RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

DIY: Setting the auto blinker

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-15, 05:10 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Just watch...like in my 2013 GS350, the next model year will have the power folding mirrors as standard. For some reason, Lexus seems to omit this simple feature on their first model year cars...maybe too many complaints and suggestions to add it in surveys
Old 05-13-15, 06:02 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Just watch...like in my 2013 GS350, the next model year will have the power folding mirrors as standard. For some reason, Lexus seems to omit this simple feature on their first model year cars...maybe too many complaints and suggestions to add it in surveys
That's what I'm afraid of, and the wife will say why didn't you wait as you know they always add stuff to the next model year.

I also wish the car had rain sensing windshield wipers. Even my Camaro had those.
Old 05-13-15, 08:27 AM
Shaummy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GearHead69
That's what I'm afraid of, and the wife will say why didn't you wait as you know they always add stuff to the next model year.

I also wish the car had rain sensing windshield wipers. Even my Camaro had those.
I thought I saw in the manual somewhere that it has a rain sensing mode for the wipers? Only had my car a week so I don't know for sure... Does it really not have this feature?
Old 05-13-15, 01:12 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shaummy
I thought I saw in the manual somewhere that it has a rain sensing mode for the wipers? Only had my car a week so I don't know for sure... Does it really not have this feature?
Nope. It's on page 217 of the owners manual and nothing about rain sensing.

Who would have thunk that a $30K Chevy has an option that a $53K Lexus doesn't. Wait I had 3 options the Lexus doesn't have: Touch Screen, Heads Up Display, and rain sensing wipers.

I do, however, like the Lexus a lot more, and knew what I was giving up and what I was gaining in return.
Old 05-13-15, 02:24 PM
tfischer

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

Rain sensing wipers are available on the RC350; I have them on my car. My window sticker shows them as a part of the "Luxury Package." My recollection is that the "auto" feature is activated by pressing the button on the end of the wiper control stalk. That puts a message in the little panel between the spedo and the tach and a green button on the stalk lights up next to the little sliding control that sets the sensitivity. Since this is clearly an option, your vehicle may not have this feature installed.
Old 05-13-15, 03:09 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by tfischer
Rain sensing wipers are available on the RC350; I have them on my car. My window sticker shows them as a part of the "Luxury Package." My recollection is that the "auto" feature is activated by pressing the button on the end of the wiper control stalk. That puts a message in the little panel between the spedo and the tach and a green button on the stalk lights up next to the little sliding control that sets the sensitivity. Since this is clearly an option, your vehicle may not have this feature installed.
You are correct as I don't have the Luxury Package. I bought the car off the showroom floor and even though I wanted it I wasn't willing to wait for a custom order.

So what we should then say is if your car has the Luxury Package then you have Auto Sensing wipers, and if not then not. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 05-13-15, 10:51 PM
RoninAMG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Worked like a charm. Just make sure to read the instructions very carefully. Although many say 8 seconds between steps, I did 10 seconds and it worked just fine. I'm glad someone posted this thread because I couldn't stand the 3 blinks for the lane change. Thanks...
Old 05-14-15, 06:12 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by RoninAMG
Worked like a charm. Just make sure to read the instructions very carefully. Although many say 8 seconds between steps, I did 10 seconds and it worked just fine. I'm glad someone posted this thread because I couldn't stand the 3 blinks for the lane change. Thanks...
I'm glad it was helpful to you.
Old 07-22-16, 01:28 PM
ozsplace
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get to the step where you let the wiper **** go and I get the single right turn signal blinking once - but whenever I go down on the wiper on the next step I never get the left turn signal indicator - am I doing something wrong?
Old 09-13-19, 03:01 PM
vdeleonjr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Yey! Got it on my 2nd try...lol
Old 09-16-19, 06:45 AM
sideswipe
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ozsplace
I get to the step where you let the wiper **** go and I get the single right turn signal blinking once - but whenever I go down on the wiper on the next step I never get the left turn signal indicator - am I doing something wrong?
I think you use the turn signal lever on the next step...
Old 07-13-20, 09:57 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default No Go

Been sitting here in VA Parking Lot and unsuccessfully tried this about 5 times (the actual setting I wanted) and it just will not give me that Blinking Directional. Read it over 6 times and just cant get it to work!!

If I had only ONE thing I didn't like about this car it would definitely be Non Electronic Mirrors like this ES has.. Id love the Auto Hold Electronic Brake that comes in newer Models. Though the ES is my wife's it doesn't bother her since she doesn't trust it.