How To: DIY for installing Beat-Sonic NAV/DVD Bypass Module

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-15, 06:40 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default How To: DIY for installing Beat-Sonic NAV/DVD Bypass Module

Hi Everyone,

I completed the install of the Beat-Sonic NDS6223EP NAV/DVD Bypass module and shot a DIY video, which is also posted.

The Install and Programming instructions are very good, and this video will help you get through the installation. The entire install should take about 1 hour.

The instructions say to disconnect the battery. I didn't do that as I didn't want to put in all my settings again. You will need to put the shifter into Neutral to get the center console out, but you can only do that if you start the car, hence why I did not disconnect the battery.

If you don't feel comfortable leaving the battery connected then disconnect it, but be warned that you will need to reconnect it to get the car into Neutral, and then disconnect it once again.

Once the car is in Neutral the car alarms will be going off, even if you somewhat shut off the car. It's best to undo all the center console tabs first, start the car, shift into Neutral and remove the center console, and then put the shifter into Park and shut off the car. This is all shown in the video I made.

Since I was doing the video and doing the install at the same time it might be a bit less than a professional production so be patient.

Tools needed: 10 mm socket and driver for the radio bolts, 8 mm socket and / or Philips screw driver for taking out the 5 smaller screws that hold the two large side panels on, and the center console.

Make sure you can open both doors all the way, have some towels to put under the radio as shown in the video and for the center console on the seat.

Once the radio is out, but still connected everything will be done from the passenger side.

Programming the module: I show you how to do this in the video, but because I had a fan and my garage AC unit running you can't hear the beeps when going through the modes, and timer selections.

I've uploaded the Programming instructions to this thread.

Everything works as advertised. You can enter in an Address, dial the phone, and also play a DVD while the car is in motion. Life just got sweater for me and my RC350.

Good Luck and if you have any questions please feel free to IM me or ask in the thread.

Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
qlaval (12-17-17)
Old 10-26-15, 07:06 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Great DIY and detailed video.
Old 11-22-15, 09:55 AM
ezuskin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing bypass in 2013 RX 350- No steering connector

I just completed my install and ran into 2 moments of panic. All of the panels came off pretty straight forward and although the drawings were worthless when it came to that long panel under steering wheel, once I started it all made sense that all of the panels had to move out of the way.
Big mysteries:
1) I could only find the 2 10mm radio bolts that were on the sides, finally layed upside down and found the other 2 that were nearly looking straight up. They were only challenging to get back in when radio was ready to get bolted in as holes did not quite line up, so a long pin punch got things wiggled back in place.

2) got the main connectors in place per instructions and when I went to remove my connector from radio for steering wheel control, holy crap!- NO connector. I hunted around and came to accept that there was no connector. I plugged in bypass connector into steering wheel socket, reconnected joystick control on console, reconnected battery cable and discovered it was working fine.

The RX 350 was definitely more challenging than the videos of the sedans. More trim panels and lying upside down with the bolt lightly taped to socket so I wouldn't lose it if I had trouble trying to get it started and the missing connector was a head scratcher.
Old 11-22-15, 04:54 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by ezuskin
I just completed my install and ran into 2 moments of panic. All of the panels came off pretty straight forward and although the drawings were worthless when it came to that long panel under steering wheel, once I started it all made sense that all of the panels had to move out of the way.
Big mysteries:
1) I could only find the 2 10mm radio bolts that were on the sides, finally layed upside down and found the other 2 that were nearly looking straight up. They were only challenging to get back in when radio was ready to get bolted in as holes did not quite line up, so a long pin punch got things wiggled back in place.

2) got the main connectors in place per instructions and when I went to remove my connector from radio for steering wheel control, holy crap!- NO connector. I hunted around and came to accept that there was no connector. I plugged in bypass connector into steering wheel socket, reconnected joystick control on console, reconnected battery cable and discovered it was working fine.

The RX 350 was definitely more challenging than the videos of the sedans. More trim panels and lying upside down with the bolt lightly taped to socket so I wouldn't lose it if I had trouble trying to get it started and the missing connector was a head scratcher.
Glad you were able to install the module. The instructions were meant for the RC350, but at least they were close enough to get you through.
Old 11-22-15, 07:14 PM
ezuskin
Driver School Candidate

Oh no. Your instructions weren't worthless. I was referring to the instructions Beat Sonic sent with my RX 350 kit. I was, actually, impressed with your video and was feeling a little sorry for myself that mine required lying upside down on the floor to be able to access radio bolts.
Old 11-23-15, 05:18 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Thanks. Yea, the instructions that came with the kit were a bit lacking.
Old 11-23-15, 10:45 AM
camelbrush
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tha ks

Originally Posted by GearHead69
Thanks. Yea, the instructions that came with the kit were a bit lacking.
Thanks guys. Looks like I will wait for some more time to install the bypass kit. Wish the apple CarPlay would come to lexus.
Old 11-23-15, 12:51 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by camelbrush
Thanks guys. Looks like I will wait for some more time to install the bypass kit. Wish the apple CarPlay would come to lexus.
It's really not that bad. If you use the video I did and the instructions it will take less than 1 hour to install the module. I'm assuming you have an RC350 then.
Old 12-14-20, 05:21 PM
KGLexo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GearHead69
Hi Everyone,

I completed the install of the Beat-Sonic NDS6223EP NAV/DVD Bypass module and shot a DIY video, which is also posted.

The Install and Programming instructions are very good, and this video will help you get through the installation. The entire install should take about 1 hour.

The instructions say to disconnect the battery. I didn't do that as I didn't want to put in all my settings again. You will need to put the shifter into Neutral to get the center console out, but you can only do that if you start the car, hence why I did not disconnect the battery.

If you don't feel comfortable leaving the battery connected then disconnect it, but be warned that you will need to reconnect it to get the car into Neutral, and then disconnect it once again.

Once the car is in Neutral the car alarms will be going off, even if you somewhat shut off the car. It's best to undo all the center console tabs first, start the car, shift into Neutral and remove the center console, and then put the shifter into Park and shut off the car. This is all shown in the video I made.

Since I was doing the video and doing the install at the same time it might be a bit less than a professional production so be patient.

Tools needed: 10 mm socket and driver for the radio bolts, 8 mm socket and / or Philips screw driver for taking out the 5 smaller screws that hold the two large side panels on, and the center console.

Make sure you can open both doors all the way, have some towels to put under the radio as shown in the video and for the center console on the seat.

Once the radio is out, but still connected everything will be done from the passenger side.

Programming the module: I show you how to do this in the video, but because I had a fan and my garage AC unit running you can't hear the beeps when going through the modes, and timer selections.

I've uploaded the Programming instructions to this thread.

Everything works as advertised. You can enter in an Address, dial the phone, and also play a DVD while the car is in motion. Life just got sweater for me and my RC350.

Good Luck and if you have any questions please feel free to IM me or ask in the thread.

Beat-Sonic NAV-DVD DIY Install Video for 2015 Lexus RC350 - YouTube
Will this work on 2016 Lexus RC F?