Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front F sport emblem instead of Lexus emblem

Does anyone know where I could buy this or do this for my RC 350? <br >
Old 07-01-16, 04:00 PM
tfischer

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

David:
Why stop there?
If you want to fool people about what kind of a car you have, why not put a Lamborghini Logo on it?
That's what I would do.
Old 07-01-16, 04:17 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
David:
Why stop there?
If you want to fool people about what kind of a car you have, why not put a Lamborghini Logo on it?
That's what I would do.
That reminds me... a few weeks ago I seen a pickup truck with Lexus emblems on it. I was pretty sure that Lexus didn't produce pickup trucks and something about it just didn't look right anyway. I'm not sure what brand it was since it definitely had body work done to it.

As for the F, I prefer the L. To each their own.
Old 07-01-16, 05:10 PM
tfischer

I'm sure he means "to each his own."
Old 07-02-16, 09:53 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

I'm sure he means "to each his own."
Maybe they want to be inclusive of all genders
Old 07-02-16, 10:08 AM
tfischer

But "each" is singular, and using a plural pronoun with a singular antecedent means that "each" is having it their way, not his own way, which is not what the writer intended to say - in fact it's just the opposite. Perhaps he slept through the class in grade school on pronoun agreement, or perhaps he thinks women will be offended to find that they are included in the generic masculine, but such women would be very small thinkers.
Old 07-02-16, 01:30 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

But "each" is singular, and using a plural pronoun with a singular antecedent means that "each" is having it their way, not his own way, which is not what the writer intended to say - in fact it's just the opposite. Perhaps he slept through the class in grade school on pronoun agreement, or perhaps he thinks women will be offended to find that they are included in the generic masculine, but such women would be very small thinkers.
I wasn't aware that I was being graded on my forum grammar. Perhaps I should have written "to each her own." That would have been grammatically correct. I suppose that any such men who would be offended are likewise very small thinkers?

It's a damn forum, lighten up.
Old 07-02-16, 02:50 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

That looks very cartoonish and draws too much (negative) attention IMO.

If you have to change it, I would just do black chrome or something.
Old 07-02-16, 03:02 PM
oyeitsdean
Rookie

not a big fan on the emblem too.. cartoonish to me. what ever float your boat! But I'll try to get the owner instagram for you. maybe she can let you know where to get it.
Old 07-03-16, 02:23 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Watch out!!! Grammer school patrol is out!!! Haha!!! I still got high enough on the verbal section on SAT!! Man, that was some 35 years ago. Good times. Time sure flys.

Relax, it is just a forum. It's all good. I knew what the OP meant. ☺😃😀

Last edited by lexusrus; 07-04-16 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-03-16, 03:21 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

LOL at the comments on how cartoonish that F logo is. But having the RC lowered like those ghetto cars is not laughable. To each one's own.
Old 07-04-16, 07:17 AM
tfischer

OK, you guys – You are correct. I was wrong, and I am truly a sarcastic moron. I am so sorry. I’m really humbled. No lie. I apologize profusely. No kidding. I really went too far this time. Mentioning that grammatical mistakes can convey muddled thinking was cyber-bullying at its worst. This is sincere. No fooling around now. When I’m wrong, I’m wrong. I’m not joking. This time I am being honest with you. There’s no punishment in Hell cruel and unusual enough for what I’ve done.
I know now that verbal excess in the pursuit of automotive commentary is no virtue. This, guys, is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I swear it on a stack of Bibles. Right before your very eyes and right to your face. I’m so ashamed and publicly humiliated. No wonder I have been banned from so many places. I’ll never make a snarky remark like that again. I promise. Really. I will never even mention front emblems or questions about “brake calibers” made on this forum or anywhere else, nor will I ever care again about how I talk. My pain is so unbearable and I am so filled with such utter remorse that words will never convey the depths of my anguish. If I could, I would come over to your houses and put F-Logo emblems on the front of all your cars. I apologize again and again and again.
Now we’re square, I think.
Old 07-04-16, 08:06 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

OK, you guys – You are correct. I was wrong, and I am truly a sarcastic moron. I am so sorry. I’m really humbled. No lie. I apologize profusely. No kidding. I really went too far this time. Mentioning that grammatical mistakes can convey muddled thinking was cyber-bullying at its worst. This is sincere. No fooling around now. When I’m wrong, I’m wrong. I’m not joking. This time I am being honest with you. There’s no punishment in Hell cruel and unusual enough for what I’ve done.
I know now that verbal excess in the pursuit of automotive commentary is no virtue. This, guys, is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I swear it on a stack of Bibles. Right before your very eyes and right to your face. I’m so ashamed and publicly humiliated. No wonder I have been banned from so many places. I’ll never make a snarky remark like that again. I promise. Really. I will never even mention front emblems or questions about “brake calibers” made on this forum or anywhere else, nor will I ever care again about how I talk. My pain is so unbearable and I am so filled with such utter remorse that words will never convey the depths of my anguish. If I could, I would come over to your houses and put F-Logo emblems on the front of all your cars. I apologize again and again and again.
Tim, that was the best effort at apologizing as ever I've seen. Now, back away from the keyboard, and go out and enjoy the day.
Old 09-18-16, 09:34 AM
Tomsrc
Driver School Candidate

Default "F" front emblem

Buncha jerks on here w/ these responses.
David, I read on insta it's completely custom to each vehicle & it's crafted in Japan (figures). I'll do some more prying, as this caught my eye as well.
Old 09-18-16, 08:11 PM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

i. couldnT.Even Make Mysurlf. weed . ur . post. teh. hole. way.thru. please. never. post. negativity hear, again. u r truly a internet turd. Is there a place we can submit negativity to have them maybe suspended? This is supposed to be a place where people can collaborate and feel welcome in a club........ Tim please take a time out and go for a drive. did i use tuu meny periods?

Last edited by zcon; 09-18-16 at 08:30 PM.