RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Pics of your RC NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-23, 11:04 AM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SPACADT
thanks man. Yeah I really wanted a lip kit without the flares/fins, but something flat the whole way. Wanted to accentuate the lines of the car. No disrespect to anyone who has those kinds of kits. Just not for me. I absolutely love the front clip on the facelifted models though.
I agree. However very few options for the facelift model. I was hoping to go with a subtle kit to get the effect of the car being lower w/o actually lowering it.
I have the NIA rear spoiler which I do like. I like their side skits also. Just cannot commit to the front spoiler as it is just a little to chunky for me.
i happened to spot an RC-F this morning. Although just passing by but I did notice a smallish wing on the front splitter, car was Infrared looked great.
Old 08-09-23, 11:53 AM
SPACADT
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteinPA
I agree. However very few options for the facelift model. I was hoping to go with a subtle kit to get the effect of the car being lower w/o actually lowering it.
I have the NIA rear spoiler which I do like. I like their side skits also. Just cannot commit to the front spoiler as it is just a little to chunky for me.
i happened to spot an RC-F this morning. Although just passing by but I did notice a smallish wing on the front splitter, car was Infrared looked great.
if you’re so inclined, customize one. I’ve seen people split the front spoiler into two pieces. The gap left in the middle looked really aggressive.
Old 08-09-23, 12:40 PM
Giangsturh
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

if you’re so inclined, customize one. I’ve seen people split the front spoiler into two pieces. The gap left in the middle looked really aggressive.
I did a 2 piece one for example

Old 08-09-23, 01:15 PM
SPACADT
Driver

Originally Posted by Giangsturh
I did a 2 piece one for example

yeah this is also a nice option. What I pictured is a full length lip with a section cut out the middle.
Old 08-09-23, 02:03 PM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Thanks guys. Don’t think I have the skills/intestinal fortitude to cut one up. I am however starting to lean toward the TRD version. It is not quite as bulky as others. Now just chasing the best price.
Old 08-09-23, 02:20 PM
SPACADT
Driver

Thanks guys. Don’t think I have the skills/intestinal fortitude to cut one up. I am however starting to lean toward the TRD version. It is not quite as bulky as others. Now just chasing the best price.
nothing beats OEM.
Old 08-09-23, 02:52 PM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

nothing beats OEM.
yea I agree. But I can get both the lip and side skirts from NIA for about the same price and probably get it sooner. Oh well first world problems.
Old 08-09-23, 03:16 PM
cremaley
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

To my RC350 F Sport in Incognito/Black Onyx I added Sport Decals to both doors and Gloss Black spoiler. The exterior is now completed so I will move on to performance upgrades.

The following 2 users liked this post by cremaley:
PeteinPA (08-09-23), SPACADT (08-09-23)
Old 08-13-23, 09:06 AM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Default NIA deck lid spoiler

Installed the NIA spoiler.

Old 08-13-23, 09:50 AM
cremaley
Pit Crew

Installed the NIA spoiler.

That looks really nice. Did you have to drill holes in the truck lid to install?
Old 08-13-23, 10:18 AM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Thank you and no. It is just taped on. They supplied the tape for quick easy install. I have had tape on spoilers on my BMW’s always held just fine. My
Old 08-13-23, 10:42 AM
cremaley
Pit Crew

Thank you and no. It is just taped on. They supplied the tape for quick easy install. I have had tape on spoilers on my BMW’s always held just fine. My
Mine is the OEM spoiler and the dealer would not install it without drilling holes in the trunk lid and installing heavy duty springs. They wanted $400 to do it but I negotiated them down to $300. They told me they put silicone around the holes to prevent any water leaks. Took about 3 1/2 hours.
Old 08-13-23, 11:33 AM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

My dealer refused to install the OEM spoiler. Said they had too many issues. I am sure yours will be fine.
I may go with the NIA front spoiler and side skirts to complete the look. Either that or the TRD front spoiler. Both are about the same $. Just procrastinating on the final decision.
Old 08-13-23, 05:24 PM
cremaley
Pit Crew

My dealer refused to install the OEM spoiler. Said they had too many issues. I am sure yours will be fine.
I may go with the NIA front spoiler and side skirts to complete the look. Either that or the TRD front spoiler. Both are about the same $. Just procrastinating on the final decision.
Can't wait to see what ever you wind up doing.
Old 08-27-23, 02:08 PM
SPACADT
Driver

The following users liked this post:
PeteinPA (08-27-23)

Quick Reply: Pics of your RC NOW!