RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

2015 Rc350 FSport VIN

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-24, 11:45 AM
Cherie23
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 Rc350 FSport VIN

I just had my 2015 RC350 FSport claimed as a total loss by My insurance company due to County not repairing a large section of road that collapsed I came over a bridge and around the corner and well the 14 inch drop pulled the car off and tried to get back on not knowing the issue, was like hitting a brick wall bent both Right side rims, blew both Brand new Michelin sports, and a lot more damage than the car is supposedly worth . And that’s not the worst of it . I filed a claim and got this ridiculously low payout amount so I asked the adjuster You do have the right car vin and It’s the 2015 RC 350 FSport? She said your car is not an FSport It’s a RC350 2door coupe with an FSport Package .. and I was like um nooo It’s an FSport . She said that they go by the vin and no it is not . So long story short If you have a 2015 RC350 F Sport you may want to ck and make sure it says it’s an FSport not FSport package cause it is not acknowledged as an FSport to your ins or anyone else you give the vin too , (which is why we all have had to do research or get the part number off or cars part to get the right parts I’ve had this problem since like 2 years after I bought the car off the floor at Lexus ) and will not be payedout as an FSport but as a RC350 Coupe.which changes the cars worth drastically. I’ve been dealing with this since 2-8-24 I have a claim open with corporate Lexus ,have a scheduled call tomorrow to see what can be done to fix this. I have been doing research getting comps taking pictures pictures of RC350 vs RC350 Fsport , to compare with my car to prove it is an FSport pretty much schooling my, it’s been a nightmare. They said if you still have your window sticker it may help my help . Well it says FSport by the paint colors and in the options and package section. And guess what else that doesn’t count . When you put in the VIN its supposedly gives all the options your car has etc .. Nope has all the options for the base RC350 2door coupe .no premium , luxury or FSport options nor does it give an option to add anything not the up graded 17 speaker stereo , leather stitched FSport seats upgraded headlights or anything extra , upgraded or packages . She said it must already be added in the base model . Which is not true ..I’m sick to my stomach , This car has been my Baby she was in excellent shape inside and out less one small indent in passenger door from some some jerky that hit it with his door ..Now she’s being totaled and dealing with a major screw up By Lexus . So I’ll let you know what happens but in the mean time I would double ck your vin and make sure it says FSport in the title of your car not the small print .. cause then you don’t have an FSport ..Hopefully if it doesn’t help me I can get this fixed so in the future no one has to go through this . Fingers crossed 🤞🏻
The following users liked this post:
CharlieRC (05-09-24)
Old 05-09-24, 06:55 PM
CharlieRC
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Wow! Interesting stuff. Let us know how I turns out.
Cherie23 (05-09-24)
Old 05-09-24, 10:56 PM
Gen2IS26
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking at my window sticker, it does not say F Sport in the description at the top. Down in the installed options, it indicates F Sport package. So I guess I never had an F Sport then. I had a 350 with the F Sport package, lol.
Old 05-10-24, 05:46 AM
CharlieRC
Intermediate

Sounds to me like adjuster is trying pull a fast one. Of course the FSport is a package. It cost several thousand more than the base RC. It’s not just a badging package as we all know as owners. It’s a different interior, suspension, steering, brakes, and other options as well. It’s not a dealer add on either. As far as a number or letter in the vin #, indicating that, I would think a Lexus dealer could clear that up.
Cherie23 (05-11-24)
Old 05-10-24, 02:01 PM
CharlieRC
Intermediate

Looking mine up on Lexus site, has mine listed with a Rioja Red interior from the factory. Kinda hard to have that without it being a true FSport being that interior doesn’t come on the base model. Plus, the FSport has eco, normal, sport, and sport+ modes. The base model has first 3 but not the sport+ mode. Only on an FSport.
Also, larger brakes, 19 inch wheels, different front grill with driving lights. These are not dealer installed options.

Last edited by CharlieRC; 05-11-24 at 04:13 AM.
Cherie23 (05-11-24)
Old 05-11-24, 07:33 AM
pencap75
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

F-sport vs F-sport package, its all semantics, its a still an RC350. There is nothing special about it. Its not like you have an RC-F.
Old 05-11-24, 09:08 AM
CharlieRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pencap75
F-sport vs F-sport package, its all semantics, its a still an RC350. There is nothing special about it. Its not like you have an RC-F.
Nothing special about an FSport RC? No, it’s not an RCF, but it’s far from the base RC, and a hell of a lot more money
The following 2 users liked this post by CharlieRC:
Cherie23 (05-11-24), Gen2IS26 (05-12-24)
Old 05-11-24, 02:48 PM
Cherie23
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CharlieRC
Looking mine up on Lexus site, has mine listed with a Rioja Red interior from the factory. Kinda hard to have that without it being a true FSport being that interior doesn’t come on the base model. Plus, the FSport has eco, normal, sport, and sport+ modes. The base model has first 3 but not the sport+ mode. Only on an FSport.
Also, larger brakes, 19 inch wheels, different front grill with driving lights. These are not dealer installed options.
Corprate Lexus was able to pull up my vin in there system, It doesn’t have FSport but it says FSE (F Sport Edition) ,next to the Vin .this does not come up anywhere else ,Lexus.com ,Imsurance ,DMV etc so they sent me a copy and I’ve sent it to my insurance. First time that haven’t sent me anything , guess they they’re not happy, But in the mean time Lexus has Acknowledge this is a problem and hopefully its something that gets resolved not just for me but others moving forward . I truly hope this helps if you make a claim with your ins . And if you have the. 2015 RC 350 FSport .. you have an FSport .. lol , Lexus did not do there homework when they assigned vins without the correct description how that would work out in the future , I’m still confused on how it hasn’t been caught before now, especially with always getting the wrongs parts .. I deal with that every time I order brakes and rotors ,or well pretty much anything for this car .