How do I remove this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-23, 05:07 PM
leakz
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I remove this?

Hello,

I ordered a replacement panel to replace this broken one by myself, even though I have no experience with this kind of things.

However, I'm not sure how to remove it and don't want to damage anything obviously.

Should I pull it towards me, or vertically? Or am I supposed to remove the plastic underneath first?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-03-23, 05:23 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,049 Posts

From what I could see from the parts diagram (SIDE MOULDING. 2022 Lexus RC 350 F Sport | Lexus Parts & Accessories Online) there are actually 2 nuts holding that piece in. You will have to remove the interior "triangle" trim that just pries off since it's held by clips, and then youll have to remove those two nuts. After that I speculate it'll likely come right off, UNLESS if there is 3M adhesive around the edge (confirm with the new piece). If there is, you will need to heat that area up with a heatgun or blow dryer and then use something like fishing line or really strong dental floss to get rid of the adhesive. I don't believe there is an 3M tape as there is no tape residue in your picture, so it should just be the two bolts.
The following users liked this post:
leakz (03-03-23)