Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

Pictures too big? Editing License Plate?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-04, 07:00 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pictures too big? Editing License Plate?

I can't seem to decrease the size of my picture enough for the attachment to take it. And when I do have success decreasing the picture, it gets real blurry. I am using the Kodak program to reduce the size. Do I need to use something else to reduce the size of the pix, which oftentimes start out 4 times the permitted size (like 463 kb)?

And how do you edit out the license plate in an attached picture? I need some tool to whiteout my license plate like everyone else does, but can't seem to find a program to do it. I guess my Kodak program won't allow me to erase a part of the picture.

Thanks.
Old 11-07-04, 07:10 PM
Fiya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, just upload your pic to the CL gallery and then link to it on the post. This will resize it and allow someone to access the full res. if needed.

If you don't have any better programs I would open the pic in Microsoft Paint and paint over the license plate with the paintbrush, then resave it as jpg.

Oh by the way, why does everyone block out their license plate, if everyone can see it on the road anyway?
Old 11-07-04, 07:37 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have never used the CL gallery. I'll see if I can figure out how to upload pix there.

As for the license plate whiting out thing, I dont know why people do it. But I guess I should too. It does allow for your info to remain private. I bet you could get a lot of info just by having someone's licene plate...if you have access to the right databases. And unfortunately, there are a lot of wierdos on the 'Net. Better to be safe than sorry.

I don't have microsoft paint, but I do have Dell Image expert...and I was able to whiteout the plates. Now I am off to the gallery. Thanks.
-------

OK, I have uploaded some pix in the main CL gallery. Now I just have to find out how to attach a CL gallery pic to a post. Hmmmm...

Last edited by KevinGS; 11-07-04 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-07-04, 09:21 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by KevinGS
I have never used the CL gallery. I'll see if I can figure out how to upload pix there.

As for the license plate whiting out thing, I dont know why people do it. But I guess I should too. It does allow for your info to remain private. I bet you could get a lot of info just by having someone's licene plate...if you have access to the right databases. And unfortunately, there are a lot of wierdos on the 'Net. Better to be safe than sorry.

I don't have microsoft paint, but I do have Dell Image expert...and I was able to whiteout the plates. Now I am off to the gallery. Thanks.
-------

OK, I have uploaded some pix in the main CL gallery. Now I just have to find out how to attach a CL gallery pic to a post. Hmmmm...
check out the FAQ section of photoshop forum. it should help you out.