RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

My RC350 F-Sport Mods - Roxanne <3

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-18, 12:04 AM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by suvi2k
Finally went ahead and grabbed the slim key fob, carbon fiber steering wheel overlay and carbon fiber shift **** overlay. My new favorite mod may have shifted from the custom exhaust to the slim key...it is just so convenient and I never lose track of my keys. The quality of the trim overlay pieces for the interior are superb, and to me, a much more economical way to enhance the cars aesthetics for the theme I was aiming for. See a few pictures below:
Slim Key Fob - Programmed by lexus for $50.

Where did you get the key?
Any links you can share?
Old 01-23-18, 02:14 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

You can find it on ebay or any lexus or lexuspartsnow which seems to be the best way to validate part numbers and vehicle fitment.
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...er-set,,89904C

Keep in mind you will need to get the blank key separately that fits this slim key, not the regular fob:
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...er-set,,69503E

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by and3re
Where did you get the key?
Any links you can share?
Old 02-10-18, 05:18 PM
TuanDang
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the black vinyl wrapped roof. Thinking about getting that done. Looks good.
The following users liked this post:
lexual_rc (02-12-18)
Old 02-12-18, 02:37 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by TuanDang
I like the black vinyl wrapped roof. Thinking about getting that done. Looks good.
Thank you, I definitely recommend it!
Old 04-09-18, 06:24 AM
lexual_rc

Finally needed a brake change along with other regular maintenance. I am currently at 24K miles and the front pads were at about 5% remaining so I really got close and swapped them out. I noticed the rotors were still great but I will most likely change them during the next change. Also, I found with my AWD version, the rear pads did not need a change at this point...plenty of pad left. This was big for me because I was able to switch over to ceramic pads. It has only been 2 days but here is my feedback and some snapshots below:

Left was old while right was the new one. These were the Akebono ACT1118 ProACT which I read through these Lexus Forums were a great choice. My impression....Awesome! Installation was a breeze, less than 15 minutes per side. No fitment issues at all. I have no squeal experienced after some random driving tests I did yesterday and brake power has increased slightly. My biggest issue which is why I choose these will take longer to test but with regard to brake dust! I will report back when these need to be changed again or if anything changes. I would recommend these to others over the factory option.

Other maintenance done. I'm enjoying the use of the vehicles maintenance system! Oil, filter, tire rotations changes every 6500K, brakes are now set to 22K. Planning to do the brake fluid and coolant at around 30K. I even put in a custom reminder for my yearly detail/seal. I encourage others to use this super easy tool:

Last edited by lexual_rc; 04-09-18 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-04-18, 07:02 AM
lexual_rc

Some more simple mods that I've been meaning to do that I finally got around to. For anyone who hasn't already tried, vinyl wrapping isn't too tough if you use some heat and are patient. I was able to get my door sills and also my center console area. I practiced on the door sills which turned out really well on my first attempt and then did the center console.

NewLexGuy (04-14-20)
Old 06-04-18, 09:18 AM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Some more simple mods that I've been meaning to do that I finally got around to. For anyone who hasn't already tried, vinyl wrapping isn't too tough if you use some heat and are patient. I was able to get my door sills and also my center console area. I practiced on the door sills which turned out really well on my first attempt and then did the center console.

Looks great

Did you get the wrap off eBay or a local store.

I'd like to do my door sills as well and eventually do what you have done to the console.

Where are you located?
lexual_rc (06-04-18)
Old 06-04-18, 01:41 PM
lexual_rc

Andre, I bought wrap from Amazon and the cost was 10 dollars. There was enough wrap to do all the 3 pieces and the radio sides. Day 2 and no bubbles or peeling. I will only report back if the wrap fails but this was also a learning experience for me and a test on the quality of the wrap I purchased. Below you will find a link to the wrap. Keep in mind that you have to measure well to get all 3 pieces done.

Amazon Amazon

I live in PA, suburbs outside of Philly. Hope the info helps and Good luck!
NewLexGuy (04-14-20)
Old 07-24-18, 09:29 PM
KeithsRC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andre, I bought wrap from Amazon and the cost was 10 dollars. There was enough wrap to do all the 3 pieces and the radio sides. Day 2 and no bubbles or peeling. I will only report back if the wrap fails but this was also a learning experience for me and a test on the quality of the wrap I purchased. Below you will find a link to the wrap. Keep in mind that you have to measure well to get all 3 pieces done.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I live in PA, suburbs outside of Philly. Hope the info helps and Good luck!

how how is the wrap holding up?
Old 07-25-18, 02:45 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by KeithsRC

how how is the wrap holding up?
So far, so good! I have not noticed any peeling of any kind. There were however spots which I did not press down firm enough initially during the install, especially in small crevices (ie: cup holder rims and small space just below the touch pad). I noticed that after a few days and since my fingers didn't fit to reapply, I used a thin credit card to seat it properly. Have not seen the issue arise again so far. I am pleased with the outcome so far after just a month or so. I will say, that I have seen others on here using a 5D carbon fiber which looks much more glossy and really appeals to me. That said, I also read that its much thicker and harder to apply...especially in those small crevices I mentioned earlier. Maybe after a few years and this wrap fails or gets damaged, I will just try it for fun. Hope this helps!
Old 08-02-18, 06:09 PM
babilonian
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This looks really nice. Way better than the original finish. But I'm hardly a handy guy. There are places that do this but I haven't thought of it till I saw your pics. Nice work.
lexual_rc (08-06-18)
Old 11-12-18, 06:13 AM
lexual_rc

Did away with the all-fit lip and put on an aero splitter kit I mixed and matched. Painted in flat black to go with the theme I wanted but painted part of the diffuser white. Really loving how it turned out!

Excuse the wheels not sitting flush as I had my wheel spacers removed due to state inspection when the photo was taken. :P
Old 11-12-18, 07:38 AM
AfgKnight
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice diffuser! Wondering where you got something like that, i have a white RC as well with a similar black trim look.

Debating on the wheel spacers as well, any difference in the ride quality?

Thanks,
lexual_rc (11-12-18)
Old 11-12-18, 09:53 AM
lexual_rc

Hey, the diffuser came as part of a 4 piece aero kit from 'Silk Blaze' which is also mentioned on page 1 of this thread. The wheel spacers which I use are hub centric and I have never experienced any suspension/ride quality issues so far...with any car for that matter. Hope this helps!
The following 2 users liked this post by lexual_rc:
AfgKnight (11-19-18), NewLexGuy (04-14-20)
Old 11-12-18, 10:41 PM
Amiricle55
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking good, love the white/black theme
lexual_rc (11-13-18)

Quick Reply: My RC350 F-Sport Mods - Roxanne <3