RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

My RC350 F-Sport Mods - Roxanne <3

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-19, 04:59 PM
Coppito
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where did you get the side emblems?? Awesome build btw!
Old 12-24-19, 06:56 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

These were from Amazon but the link from my order history is not valid anymore. Be warned that the white fades over time and turns yellow. A solution is to paint those portions, though its a bit annoying. I used my factory white to do the same but I may consider replacing them when something else worthwhile is made. For now, it still looks better than the OEM emblems imo.
Old 12-24-19, 06:59 AM
lexual_rc

K&N air intake which came with the RR supercharger system was replaced a few weeks ago. I definitely didn't pay attention to this maintenance as you can see from the first picture below between the different shades.

Old 12-24-19, 07:06 AM
lexual_rc

SPC rear camber arms installed along with new winter tires. I strongly recommend anyone lowering their car to invest in the camber arms before burning through tires like did. Some pictures below of the new items and an alignment spec. I asked a few folks on instagram (@lexual_rc) if the alignment specs look ok and heard positive feedback. Hoping some others can comment further incase that isn't true.

Michelin Alpin PA4

SPC rear camber kit can be purchased from tire rack.

Alignment specs - 11/2019

Old 12-24-19, 07:25 AM
lexual_rc

Last update for 2019 will be the fun stuff I hadn't had a chance to share on these forums since I started using the gram. Pictures and additional details below!

Carbon fiber antenna cover - Was purchased because the wrap which was done for the antenna kept peeling. This solved that problem and looks better with the theme I have.

Custom Roxanne vinyl sticker I applied to the rear windshield. This replaced the old 'Made in Japan' sticker and continues to be the only sticker on the vehicle exterior.

All the black plastics were Hydro-dipped in either roja red woodgrain or roja red palsey by a user I found on instagram.

I painted the engine cover with a different shade of red to signify the 'heart' of the car. It will look the same in the picture below but its slightly different.

Picture a photographer took from summer which shows the engine bay work.

illuminated engine bay in progress. After the covers are replaced, only a gentle hue of white light is emitted and can be seen. Videos of this can also be found on my insta which show this effect a little better.

A standard size toyota button was used to control the engine bay lighting and the front emblem lighting shown in the next photo and it fit clean. A tap-a-fuse was also used to eliminate the need of cutting into any factory wiring. A few people asked what size button fits and I've shared the dimensions: 34 * 24 * 53mm/1.34" * 0.94" * 2.09"

Custom illuminated background for the RR racing emblem I purchased earlier this year. A small white led strip was positioned behind the emblem so only the light can be seen without any actual LED's visible. I plan to wire this directly to the headlamps a little later when I find time.

Last edited by lexual_rc; 12-24-19 at 07:29 AM. Reason: grammar :)
The following users liked this post:
and3re (04-03-20)
Old 03-02-20, 05:32 PM
lexual_rc

The last mod of 2019 which I am getting around to updating here now. The picture below is custom painted hood-liner done by an artist I met from Canada who shared similar interests with me (Marvel Fan among other things) and agreed to take on the project. There are also white LEDs wired at the top portion of the hood which illuminate the entire bay well at night. There are videos highlighting the lights on the backdrop which can be found on my IG page. This mod completes my work on the engine bay and I look forward to sharing more content in 2020 from other areas of the car as well as being more involved on CL forums.

and3re (09-11-20)
Old 03-03-20, 07:18 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 811 Likes on 410 Posts

Glad to see you back on CL!
lexual_rc (03-03-20)
Old 03-03-20, 04:17 PM
l2dalizzo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice!
lexual_rc (03-04-20)
Old 04-02-20, 03:50 PM
lexual_rc

Updates: The fiber optic tinted reflector lights I had failed. Upon removal I found the cause was due to poor wiring and mainly the wire itself which was included with the parts. The new set shown below was sealed much better and used a thicker gauge wire and I used a similar gauge wire when rewiring and testing this time. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to touch these hah. I have to admit, with every replacement, I find something I like about the newer set and in this case, it was the sequential programming for the turn signals. Little video below highlighting the same.

and3re (09-11-20)
Old 05-17-20, 03:04 PM
lexual_rc

Got a new screen good willed from Lexus due to the original having some weird scuff and peeling marks on it. i actually always noticed this and it bothered me but thanks to researching on Club Lexus, I found it was a common problem and took steps to get it resolved.
Also added some new custom images to my start up and screen power down options.

Link to the DIY to do this can be found here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...-up-image.html

New Start up and screen off images:

Hope everyone is staying safe during the pandemic.
Senpaiii (05-19-20)
Old 05-18-20, 06:32 AM
captaincap
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

love the psylock graphic! big marvel fan here as well. i see more of a emma frost as your car lol
lexual_rc (05-21-20)
Old 05-19-20, 12:42 PM
Senpaiii
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious as to what you mean Lexus good willed you a screen??? Mine if suffering the same fate currently and i would love to get it fixed...it hurts to look at

BTW, Incredible build, I can't stop looking...
Old 05-19-20, 06:36 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Senpaiii
I'm curious as to what you mean Lexus good willed you a screen??? Mine if suffering the same fate currently and i would love to get it fixed...it hurts to look at

it means they replaced it free of charge even though it was out of warranty.
lexual_rc (05-21-20)
Old 05-21-20, 08:40 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by Senpaiii

Thanks man, and as Tnilc mentioned, Lexus did indeed replace it for free. I asked them about the issue and presented information I found regarding a TSB which impacts several vehicles that used the same screen that I found on club lexus. I'm sorry but I cant find and share those details with you again but I'm sure if you just go to your local dealership and inquire about the screen problem, they would most likely take care of it for you too. Good luck.
Old 05-21-20, 08:47 AM
lexual_rc

Thank you! Psylocke and I have roots which tie back to collectors cards and arcade games like X-Men Children of the Atom , Marvel vs Capcom 2 , etc among many other reasons which is why I chose her. She(her body) is also Japanese just like our Lexus' which was another reason I decided to creatively add this touch.
On another note, I have never been a fan of the White Queen ha!

Quick Reply: My RC350 F-Sport Mods - Roxanne <3