RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

RC 350 F Sport RWD Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-15, 02:16 PM
njlexusguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC 350 F Sport RWD Tires

I purchased an RC 350 F Sport with RWD. I have not seen a RWD version here in the north east and was wondering if anyone has a RWD version F Sport. I found some documentation on what brands they put on, Michelin, Dunlop and Bridgestone.
If you have a RWD RC 350 F Sport, what brand of tires did Lexus put on yours?
Are you happy with the performance?
I should be receiving my RC first week of March I have been told and am looking forward to some spring driving.
Old 01-20-15, 05:37 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are getting summer tires on your car and I think you are, the first tires you should buy are some all season or snows living in the Northeast. There are a couple of threads about how bad summer tires are in temps below 40 degrees, you should read them. I believe some of the guys that bought RCF's bought snows or all season first thing.

Originally Posted by njlexusguy
I purchased an RC 350 F Sport with RWD. I have not seen a RWD version here in the north east and was wondering if anyone has a RWD version F Sport. I found some documentation on what brands they put on, Michelin, Dunlop and Bridgestone.
If you have a RWD RC 350 F Sport, what brand of tires did Lexus put on yours?
Are you happy with the performance?
I should be receiving my RC first week of March I have been told and am looking forward to some spring driving.
Old 01-20-15, 07:05 PM
njlexusguy
Driver School Candidate

Hello Toyotatom, My RC 350 F Sport will ONLY be a spring - fall car. It will never see snow. I have a 2006 Avalon limited which is my daily driver. I was just interested in seeing what Lexus was putting on the RWD version and how the performance was.
Thanks for the suggestion about Snow tires, BUT as a RWD here in the NE. NO way will it see snow.
Old 01-20-15, 07:45 PM
keithkva
Driver School Candidate

my RWD came with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires. I haven't tried to push the tires to the limit yet, but they seem to perform pretty well for me.
Old 01-21-15, 05:47 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Your good to go then, did you order the car or did the dealer get in a RWD RC. Im thinking of getting a RWD one in CT when my lease is up and I was told it will have to be ordered.

Hello Toyotatom, My RC 350 F Sport will ONLY be a spring - fall car. It will never see snow. I have a 2006 Avalon limited which is my daily driver. I was just interested in seeing what Lexus was putting on the RWD version and how the performance was.
Thanks for the suggestion about Snow tires, BUT as a RWD here in the NE. NO way will it see snow.
Old 01-21-15, 06:50 AM
njlexusguy
Driver School Candidate

I ordered my RC. I went to several dealers and they all would order one. Some were more accommodating than others.
Old 01-21-15, 04:05 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Thanks for the info

I ordered my RC. I went to several dealers and they all would order one. Some were more accommodating than others.
Old 01-22-15, 08:00 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Take it from someone who has driven on summer tires in cold, DRY conditions below 35 degrees, it is dangerous. Below 30 is like being on an ice skating rink.

So even though your RC will only be a good weather driver, just keep in mind that if you have summer tires, and take it out on a dry cold day just be aware that the tires are going to get as hard as hockey pucks and you will have limited traction..

I would barely touch the gas and the rear would kick out..That is why I switched last year to A/S 3's on my V so I can drive it safely (weather permitting) in the cold..As with your RC my V will not see snow.
Old 01-22-15, 03:31 PM
MelF1fan
Driver

Snow tires are Must for RWD. I had a couple of 3 series and only finally got snows on the last one.

It's the best investment i've made for the car by far. It's scary as hell driving down the turnpike or Parkway with anything but snow tires. I remember there was a jeep also RWD driving next to me in the snow and it snapped and did a 180 in the middle lane.

I've gone with both Bridgestone Blizzaks and then Dunlop Wintersport M3 i think they were. Both worked extremely well. One thing if you can do is to have a square setup. Thinner (not wide) tires in the back will help with traction alot.

My G37 coupe which is AWD does very well but I notice a big difference in grip especially while stopping.