RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

My RC350 F-Sport Mods - Roxanne <3

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-19, 12:35 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

More Mods for Roxy....maybe this entire thread should be in the build space..

Boost gauge installed where the OEM analog clock used to sit in the center console space. This was inspired by the RR Racing shop built supercharged IS350. I couldn't be happier with how clean the accessory installation was done. My one caveat was that after a few weeks I started to realize that I actually used the clock and found myself using my phone or watch to compensate. oh well. Thanks again RR Racing!

Custom floor mats from www.lushwhips.com . I saw these all over Instagram and thought I would give them a try. That said, these floor mats are game changers for so many reasons. The look, feel and fitment of these custom mats was almost too good to cost what they did. ($130.00 with a promo code) It included 3 pieces which were the drivers side front, passenger side front and a single one piece for the entire rear. I strongly encourage others just looking into protection to upgrade to these weather resistant, moisture resistant and down right beautifully designed floor mats. The next test will be to see how long they actually last. My only issue with these mats were that I had to wait almost 3 weeks to get them shipped from China. Thanks @Lushwhipsworld !

Another shot with different lighting with both changes and if you notice, I relocated the car phone holder. I will share for DIY in a separate post soon!

The following users liked this post:
and3re (04-03-20)
Old 03-27-19, 04:09 AM
ProwlerRC
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey! Do you have a link to the headrest pillows? I actually purchased the cup holder pucks a few weeks ago too! Thanks!
Old 03-27-19, 08:30 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by ProwlerRC
Hey! Do you have a link to the headrest pillows? I actually purchased the cup holder pucks a few weeks ago too! Thanks!
I purchased these head rests from Amazon. However, when I checked my order history and followed the link, it is no longer found sadly, sorry!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJ85FZG/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJ85FZG/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Instead, I found another link on Amazon which looks like its the same product as well as options for several other manufacturers.
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Bone-Shaped-Headrest-Comfortable-Accessory/dp/B07PRGKGL9/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=lexus+neck+rest&qid=1553700547&s=gateway&sr=8-2 https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Bone-Shaped-Headrest-Comfortable-Accessory/dp/B07PRGKGL9/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=lexus+neck+rest&qid=1553700547&s=gateway&sr=8-2
and3re (04-03-20)
Old 03-28-19, 07:36 AM
lexual_rc

Hey guys, I started a IG page...finally...for Roxy. Would love to share ideas and make some friends. If you feel like it, please show her some love.
The IG handle is: lexual_rc
Old 04-17-19, 10:52 PM
esolouki
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loving the car, do you have a link for the rear led reflectors?
Old 04-18-19, 12:18 AM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

lexual_rc i see what you did there...
lexual_rc (08-26-19)
Old 05-08-19, 08:03 AM
sideswipe
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Did you have to paint the lip kit before you had it wrapped? The shop is telling me that the silk blaze kit needs to be painted before they can wrap it.
Old 05-10-19, 11:24 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by sideswipe
Did you have to paint the lip kit before you had it wrapped? The shop is telling me that the silk blaze kit needs to be painted before they can wrap it.
So I had it painted initially and then lost the front lip on the high way and broke a side skirt. Ordered replacement parts and then wrapped it all with no issues with adhesion on either the painted or non painted surfaces beyond whats normally experienced from wrap. More importantly is the brand and pattern of the wrap you choose. Even if you do want to paint it first, you can do it yourself with some primer alone I feel. Good luck man!
Old 05-10-19, 11:28 AM
lexual_rc

Small addition I just finished up for the interior. 1 of 1 custom door sills
Old 05-10-19, 12:46 PM
sideswipe
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Thx for the tips lexual... Love what you've done to yours
lexual_rc (05-10-19)
Old 05-18-19, 04:36 PM
AlpineGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That door sill looks amazing man. How many miles have you put on since the supercharger install?? My wife wants to S/C her's. She drives about 100 miles a day for work, just wanna make sure its gonna be reliable.
Old 05-20-19, 12:23 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by AlpineGS
That door sill looks amazing man. How many miles have you put on since the supercharger install?? My wife wants to S/C her's. She drives about 100 miles a day for work, just wanna make sure its gonna be reliable.
My honest opinion is that these cars are engineered to be so well balanced that doing anything to them will only usually result in less reliability. That said, I doubt my choice to supercharge this engine is going to help the car live longer but I've not experienced any major issue since I went ahead with the upgrade. I am confident in the build and reliability so far and have driven around 3-5K miles on it since January. I should tell you that I am enjoying this car a LOT more now and can't ever imagine going back to a stock setup. Keep in mind that the RR shop built supercharged IS has over 60K miles on it without issues which helped drive my decision. My passion for motorsports over a long time was the other factor.

Another important thing to note is that replacing an engine is common in the motorsports performance modding community but relevant more to those looking to push the limits of their cars... Now I am only speculating based on the data from RR and conversations I've had with them but I don't think I am crossing those thresholds....but only time will tell. I can tell you that Raffi has been very helpful with all of my concerns so far and the car is running great as a daily driver that she is.

Now getting back to and speaking about blown motors, the WRX STI comes to my mind most frequently! Not only is a replacement used STI engine expensive/rare to find but it is almost always beat to death by the previous owner(s). With our Lexus' , the 2GR-FSE , is the same motor found in the ES, GS, RC, IS and almost always driven casually by older folks. Finding them is easier and they are usually in good condition at a much lower cost, so its also something to consider while thinking ahead and planning for the worst.

My response here isn't to scare you or anyone away from the upgrade but help you think about it more realistically. All in all, if a catastrophic engine failure ever occurs over a short period of time, I will definitely report back to the community. If that period of time is 'long enough' (for me, I hope its like 10+ years), I will probably choose to go the replacement route because this amount of power seems perfect without compromising anything else I love about my Lexus.
Or maybe I will learn more about building cars and decide on a 2J swap?! A guy can dream... Cheers!
AlpineGS (05-25-19)
Old 05-25-19, 05:45 AM
AlpineGS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info man. Never really thought of it like that. I dont think she is goning to want anything past the stage 2 kit. She just wants a little more pep when coming home from work.(once she is out of the DC traffic)
Old 09-18-19, 01:21 PM
lexual_rc

Pictures of the car with the new front lip and interior trim overlays applied:

XPEL ppf also added this year.
Old 09-27-19, 04:34 PM
AlpineGS
Driver School Candidate

Looks great!! I only live about an hour from Philly. I wonder if we could get a PA/DE/NJ/MD meet to happen. Would love to see Roxxane in person some day.
lexual_rc (10-01-19)

Quick Reply: My RC350 F-Sport Mods - Roxanne <3