Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

ACE & ADR rims on GS

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-03, 07:14 PM
daiwong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, i appreciate if you can find any negative things about ACE or ADR....so far i managed to find the following on the web....

The following are taken from Tirerack....

One of the parameter that determines quality is the Manufacturing Process....
"Manufacturing processes and levels of testing are critical to a wheel's structural integrity. (Read more in "Wheel Construction.") International quality standards such as ISO9001, QS9000, TUV of Germany or VIA of Japan, establish important production and quality standards that manufacturers must follow.

The following are taken from AUDI World User Review ....

17" Ace Lola wheels on 99 A4 1.8T
Finish Quality: The Lolas are finished in a Light Silver finish that I was VERY impressed with when I first saw it. The finish is slightly lighter than the stock wheels, and easily as nice (read: glossy and metallic). There were no imperfections on any of the rims I received.

Strength: When searching for an inexpensive wheel, one has to worry that they will be recieving a product which is of substandard quality (at least I was). Ace alloy wheels are TUV certified (a German quality control standard), so this erased any fears I had that the Lolas might not stand up to the roads in my area. In fact, the driving situation in my locale is abysmal (Halifax - East Coast, Canada - wide temp variances & tons of road and sea salt), so it is a perfect test site for structural integrity of the Lolas. Also, other Aw'ers (LarryV and Jasyn) have had experience with adverse conditions (an accident and San Fran streets, respectively) and the Lolas have fared quite well. I presently have about 5000 miles on my Lolas and have had no trouble thusfar (even though they've seen some nasty potholes).
Old 04-04-03, 10:56 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ace Lola's sounds like a good stuff...go for it..
Old 04-14-03, 04:32 AM
theomms
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know this post is old but ACE rims are knock offs. they copy cat **** from all over. hope it is not too late

18"+ rims are just not that cheap...unless they are knock-offs.