RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

My RC350 F-Sport Mods - Roxanne <3

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-20, 12:28 AM
NiccW
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car dude!!! Your build is very similar aesthetically to what I wanna aim for once I start modding mine. Have you had any issues with the lip kit or your wheels at all? Also how was the whole supercharging process, I'm a long long ways away from doing it to mine but I wanna try to learn as much as I can before I tackle something like that
The following users liked this post:
lexual_rc (06-08-20)
Old 06-08-20, 01:43 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by NiccW
Beautiful car dude!!! Your build is very similar aesthetically to what I wanna aim for once I start modding mine. Have you had any issues with the lip kit or your wheels at all? Also how was the whole supercharging process, I'm a long long ways away from doing it to mine but I wanna try to learn as much as I can before I tackle something like that

Hey there, happy to offer my take from my experience and thanks for the kind words about Roxy.

As for lip kit, I havent had issues since using the TRD 2piece kit. I don't use air suspension and have had the slikblaze style front lip fall off in the past. This new lip is much more sturdy and by design doesn't get low enough to really even touch the ground. I have 0 issues with my wheels since it mirrors OEM specs.
As for the supercharging process, I suggest you reach out to RR racing directly to get help for any questions you may have realizing your goals. Raffi is the man to talk to. As for Roxy, the quarantine has put a damper on driving and I've recently moved into warmer climates with no access to 93 rated octane fuel which the tune was designed for. I've used Lucas octane booster (Recommended by Raffi) and haven't experienced any major issues aside from lower boost levels in general in the few times I've driven in my new location. I feel there were many improvements in the year that I had the system like an upgraded bracket, new belts, tunes etc which helped my experience and I've shared information in my Instagram feed as well as here already. That said, during those short trips I've taken even with hot climate, I was still able to out perform many unsuspecting cars which are much faster than Roxy (from the factory) who saw the F-sport logo and probably became confused when I pulled away. ;-P

Really cant wait to get back on the road more often when things settle down. Tc
The following users liked this post:
NewRC (06-09-20)
Old 09-11-20, 04:02 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by lexual_rc
More Mods for Roxy....maybe this entire thread should be in the build space..

Boost gauge installed where the OEM analog clock used to sit in the center console space. This was inspired by the RR Racing shop built supercharged IS350. I couldn't be happier with how clean the accessory installation was done. My one caveat was that after a few weeks I started to realize that I actually used the clock and found myself using my phone or watch to compensate. oh well. Thanks again RR Racing!

Custom floor mats from www.lushwhips.com . I saw these all over Instagram and thought I would give them a try. That said, these floor mats are game changers for so many reasons. The look, feel and fitment of these custom mats was almost too good to cost what they did. ($130.00 with a promo code) It included 3 pieces which were the drivers side front, passenger side front and a single one piece for the entire rear. I strongly encourage others just looking into protection to upgrade to these weather resistant, moisture resistant and down right beautifully designed floor mats. The next test will be to see how long they actually last. My only issue with these mats were that I had to wait almost 3 weeks to get them shipped from China. Thanks @Lushwhipsworld !

Another shot with different lighting with both changes and if you notice, I relocated the car phone holder. I will share for DIY in a separate post soon!
Did you install the boost gauge yourself? Or RR? I am going to be installing my supercharger the week after next, and I am researching how to install this gauge as you have it.
Old 11-09-20, 09:23 AM
lexual_rc

Hey there, RR did the installation for me during the SC setup. Sorry I can't be more help to your cause. All I do know about the installation is that the power wire is routed to the fuse box under the drivers side steering wheel and wired using a tap a fuse. Turns on with the car.
Old 05-15-21, 12:01 PM
lexual_rc

Found another useful interior add-on for the community. Side pocket organizers. They attach to the seat belt holsters and move with the seat. They also appear to be a good quality leather and the black matches our interiors well.

Old 06-10-21, 11:04 AM
Jason712
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I love the build! Where did you get the 2 piece lip and how's the fitment? Did you drill into the bumper or just 3m tape?
Old 06-10-21, 12:30 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by Jason712
I love the build! Where did you get the 2 piece lip and how's the fitment? Did you drill into the bumper or just 3m tape?
Thank you. The pieces are known as the 'TRD style' and were found on ebay some time back and a user from Insta recently asked me the same questions. I tried looking for it again but was unsuccessful in finding the replicas there anymore. Some independent websites have them listed for a pricey amount however. These pieces were wrapped in carbon fiber and only 3M double sided tape was used to attach them. They have held strong for years now and I have scraped the bottom a few times with that said.
Old 06-10-21, 12:32 PM
Jason712
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lexual_rc
Thank you. The pieces are known as the 'TRD style' and were found on ebay some time back and a user from Insta recently asked me the same questions. I tried looking for it again but was unsuccessful in finding the replicas there anymore. Some independent websites have them listed for a pricey amount however. These pieces were wrapped in carbon fiber and only 3M double sided tape was used to attach them. They have held strong for years now and I have scraped the bottom a few times with that said.
Ahh gotcha, they're made of abs plastic right? Could you recall how much you payed for yours? I'll be on the look out for a pair on eBay.
Old 06-11-21, 09:38 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by Jason712
Ahh gotcha, they're made of abs plastic right? Could you recall how much you payed for yours? I'll be on the look out for a pair on eBay.
Honestly I don't remember anymore but its either that or polyurethane. Also, I didn't spend more than 100$ or so on the pair as I do not believe in spending much money on front lips that take a lot of abuse. Happy weekend!
Old 06-16-21, 06:41 PM
JoshRC300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Roxanne, if you don't mind can you please share the link to you lip kit and spoiler!
Old 11-09-23, 10:27 PM
gsintokyo
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful beautiful RC, how has it been treating you 2 years later