Help please, front suspension noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-16, 12:04 AM
styleworks
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please, front suspension noise

Please help guys.

My front driver side wheel is making clicking, ticking noise whenever I turn right. I am not sure what it is. I've found one other guy who had this problem on this forum but I could not find an answer. Other than the clicking and ticking noise when turning, the car itself is running fine. Please help. Thanks.
Old 02-26-16, 09:23 AM
Atticus44
Driver School Candidate

Is that one other guy me from the IS forums? LOL! :P Can you explain the sound? Does it sound like 2 coins tapping eachother rapidly like I explained (metal on metal clicking), it happens when I turn left going over uneven roads/bumps. I took my 2014 IS 350 AWD in to the dealer for the second time and the foreman drove it with me and he heard the sound! He said he doesn't want to tear apart the dash, but he is certain it's not coming from inside. He jacked up my car and inspected the suspension system and made sure everything was tight and he couldn't find anything wrong. Basically, he can't do much about it until maybe there is a TSB but to keep reporting it when I bring my car in.

Last edited by Atticus44; 02-26-16 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-26-16, 12:37 PM
Jsands43
Driver School Candidate

It seems to be an on-going issue with the RC. I have 2 friends that experience the same thing in their cars, along with me. I took my RC to Lexus the other day for service and mentioned the clicking noise and they fixed it for the most part. I'lll keep you updated if it begins to reoccur.
Old 02-26-16, 04:39 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What was repaired or replaced?
At the dealer?

CV Related?

Last edited by Radical350; 02-26-16 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-26-16, 09:45 PM
styleworks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Atticus44
Is that one other guy me from the IS forums? LOL! :P Can you explain the sound? Does it sound like 2 coins tapping eachother rapidly like I explained (metal on metal clicking), it happens when I turn left going over uneven roads/bumps. I took my 2014 IS 350 AWD in to the dealer for the second time and the foreman drove it with me and he heard the sound! He said he doesn't want to tear apart the dash, but he is certain it's not coming from inside. He jacked up my car and inspected the suspension system and made sure everything was tight and he couldn't find anything wrong. Basically, he can't do much about it until maybe there is a TSB but to keep reporting it when I bring my car in.
Thanks for the reply. Well it rather sounds like clicking and popping noise (more like metal **** turning noise I suppose?). I mean, the car drives just fine but it is just that the noise itself is pretty annoying whenever I turn right. I really don't want to take it into the dealership because for the most part, they will probably try to ignore it unless there is an actual TSB for it. May be I will have them take a look at it when I bring my car in for scheduled services in a month or so. Thanks for the input, I really do appreciate it.
Old 02-26-16, 09:48 PM
styleworks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jsands43
It seems to be an on-going issue with the RC. I have 2 friends that experience the same thing in their cars, along with me. I took my RC to Lexus the other day for service and mentioned the clicking noise and they fixed it for the most part. I'lll keep you updated if it begins to reoccur.
My boy who has the 2015 IS350 F sport has the same issue as well. I am just thinking that it has to do with newer models. I am not sure what it is but it sure does sound like a metal **** or gear clicking and turning. Thanks for the reply and your input. Much appreciated.
Old 03-09-16, 10:10 PM
alr33x
Driver School Candidate

my rc350 has just come back from Lexus for the third time regarding this issue.. they tell me its the caliper bolts hitting on the back disc and thats just how it is on these brakes that the F sport cars get.. they even told me the owners manual has a section relating to brake noises as if its some kind of disclaimer.. only problem is you get the manual after buying the car!

The have just replaced my front discs in the hope the noise will stay away for the next 5000kms while they await a response from Lexus in Japan... They initially tried lubricating the bolts.. that worked for a week then tightening everything that worked for a day at this point im sick of taking the car back!

personally i think this is very poor from Lexus as it sounds like they are aware its a problem but have no idea how to fix it permanently and have little interest in solving the problem..

has anyone else had a more positive response towards resolving this issue?