RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Ventilated Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-17, 04:51 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

Are there filters? i know infiniti vented seats have e for the M37. just wondering if these do too...
Old 07-17-17, 06:00 PM
tfischer

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Are you looking for a filter for the air that is blown onto your butt, or something to filter the wind blown out of your butt?
Old 08-29-17, 09:45 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

Guys, any fix for this yet? My new 17 RC is having the same problem too, that small shoulder blade area is hot on both sides. But this morning that same area is blowing cold air like the rest of them.

I also tested the heated function and it's working properly. What's going on with this? Never had this problem with my old GS.
Old 08-29-17, 04:36 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I've also been experiencing this phenomena with my seat. Hot shoulders! Does anyone have an infrared camera? Getting some images of the heat distribution would go along way when bringing this issue to the dealer.
Old 08-30-17, 10:24 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

What's weird is it works fine in the morning (rather cold), no hotspot, every section blows cold air. But in a hot afternoon, that one small shoulder section is heating up real bad while others are cool to the touch.
Old 08-30-17, 09:37 PM
snoflewis
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im starting to wonder if the seat itself absorbs a lot of heat, and if turning the seat ventilation on just exhausts the hot air trapped within the seat.
Old 08-31-17, 09:09 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by snoflewis
im starting to wonder if the seat itself absorbs a lot of heat, and if turning the seat ventilation on just exhausts the hot air trapped within the seat.
That was my hypothesis too...it seems like only the IS and RC are experiencing this ventilation issue and they share the same seat design. I'm assuming Lexus uses the same parts supplier for the fans, so there may be an issue with the seat design/shape.
Old 08-31-17, 09:29 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

The hot air is just piling up in that one spot, is that even possible?

I tested it again this morning and all spots were blowing cold air like it should be.
Old 08-31-17, 08:46 PM
8901alex
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here in Los Angeles today it was 97 on my way home I also put the vent on my seat it was feeling like the heater on the seat was on I turn it off and it got better but it was very uncomfortable not sure if the switch is turning the heater seat instead.....
Old 08-31-17, 10:00 PM
snoflewis
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 8901alex
Here in Los Angeles today it was 97 on my way home I also put the vent on my seat it was feeling like the heater on the seat was on I turn it off and it got better but it was very uncomfortable not sure if the switch is turning the heater seat instead.....
i think today may be an exception. it was incredibly humid on top of that...my AC took a bitto get going, and my car doesnt even have 5k miles on it
Old 09-01-17, 11:43 AM
RCMike
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the same issue with my '16. The vented seat blows out hot air in the shoulder blade area only when the car is hot. When the car is cooled and everywhere in the seat is blowing out cool air, the shoulder blade area is still hot. I asked the SA to take a look at it during my 6 month check up. However, I took it in during the morning and the car wasn't hot so the seat didn't get hot. He told me the air coming out of the seats is not cooled but just cabin temperature air. And he said there is nothing wrong with it. $50K+ car and I couldn't even use the seat cooler when I really need it. What a shame.
Old 06-14-18, 11:13 AM
permster
Driver School Candidate

Took my 16 RC350 in for this just the other day. In my case I can have the cabin freezing from AC blasting and seats cold to touch. Once I flip on the ventilator the middle back of the seat starts getting warmer and stays that way. The tech was able to reproduce the issue and took infrared readings and confirmed it. He opened a case with the engineers. Worked with the engineers some and tested against the same year and model. They reproduced the issue on two other vehicles but in the end they were not able to fix it. Basically since the other two vehicles did it also they said it was likely a design flaw and no immediate fix is available. Even though they didn't fix it I would suggest anyone with this problem take it in and get added to the case at the very least. The more reports they see the more likely they are to fix it.
The following users liked this post:
LRCSALES (06-16-18)
Old 06-16-18, 07:18 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

ill throw my hat in the the ring here I have a 2015 RCF and if its super hot outside and the ambient interior of the car is also hot my back NEVER Cools off usually gets hotter and I can put my hand on it and it is even hot to the touch. Now if the car is cool like sitting in my garage over night the cooled seat function works well. Its Clearly an Issue and I work for Lexus.
Old 06-23-18, 06:57 AM
Syan48306
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this was touched upon a handful of pages back but the ventilated seats aren't "cooled" seats, they're "ventilated". It's just circulation of air from the cabin into the seat and not air conditioned air. Meaning, if the air temperature in the cabin is super hot, it'll circulate super hot air into the seat. That's why the ventilated seats work great in the evening because the air in the cabin has cooled off sufficiently it feels good.

I remember other Lexus cooled seats such as in the RX where the seat actually gets chilly. My guess is those cars actually have the AC duct feeding the seats.
Old 07-19-18, 09:24 AM
BluMonkey
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The "Warm" back scenario happens to me whenever I get off work recently. Hot weather with the sun beating on it for most of the day causes the warm air. Whenever it is a cool day, the air is fine. Though what irritates me is the fact that the bottom section fan for your bottom is fine as it never gets warm even with the hot weather. This is definitely a poor design on Lexus part since only the back gets warm and build up hot air.

I want to bring it to a Lexus dealer, but from this thread, it seems like Lexus is putting on a blindfold and ignoring that there is a major problem with these seats!

Quick Reply: Ventilated Seat