. Zooming in on it at 100% or larger makes it move less, I think. But try it anyway.

Originally posted by ES300SD

Thanks