RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Any guide to disassemble middle console?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-16, 12:07 PM
iceweasel
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any guide to disassemble middle console?

Spilled a drink on my middle console, specifically the home, menu, back buttons. Now they are sticky and hard to press. Does anyone know a guide to clean it? Maybe take it apart or will I have to take the car to a dealership?
Old 02-20-16, 04:58 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by iceweasel
Spilled a drink on my middle console, specifically the home, menu, back buttons. Now they are sticky and hard to press. Does anyone know a guide to clean it? Maybe take it apart or will I have to take the car to a dealership?
I made a video on how to take apart the center console to install a NAV bypass module. Here is the link to the video, and it will show you how to take it apart. I would try using an old soft tooth brush and dipping it into some denatured alcohol. Then slowly scrub the switches as the alcohol will dissolve the sticky sugar junk, and hopefully make the buttons work again.

Worst case scenario, you need to replace the switches, but at least you'll save on the labor costs of taking the center console apart with the video below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-1st-gen-2015-present/801181-how-to-diy-for-installing-beat-sonic-nav-dvd-bypass-module.html
Old 04-18-16, 11:44 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by iceweasel
Here is link to a video that will show you how to take apart the cetner piece and the radio. I also uploaded the same step by step pdf here.

Hope it helps for whatever you are doing..

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/nsd6223ep.html/
Attached Files
Old 02-02-23, 03:56 AM
kroebje
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

*wrong posting - can be deleted*

Last edited by kroebje; 02-02-23 at 04:11 AM.