RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

RC350 aftermarket exhaust thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-22 | 11:27 AM
blackbond
Driver

I don’t care about possible power loss.. the car is already slow. I just want this thing to wake up (sound-wise). It’s far too beautiful of a car to not sound the way it looks. Show > Go (in this car). I love power and speed but these cars are super heavy. My biggest complaint isn’t even the lack of power, it’s that the gas mileage is not that great. 💁‍♂️🤷‍♂️ for it to be a grand tourer.
Old 02-20-23 | 12:47 PM
Shipra
10th Gear

Default Muffler delete

Originally Posted by PirelliRC
I was at the muffler shop today trying to do a muffler delete and they told me i cannot keep the stock tips, that it is welded to the muffler. Is this true ? I like the stock tips :/
Definitely not true! I have a muffler delete on mine with the stock tips! Just make sure to take it to an exhaust shop with good reviews who know what they're doing. The one I went to is called RPM Exhaust in Arlington, TX and I could tell that they knew what they were doing especially when it came to mounting the exhaust because they used their own mounts and they are def good quality!
Old 02-20-23 | 12:49 PM
Shipra
10th Gear

I'm positive that a muffler delete won't void the warranty because the main job of the muffler is to muffle the sound, it doesn't have an effect on how the car runs nor does it mess with any sensors.
Old 02-20-23 | 01:03 PM
Shipra
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ekimhey
hi guys~

I kno this thread if for RC350 but i can't seemed to find any muffler delete on RC200T. im still deciding if i should go w/ the muffler delete route or just get an a/m exhaust.

any thing would help!

thanx!!
Hella later, but there should be videos on muffler delete videos online but I'd say the RC200t benefits from an intake much more than an exhaust since it's turbocharged.
Old 02-20-23 | 01:12 PM
Shipra
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jowsleyyy
Anyone have any good axel back options for the 350? I am looking into getting one but unsure what brands there are
My personal favorite axel-back for the RC350 would be the remark axel-back which is basically a muffler delete setup. You can also get a cheaper version on eBay if you just search up rc350 muffler delete axel-back. Since it's an axel-back you're going for I wouldn't recommend spending too much money because you get zero power increments, just sound. I got a muffler delete on mine and I love it! But don't go for the other axel-back unless you absolutely want your car to sound exactly like that because 400+ for an axel-back is way too much.
Old 02-20-23 | 03:04 PM
Fithamoto
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Shipra
My personal favorite axel-back for the RC350 would be the remark axel-back which is basically a muffler delete setup. You can also get a cheaper version on eBay if you just search up rc350 muffler delete axel-back. Since it's an axel-back you're going for I wouldn't recommend spending too much money because you get zero power increments, just sound. I got a muffler delete on mine and I love it! But don't go for the other axel-back unless you absolutely want your car to sound exactly like that because 400+ for an axel-back is way too much.
I have done the Remark muffler delete and I love it. I have the burnt Double walled Blue tips...and I think they look great and sounds great!

The following users liked this post:
Shipra (12-06-23)
Old 02-21-23 | 06:27 AM
blackbond
Driver

I bought an ebay brand axle back for my RC350 from "ExtremeOnlineStore" . This exhaust is beautiful. Fitment is great. Amazing quality. SUPER affordable. I mean this thing cost me like $212 after taxes. Here are some photos and a video i created.

and youtube video:
The following users liked this post:
TheHummus (05-02-24)
Old 05-28-24 | 07:40 AM
jimmykcmh
1st Gear

Responding to post #34 by @Radical350 regarding replacing the stock muffler with a Magnaflow muffler. I know this is an almost 9 year old post by now. I'm thinking about doing this. Is that 2.5" Magnaflow part #11366 Magnaflow Part a simple in-line job for my muffler shop? If I'm buying the muffler can I expect them to have anything else they'll need?

Last edited by jimmykcmh; 05-28-24 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Quick Reply didn't reference the postt I was referring to...
Old 05-30-24 | 04:05 PM
McGuirk
10th Gear

HUH! Very nice and informative.

I figured that doing as FULL muffler delete would make the car TOO loud and have TOO much interior drone. BUT you're video proves otherwise.

I did mid-cats delete + replaced stock mufflers with custom ones with dual tips and yours sound almost exactly the same as my current setup.
Old 05-31-24 | 01:00 PM
blackbond
Driver

Originally Posted by McGuirk
HUH! Very nice and informative.

I figured that doing as FULL muffler delete would make the car TOO loud and have TOO much interior drone. BUT you're video proves otherwise.

I did mid-cats delete + replaced stock mufflers with custom ones with dual tips and yours sound almost exactly the same as my current setup.
** UPDATE: I honestly cant stand the drone now. I felt like it didnt bother me at all before because prior to installation, the car was so damn quiet, but now it's driving me nuts. I got quoted $1200 before tax for installing a valtronics electronic valve kit from a local exhaust shop but i cant afford to do that anytime soon.... put it this way; when I want it loud, the sound is great! But 80% of the time, I just want it to be somewhat quiet. Especially when theres someone in the car with me and we're trying to converse (no that is not a euphemism]
Old 08-26-24 | 07:44 AM
snook789
7th Gear

Default Axel Back with no mufflers and quad tips

Tried to get a local muffler shop that I have been using forever to remove the mufflers and they wouldn’t 😕
Which brand do you guys recommend for an axle back, without mufflers with quad tips?

thanks in advance
Old 08-27-24 | 08:04 AM
snook789
7th Gear

Originally Posted by snook789
Tried to get a local muffler shop that I have been using forever to remove the mufflers and they wouldn’t 😕
Which brand do you guys recommend for an axle back, without mufflers with quad tips?

thanks in advance
Found a shop that will remove the mufflers! Just going this route...