Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

Photo shop some wheels to my truck please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-08, 01:57 PM
drpepper
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kphu
Good stuff. I played around with your tips and I can see why the bright spots causes problems. Obviously I'm not done but i get what your talking about.
Thanks a bunch. Sorry for the crappy pic. Originally the file was too large to post and I saved it over with a lower setting.
Cool. That's a start

Playing around with the tools is definitely what you want to do.

Same goes with the rim swaps, if I could offer another tidbit on that.

On changing your rims, you might want to go a step further in trying to match up the perspective. Use the Free Transform tool to rotate the rim to match the POV from the original picture to the target picture. Example - if the source picture is taken with a centered, downward looking perspective, you can see the lower lip of the rim, but not the upper. Matching that source to a level target with a left to right looking perspective, you'd want to rotate the pasted wheel around 90 degrees counter-clockwise, making it appear that the right lip of the rim has the greatest visibility. Perspective is also helped by matching the oval of the pasted rim to the original rim with little tweaks using alternating Scale/Rotate ops and the Perspective, Skew, and Warp tools under Edit > Transform.

Last edited by drpepper; 10-22-08 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-22-08, 06:22 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drpepper
Cool. That's a start

Playing around with the tools is definitely what you want to do.

Same goes with the rim swaps, if I could offer another tidbit on that.

On changing your rims, you might want to go a step further in trying to match up the perspective.
Yeah I was thinking about that today but haven't tried it yet. Thanks for the additional tip. Anything else you want to share, I'm all ears. Actually its more like I'm all eyes i.e. reading.

Perhaps you should change your handle to TheProfessor.