RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Pics of your RC NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-23, 04:30 AM
DonElios
3rd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The following 3 users liked this post by DonElios:
335to350 (06-19-23), blackbond (06-17-23), SPACADT (06-17-23)
Old 06-17-23, 06:40 AM
SPACADT
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DonElios
that color is 🔥. Let’s see it under sunlight.
The following users liked this post:
DonElios (06-17-23)
Old 06-17-23, 07:23 AM
DonElios
3rd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPACADT
that color is 🔥. Let’s see it under sunlight.
Thank man. Will get another shot off of soon!
Old 06-19-23, 01:50 AM
335to350
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbond
no problem! Did you have your headlamps tinted? If so, what’s the visibility/output like at night (especially in the rain etc)?
Yea, I did a medium smoked vinyl on headlights, fogs and tails. I did it because I love the overall look, but it also protects the lights from rocks and debris. It definitely reduces light output and range, but modern cars have lights that are just friggin bright for no reason, so I feel I had some room to play with it. I can still see just fine at night and in the rain.

ditto was thinking about tinting the front and rear to tone down all that chrome inside
Definitely black out all chrome crap haha. I can't stand any chrome, especially throughout the exterior. I had my grille trim and window trim wrapped in satin black and painted my badges satin black. Roof and trunk spoiler are wrapped in CF vinyl.

Last edited by 335to350; 06-19-23 at 01:53 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 335to350:
blackbond (06-19-23), SPACADT (06-19-23)
Old 06-19-23, 05:49 AM
blackbond
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 335to350
Yea, I did a medium smoked vinyl on headlights, fogs and tails. I did it because I love the overall look, but it also protects the lights from rocks and debris. It definitely reduces light output and range, but modern cars have lights that are just friggin bright for no reason, so I feel I had some room to play with it. I can still see just fine at night and in the rain.

Definitely black out all chrome crap haha. I can't stand any chrome, especially throughout the exterior. I had my grille trim and window trim wrapped in satin black and painted my badges satin black. Roof and trunk spoiler are wrapped in CF vinyl.
thank you!
335to350 (06-21-23)
Old 06-19-23, 10:27 AM
SPACADT
Driver

Nice. I’ll definitely tint my lamps, but prefer a light smoke. I have the window trim and grille wrapped in satin black too. I want to switch it to gloss black though. The paint is caviar, so gloss black really adds some nice detail and shows off how the car isn’t a jet black.
Old 06-21-23, 12:30 AM
335to350
10th Gear

Nice. I’ll definitely tint my lamps, but prefer a light smoke. I have the window trim and grille wrapped in satin black too. I want to switch it to gloss black though. The paint is caviar, so gloss black really adds some nice detail and shows off how the car isn’t a jet black.
Try out just one light with the light smoke and see how you like it before doing the rest. It just looks dirty, imo, but everyone has different tastes.

Oohh I love caviar!! I was considering getting mine in caviar/red interior, but Infrared was calling me haha. It's the perfect red. There aren't a ton of RCs in San Diego (one thing I LOVE about having mine), and I don't think I've seen any in caviar. Mostly silver, white and a couple of Infrared.
Old 06-21-23, 06:17 AM
SPACADT
Driver

Try out just one light with the light smoke and see how you like it before doing the rest. It just looks dirty, imo, but everyone has different tastes.

Oohh I love caviar!! I was considering getting mine in caviar/red interior, but Infrared was calling me haha. It's the perfect red. There aren't a ton of RCs in San Diego (one thing I LOVE about having mine), and I don't think I've seen any in caviar. Mostly silver, white and a couple of Infrared.
Im not a big fan of red cars but I’d definitely own one in Infrared. Such a beautiful color. I’ve literally only seen a handful of RCs, white, silver, and one infrared. I agree having a unique car is dope af.
Old 06-26-23, 01:44 AM
335to350
10th Gear

Im not a big fan of red cars but I’d definitely own one in Infrared. Such a beautiful color. I’ve literally only seen a handful of RCs, white, silver, and one infrared. I agree having a unique car is dope af.
Let me tell ya, if you're an attention ***** braggadocio, definitely go for Infrared! 🤣 This thing attracts way too much attention and people always ask me about the color. I still can't believe I've only been pulled over once in over 3 years of having it, though!

Just swapped to RSR down springs and I honestly can't tell the difference aesthetically because there was such a massive gap before. I think my Mechanic just kept her all day and charged a ton for spring install without the springs haha. I'll do a quick photoshoot once they settle and she's detailed. Handling feels hella better! Recovery from cornering is so much better and ride quality feels like stock in sport+. I don't use the other modes so I can't really compare those.
Old 06-26-23, 06:53 PM
SPACADT
Driver

Let me tell ya, if you're an attention ***** braggadocio, definitely go for Infrared! 🤣 This thing attracts way too much attention and people always ask me about the color. I still can't believe I've only been pulled over once in over 3 years of having it, though!

Just swapped to RSR down springs and I honestly can't tell the difference aesthetically because there was such a massive gap before. I think my Mechanic just kept her all day and charged a ton for spring install without the springs haha. I'll do a quick photoshoot once they settle and she's detailed. Handling feels hella better! Recovery from cornering is so much better and ride quality feels like stock in sport+. I don't use the other modes so I can't really compare those.
The Downs are just a tad bit more aggressive than the F-sport springs if I remember correctly. The Superdowns are too low for me though. Driving to work is like an obstacle course with all the potholes and warped asphalt. Would hate to bottom out. I want that raked look though without getting too ambitious.
Old 07-25-23, 08:49 AM
cremaley
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

My 2023 RC350 F Sport in Incognito/Black.

SPACADT (08-06-23)
Old 07-27-23, 05:49 PM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Did a full detail including ceramic coating and had the windows tinted.
SPACADT (08-06-23)
Old 08-06-23, 04:45 PM
SPACADT
Driver

Nice Sunday for pics.

Last edited by SPACADT; 08-06-23 at 05:53 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SPACADT:
blackbond (08-06-23), SourGrass (08-07-23)
Old 08-08-23, 04:47 PM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice Sunday for pics.

love that car. I only wish I could find a front spoiler for a 2023 that is similar to the one on your car.
The following 2 users liked this post by PeteinPA:
blackbond (08-08-23), SPACADT (08-09-23)
Old 08-08-23, 05:48 PM
SPACADT
Driver

Originally Posted by PeteinPA
love that car. I only wish I could find a front spoiler for a 2023 that is similar to the one on your car.
thanks man. Yeah I really wanted a lip kit without the flares/fins, but something flat the whole way. Wanted to accentuate the lines of the car. No disrespect to anyone who has those kinds of kits. Just not for me. I absolutely love the front clip on the facelifted models though.

Quick Reply: Pics of your RC NOW!