RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Lexus RC350 Power Manager (RoadRace Motorsports)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-15, 02:34 PM
Chameech21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus RC350 Power Manager (RoadRace Motorsports)

Does anyone have any experience with the Road Race Power Manager? -
Let me know what you think..

Found in the RC350 Section.

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...oducts_id=2220
Old 08-06-15, 03:19 PM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

Originally Posted by Chameech21
Does anyone have any experience with the Road Race Power Manager? -
Let me know what you think..

Found in the RC350 Section.

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...oducts_id=2220
Do you have a specific question about the product? I can help you out here or in a PM.
Old 08-06-15, 04:09 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Doesn't look much different than a Blitz or Apexi Throttle Controller. There appears to be no dyno results so probably a 'butt dyno'.
Old 08-11-15, 02:35 PM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

It is a piggy back ecu that works with by modifying the the CANBUS signals in the car to deliver a better fuel/air ratio to improve power. We stay within the ECU so you will never get a CEL or limp mode but get the ECU to deliver at the top of its power band and open up HP that is otherwise reserved in the stock car. Most cars makes allow for a vehicle to increase power on demand in a given situation, such as a steep hill or special "Sport" mode. We have found a way to have the ECU deliver this power full time without resorting to tricking the throttle to WOT.

The box can be tuned and we have software to do it, but suggest it is done by someone experienced while on a dyno.
Old 08-11-15, 07:48 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Race Motorsports
It is a piggy back ecu that works with by modifying the the CANBUS signals in the car to deliver a better fuel/air ratio to improve power. We stay within the ECU so you will never get a CEL or limp mode but get the ECU to deliver at the top of its power band and open up HP that is otherwise reserved in the stock car. Most cars makes allow for a vehicle to increase power on demand in a given situation, such as a steep hill or special "Sport" mode. We have found a way to have the ECU deliver this power full time without resorting to tricking the throttle to WOT.

The box can be tuned and we have software to do it, but suggest it is done by someone experienced while on a dyno.
Please share your dyno results from the RC350 testing and development. Any comparative data, and or videos, of before, and after? Interested in learning more.
Thanks
Old 08-12-15, 12:37 AM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

Originally Posted by Radical350
Please share your dyno results from the RC350 testing and development. Any comparative data, and or videos, of before, and after? Interested in learning more.
Thanks
Our methods and system are proprietary so we don't video as we dyno, the work is done in partnership with a world class company at their site. Road Race Motorsports works with some of the best companies in the business and OEM's to deliver the best performance possible, unfortunately it means not every we do can be shared.

As for dyno's, I love to show that we have customers proving us right. Sure it is not the numbers we would like to see on the car, but any number of factors make our car turn out more HP. If you want to see what a current Power Manager owner has to say and see his data check out this link:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...dyno-test.html

We tested higher, but like I said the Road Race RC 350 has a customer exhaust and we have had a couple different intakes on the car. With CANBUS and the fact we dyno'd in a more controlled environment means that we hit a higher number. Also, we can push our car more to inflate the dyno, rather than push that number, you can see what the base tune makes and know that you can tune it to fit your car and push the power even farther.
Old 08-13-15, 02:19 PM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Road Race Motorsports, can you elaborate on what mods you've done to the car? I'd love to see some bolt on performance upgrades that the rest of us can just buy from you guys.

JP

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-13-15 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-13-15, 03:10 PM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

Originally Posted by jeremyp111
Road Race Motorsports, can you elaborate on what mods you've done to the car? I'd love to see some bolt on performance upgrades that the rest of us can just buy from you guys.

JP
We have a customer exhaust set up right now that has quad tips, but it is a design we keep making alterations too for power and sound. Right now we don't have an intake on it, we fabricated something and tried another brand but we are still deciding on a direction. The car sits on RSR springs for the time being, we got in touch with long time partner Bilstein to start working on a coilover kit. We have had a half cage in the car, but have the seats in right now as it needs to get the daily driver treatment for the owner. You will also be getting a PM about that code, I want to know what is going wrong with it.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-13-15 at 06:34 PM. Reason: banned member quoted - edit
Old 08-14-15, 09:25 AM
Ed_Labao
Driver School Candidate

So I am typing this while I am sitting at RRM getting my RC lowered. I got to ride on the RC with the RRM engine management. It surely makes a difference!. The lower end and mid range is definitely more powerful and responsive.

The way I feel it, it certainly improved the power/response in the powerband where it needs it the most.

I would recommend/buy it now that I felt it for myself.

Edsel
Old 08-15-15, 09:19 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by zoomtt69
So I am typing this while I am sitting at RRM getting my RC lowered. I got to ride on the RC with the RRM engine management. It surely makes a difference!. The lower end and mid range is definitely more powerful and responsive.

The way I feel it, it certainly improved the power/response in the powerband where it needs it the most.

I would recommend/buy it now that I felt it for myself.

Edsel

Let me know when you do
Old 08-15-15, 11:54 AM
Ed_Labao
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Let me know when you do
For sure! You can even try it on your car if we see each other. It is so easy to install and take out.
Old 08-15-15, 02:16 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by zoomtt69
For sure! You can even try it on your car if we see each other. It is so easy to install and take out.
That would be awesome
Old 08-16-15, 04:36 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just placed an order for the power manager and software this morning and I'm looking forward to getting it in. I'd also like to point out that Sean was extremely helpful in answering questions I had via PM. Thanks Sean!

I'll be sure to come back to this thread after I get it put in to give some feed back.

JP
Old 08-16-15, 09:39 AM
walkedu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremyp111
I just placed an order for the power manager and software this morning and I'm looking forward to getting it in. I'd also like to point out that Sean was extremely helpful in answering questions I had via PM. Thanks Sean!

I'll be sure to come back to this thread after I get it put in to give some feed back.

JP

Please post some data if possible I'm very curious on this module.

Also how it affects the gas milage of the car.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-15, 07:03 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

It's a split-second ECU, similar to what URDUSA has been using to tune toyota truck engines since 99'. It's nice that they made it plug and play and with pre-installed maps.

Does this work on '13 and up GS's?

Quick Reply: Lexus RC350 Power Manager (RoadRace Motorsports)