RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

RC350 F Sport RWD brake kit help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-24, 12:32 PM
karlovvemail
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC350 F Sport RWD brake kit help

Hi all. I’ll say in advance that I looked through many topics on the forum and could not find answers for myself. I recently became the owner of a Lexus RC350 F-Sport RWD 2020. With the onset of warmer weather, the squeaking in the brakes began to really bother me. I wanted to change them to PowerStop z26 or Stoptech. However, I found separate comments where they say that one hundred OEM f-sport pads brake better, but they are noisier, so that’s or no. Also, when I tried to find the oem fsport pads on the Lexus website, I couldn’t find the right oem number, because there are 4 of them.

Which of the pads in the screenshot are correct for my model?

So, does
  1. the original OEM brake really be the best?
  2. if you choose based on braking quality, it is better to use powerstop or stoptech
Old 07-13-24, 02:48 PM
Viperx
10th Gear

Stick to oem. Lexus is kinda picky with aftermarket parts... like really picky. I had ceramic brakes on and it squealed even after the shim tsb. OEM rotors and brakes (Akebonos or Advics)
My fronts are in need for a change so I'm going to go with TOMS

Old 07-13-24, 06:22 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,332 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Get the Akebono brake pads. Better than stock, and no noise. Some of the stock over the counter Lexus pads were actually Akebono, marked on the pads in the Lexus box. Google Akebono pads on Lexus. No noise.
Old 07-14-24, 12:24 AM
karlovvemail
6th Gear

Originally Posted by jgscott
Get the Akebono brake pads. Better than stock, and no noise. Some of the stock over the counter Lexus pads were actually Akebono, marked on the pads in the Lexus box. Google Akebono pads on Lexus. No noise.
is it better akebono asp or act is good too ? Now I have original textar t4146-ff
Old 07-14-24, 12:25 AM
karlovvemail
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Viperx
Stick to oem. Lexus is kinda picky with aftermarket parts... like really picky. I had ceramic brakes on and it squealed even after the shim tsb. OEM rotors and brakes (Akebonos or Advics)
My fronts are in need for a change so I'm going to go with TOMS
yea, but Lexus site suggest me 4 oem pads, from 185$ to 83😂
Old 07-14-24, 02:31 AM
Viperx
10th Gear

Mb was looking at the catalogue for my vehicle (15). still would choose advics or akebonos
Old 07-14-24, 10:06 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by karlovvemail
is it better akebono asp or act is good too ? Now I have original textar t4146-ff
The ACT is Street, the ASP is street/performance. ACT Ceramic no dust. ASP Street/performance some dust. But.... hang on.

Does the RC350 F Sport have the bigger 14" rotor vs non F 13"? If it has the 14" there is a new pad by Advics from Lexus with a updated shim kit. At least the GS350 F Sport has this. Does the RC350 have noise problems with the F Sport brakes like the GS350 F Sport has? I missed that you have a F Sport model.

Advics Brand (NEW NO SQUEAL Pads per TSB) Front Brake Pads P/N: 04465-30540. This is the GS350 newest Lexus updated pad for F Sport no squeal with the Anti squeal shim kit = Front Shim Kit P/N: 04945-30340. I thought the GS350 and RC350 F Sport and Non F Sport have the same exact brakes, but idk for sure? If not, find the newest No squeal Advics pad part # from Lexus to use.

Here is why I backed off on the Akebono's for the F Sport model. We just clarified something confusing that lots did not know. The Pads Lexus are bigger for the F Sport bigger Rotors on the GS350. But..... the aftermarket sell the same smaller pads for the smaller rotors for both F and Non F's. It will work, but will not contact the whole 14" Rotor.

Read this:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rt-vs-awd.html
Old 07-14-24, 10:24 AM
karlovvemail
6th Gear

The ACT is Street, the ASP is street/performance. ACT Ceramic no dust. ASP Street/performance some dust. But.... hang on.

Does the RC350 F Sport have the bigger 14" rotor vs non F 13"? If it has the 14" there is a new pad by Advics from Lexus with a updated shim kit. At least the GS350 F Sport has this. Does the RC350 have noise problems with the F Sport brakes like the GS350 F Sport has? I missed that you have a F Sport model.

Advics Brand (NEW NO SQUEAL Pads per TSB) Front Brake Pads P/N: 04465-30540. This is the GS350 newest Lexus updated pad for F Sport no squeal with the Anti squeal shim kit = Front Shim Kit P/N: 04945-30340. I thought the GS350 and RC350 F Sport and Non F Sport have the same exact brakes, but idk for sure? If not, find the newest No squeal Advics pad part # from Lexus to use.

Here is why I backed off on the Akebono's for the F Sport model. We just clarified something confusing that lots did not know. The Pads Lexus are bigger for the F Sport bigger Rotors on the GS350. But..... the aftermarket sell the same smaller pads for the smaller rotors for both F and Non F's. It will work, but will not contact the whole 14" Rotor.

Read this:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rt-vs-awd.html
Thank you for such a detailed answer, yes, I have an F-Sport kit with 14’’ rotors. I really didn’t know that it was possible to use pads from gs so I’ll look for it

Old 07-14-24, 10:52 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by karlovvemail
Thank you for such a detailed answer, yes, I have an F-Sport kit with 14’’ rotors. I really didn’t know that it was possible to use pads from gs so I’ll look for it
Wait ..again, I said I thought they were the same but I am not really sure?

I would look up the parts or call Lexus and ask to be sure. They may or may not be the same>? Make sure you ask for the newest UPDATED Advics Brand (NEW NO SQUEAL Pads per TSB), for the RC350 F Sport.

Now just to clarify. The NON F Pads like Akebono and others will fit the 14" F Sport Rotors fine. It's just you won't have full contact of pads to Rotor with the smaller pads. The difference is in height of the Pads material inside. The Factory F Sport Pads are 59mm tall. The aftermarkets are only 54mm - 55mm tall. At least on the GS350 different model they are.

Last edited by jgscott; 07-14-24 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-14-24, 11:25 AM
karlovvemail
6th Gear

Wait ..again, I said I thought they were the same but I am not really sure?

I would look up the parts or call Lexus and ask to be sure. They may or may not be the same>? Make sure you ask for the newest UPDATED Advics Brand (NEW NO SQUEAL Pads per TSB), for the RC350 F Sport.

Now just to clarify. The NON F Pads like Akebono and others will fit the 14" F Sport Rotors fine. It's just you won't have full contact of pads to Rotor with the smaller pads. The difference is in height of the Pads material inside. The Factory F Sport Pads are 59mm tall. The aftermarkets are only 54mm - 55mm tall. At least on the GS350 different model they are.

oh, I understood you, the only problem is that I’m from Ukraine, and our dealer, when I talked to him, said that they are not support the rc350 f sport catalogue, that is, they will not import them to Ukraine, and accordingly they they don’t service this model, I brought my car from the USA to Ukraine, and accordingly it is more necessary to service it with parts that I order myself, since the dealer does not support my car
Old 07-15-24, 07:35 AM
karlovvemail
6th Gear

Now OEM pads are textar,

And all stores and dealers offer textar as OEM