RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Bolt on RC350 Exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-16, 01:48 AM
RickHansen
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Suvi2k, is yours there...I honestly can't find one that sounds good at all at start up and idle.
Old 04-28-16, 07:04 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ZAM
forum fights are interesting...

I have the ARK exhaust as well and the 6 hp are to the wheels and not the crank. I don't carry a stopwatch on me when I drive. I just enjoy the noise. At first, I honestly hated the ARK exhaust because it was so much louder than what I thought it was gonna be. But, now after several months of ownership, I love the exhaust system even though it has some slight drone on the highway. It also pops a lot on sport mode whenever the car downshifts!

As for the muffler delete, as long as you enjoy it then that's all that matters.
Hey, I definitely wasn't trying to fight but rather share an opinion...and a muffler delete is far from cutting corners. Since Sim attempted to mock me with "cheers" after all his comments, corrected my grammar and called me a kid on an online forum I figured his actions speak for itself and stop.

Secondly, I did read the Ark gives Up to 6 WHP...I guess that is worth it if its true. HP is expensive and 6 WHP is big if you plan to just do bolt- ons. Thanks for sharing that. Interestingly my muffler delete also pops when you drop gears sometimes like you mentioned too lol!

Finally the thread starter seems to want something that isn't very loud or putts but sounds nice when you gas it....I'd have to say that my muffler delete did just that. Keep in mind its an axle back...I'll share some videos soon.

Last edited by lexual_rc; 04-28-16 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-28-16, 07:06 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by RickHansen
Suvi2k, is yours there...I honestly can't find one that sounds good at all at start up and idle.
Hey I will post videos of mine soon. Keep in mind, it is an axle back...I kept the resonators...the OEM ones on the lexus are very high quality. Probably the reason it doesn't putt at all or drone like many over priced exhaust systems. It's like another muffler in itself. I'm going to say it again, at idle theres no noise lol....it sounds like stock.
Old 04-28-16, 08:49 AM
Sim
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by suvi2k
Hey, I definitely wasn't trying to fight but rather share an opinion...and a muffler delete is far from cutting corners. Since Sim attempted to mock me with "cheers" after all his comments, corrected my grammar and called me a kid on an online forum I figured his actions speak for itself and stop.
LOL
Old 04-28-16, 07:55 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Where should I go for a muffler delete to be done? I really want the ark lol
Old 04-28-16, 07:57 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by Megafast13
Where should I go for a muffler delete to be done?
Any good muffler shop can do it...its just simple welding. They may even have tips for you there but you can always buy some online too. Just look for something staggered.
Old 04-28-16, 11:51 PM
deth4rice
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZAM
forum fights are interesting...

I have the ARK exhaust as well and the 6 hp are to the wheels and not the crank. I don't carry a stopwatch on me when I drive. I just enjoy the noise. At first, I honestly hated the ARK exhaust because it was so much louder than what I thought it was gonna be. But, now after several months of ownership, I love the exhaust system even though it has some slight drone on the highway. It also pops a lot on sport mode whenever the car downshifts!

As for the muffler delete, as long as you enjoy it then that's all that matters.
The downshift pop is absolutely EARGASMIC! It even does it in normal mode sometimes for me . I also just installed the Takeda CAI and I'm loving every minute of it.
Old 04-29-16, 06:55 AM
JasonRB
Driver School Candidate

Muffler deletes are great for the very young, but the older you get the more obnoxious you find them. I can say that the sound of a muffled full cat back is better than you will ever get out of a simple muffle delete.
Old 04-29-16, 07:01 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by JasonRB
Muffler deletes are great for the very young, but the older you get the more obnoxious you find them. I can say that the sound of a muffled full cat back is better than you will ever get out of a simple muffle delete.
Did you see the link to the video of the Ark that I posted above....its very loud...all the time. To me...that type of loud is obnoxious and has nothing to do with being young. My muffler delete is quiet/ only slightly loud when I step on it... and on a Lexus that sounds a lot better IMO. But your entitled to your opinion, just please refrain from talking about an age group for mods...its retarded.
Old 04-29-16, 07:25 AM
JasonRB
Driver School Candidate

I have noticed you are quite the know it all fan boy, so lets just go ahead and let people have their opinion. Neither option is ever going to make this car fast, but the sound quality is much better IMO with a muffler. Younger people are willing to put the cheap crap on their car, but as you get older you appreciate things a little more and are willing to spend the money to do things correctly. I have no interest in starting some stupid internet argument with you like so many before me have done, but don't try and call me out on something like that.
Old 04-29-16, 07:31 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by JasonRB
I have noticed you are quite the know it all fan boy, so lets just go ahead and let people have their opinion. Neither option is ever going to make this car fast, but the sound quality is much better IMO with a muffler. Younger people are willing to put the cheap crap on their car, but as you get older you appreciate things a little more and are willing to spend the money to do things correctly. I have no interest in starting some stupid internet argument with you like so many before me have done, but don't try and call me out on something like that.
That's cute that you think your opinion gives you the right two assume things about others spending habits or age but innacurate regardless. Also for having only 4 posts on this entire forum and probably only reading this one thread I've contributed to, you are clearly again assuming too much about me. I agree, that this is pointles and appreciate you being my fan however. Good day to you too!
Old 04-29-16, 05:05 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

So much fail in this thread that I wont even attempt to chime in.
Old 05-03-16, 01:27 AM
RickHansen
Rookie

And funnily enough I just want a good sound, My RC350 is just not a performance car to me....unfortunately.
Old 05-03-16, 08:28 AM
leebo19633
Driver School Candidate

Default This will blow peoples minds......

My prior car was a 2011 Mustang GT and I loved the exhaust note and it was a great car. Having said that I wanted more a luxury coupe which is why I chose the RC and although much more muted I enjoy the piped in sound. Luxury but sporty and has just makes just enough sound when I hit the accelerator.

I respect those that want loud, louder and loudest RC that can mod. To each their own.
Old 05-05-16, 01:26 AM
RickHansen
Rookie

Yeah, I got no closer to answering my question

Quick Reply: Bolt on RC350 Exhaust options