RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

200t Grille Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-16, 07:53 AM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NjDude
I ordered a fully loaded non-F Sport model due to the fact and I am not a fan of F-Sport grill. Hope this clarifies.
Gotchya! I got a similar setup but my dealer had some in stock so I didn't have to play the waiting game.
Hope you get it soon and enjoy it!
Old 08-04-16, 01:12 PM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NichyNeato
Hah my friends and even my wife are the same. They all like my non-F grille better, but I love the F one for some reason..

People always like what they don't have. Now I appreciate my non F sport grille way more than when i just got the car. I think it's more classic, firm and masculine. F sport grille is probably more eye catching. Let us know how your plan works out
Old 08-04-16, 01:14 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, talk about timing. Just got my baby.
Old 08-04-16, 01:16 PM
Ahhadanny
Driver

I placed a special order with the factory for my car with the dealer. I prefer the non F-Sport grill. The dealer had about 6 plus RC 350s on his lot; all F-Sports. I like the non-F Sport grill and hence had to special order with the configurations I like without the F Sport package/Grill. Can't wait to get the delivery.
Here is about the same. More f-sport left on the dealer lot. I have seen several non f sport around the town. So far i haven't seen f sport RC yet.
Old 08-04-16, 01:20 PM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Wow, talk about timing. Just got my baby.
Congrats! Infrared is great choice. Just from my own experience, infrared looks 100 times better in the sunshine than in the shadow lol
Old 08-04-16, 01:49 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ahhadanny
Congrats! Infrared is great choice. Just from my own experience, infrared looks 100 times better in the sunshine than in the shadow lol
Thank you very much, I agree with you about how the color just comes alive under the sunshine.
Today at the dealer there were 7 white F-Sports and 2 in Grey (nebula I believe). Except for my car, there were no non-F Sports. Here in I have yet to see a non-F Sport as 4 of the RCs I have seen were all F Sport. The dealer and everyone came out to see my car when we were walking around. I received so many compliments from people who work there.
Old 08-04-16, 02:15 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just like mine!

Thank you very much, I agree with you about how the color just comes alive under the sunshine.
Today at the dealer there were 7 white F-Sports and 2 in Grey (nebula I believe). Except for my car, there were no non-F Sports. Here in I have yet to see a non-F Sport as 4 of the RCs I have seen were all F Sport. The dealer and everyone came out to see my car when we were walking around. I received so many compliments from people who work there.
That looks like my "baby"! Except my windows are tinted and it is a 2015.

No matter how much I liked the grill on the F-Sport, I wanted the Luxury Package. I don't even think about the grill anymore--love everything about my car.

Is that Playa interior or Flaxen? I was torn.....I ended up going with the Flaxen.
Old 08-04-16, 05:50 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
That looks like my "baby"! Except my windows are tinted and it is a 2015.

No matter how much I liked the grill on the F-Sport, I wanted the Luxury Package. I don't even think about the grill anymore--love everything about my car.

Is that Playa interior or Flaxen? I was torn.....I ended up going with the Flaxen.
Thank you very much. Its Flaxen, I did a special order via dealer. Had to wait 4 months. Following is what I got.

EXTERIOR: INFRARED

INTERIOR: FLAXEN LEATHER WITH LINEAR DARK MOCHA WOOD TRIM
LUXURY PACKAGE

NAVIGATION/MARK LEVINSON(R) AUDIO PACKAGE

19-IN WHEELS WITH ALL-SEASON TIRES*

INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST*

PRE-COLLISION SYSTEM* WITH ALL-SPEED DYNAMIC RADAR CRUISE CONTROL*

LED FOGLAMPS
REAR BUMPER APPLIQUÉ

CARGO NET, Trunk Mat, Wheels Locks.

SUNROOF.
Old 08-04-16, 06:36 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost....

Thank you very much. Its Flaxen, I did a special order via dealer. Had to wait 4 months. Following is what I got.

EXTERIOR: INFRARED

INTERIOR: FLAXEN LEATHER WITH LINEAR DARK MOCHA WOOD TRIM
LUXURY PACKAGE

NAVIGATION/MARK LEVINSON(R) AUDIO PACKAGE

19-IN WHEELS WITH ALL-SEASON TIRES*

INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST*

PRE-COLLISION SYSTEM* WITH ALL-SPEED DYNAMIC RADAR CRUISE CONTROL*

LED FOGLAMPS
REAR BUMPER APPLIQUÉ

CARGO NET, Trunk Mat, Wheels Locks.

SUNROOF.
We almost have the same car. My dealer had to get the one RC Infrared/Flaxen from Texas. He was pretty good though....he said it would take under a month and he delivered as promised! All the other dealers admitted to seeing the car out of state, but didn't want to put forth the effort to make it happen. Unfortunately I had to go to the Bay Area, but it was just a train ride away.

I do have the illuminated door sills, door edge guards, and protective cover on fenders and hood (got it added to front bumper last month....didn't realize the bumper didn't get coated).

I told the dealer the only thing I didn't want were the fog lights (hubby didn't want them either). Quite frankly, I don't know how we got the car without them, but the dealer promised me it would not have them.

Love our tint too. Sides are 50% and back is 15%. The little small back windows are 5% to blend in with the window matting that is in the windows and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Fun, huh?
Old 08-05-16, 05:35 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
We almost have the same car. My dealer had to get the one RC Infrared/Flaxen from Texas. He was pretty good though....he said it would take under a month and he delivered as promised! All the other dealers admitted to seeing the car out of state, but didn't want to put forth the effort to make it happen. Unfortunately I had to go to the Bay Area, but it was just a train ride away.

I do have the illuminated door sills, door edge guards, and protective cover on fenders and hood (got it added to front bumper last month....didn't realize the bumper didn't get coated).

I told the dealer the only thing I didn't want were the fog lights (hubby didn't want them either). Quite frankly, I don't know how we got the car without them, but the dealer promised me it would not have them.

Love our tint too. Sides are 50% and back is 15%. The little small back windows are 5% to blend in with the window matting that is in the windows and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Fun, huh?
Sounds dreamy. We love our cars. I will see if there are any subtle and tasteful mods I can do. Enjoy
Old 08-05-16, 06:15 AM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Congrats on the new arrival NjDude! I almost went with that Tan interior myself but just couldn't help myself from the all black interior when I compared. the tan is more classy looking for sure.

I've decided to wait until I can get confirmation of a proper fitting on that grille to attempt a swap. I do like the stock non F grille also, but something about that F grille is calling to me..
Old 08-05-16, 07:31 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NichyNeato
Congrats on the new arrival NjDude! I almost went with that Tan interior myself but just couldn't help myself from the all black interior when I compared. the tan is more classy looking for sure.

I've decided to wait until I can get confirmation of a proper fitting on that grille to attempt a swap. I do like the stock non F grille also, but something about that F grille is calling to me..
Thank you. And I totally hear you. Life is short, go for what will make YOU happy. Keep us posted.
Old 08-07-16, 08:18 AM
tfischer

Received 224 Likes on 165 Posts

Two observations. First, that's pretty much the car I bought: Non-F, AWD, spoiler, sunroof, fog lamps, same colors, as far as I can tell, all the options other than the ML audio. Love the car, and prefer the standard grille over the F-Sport grille.
Secondly, I swapped out the grille on my '04 RX for the special edition "Thundercloud" grille, as I liked the horizontal bars, and it matched the grille on my RC350. That was a part that only cost about $200, and the exchange took me about 15 minutes. This swap being discussed here looks like it might be too much work, cost and trouble for not much of a change.
Finally, after a year and a half, I still get compliments and questions about the paint job all the time - the last time from the staff at a Nissan dealership when I took my friend over to get his new car. Those guys had never seen anything like it, and could tell from inside the showroom that this was unusual. They thought it was some kind of a custom job I had done (which is a close guess). Then the wanted me to get the heck off their lot because it made all their red cars look like they had been painted in primer.
I am enjoying this car a lot.
Old 08-09-16, 12:51 PM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was looking at the tabs for both the base and f-sport grilles and they appear to be exact same. Another thing that I have noticed is that the f-sport grille tends to crack more often, which was indicative from all the ebay posts. I think i'm gonna stick to my base grille as I still find that it looks good with the RC. My family also thinks that the base grille looks better. It would not make sense for Lexus to make a different fitment for the f-sports. Here are the tabs for both:

Old 08-09-16, 02:17 PM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Originally Posted by ZAM
I was looking at the tabs for both the base and f-sport grilles and they appear to be exact same. Another thing that I have noticed is that the f-sport grille tends to crack more often, which was indicative from all the ebay posts. I think i'm gonna stick to my base grille as I still find that it looks good with the RC. My family also thinks that the base grille looks better. It would not make sense for Lexus to make a different fitment for the f-sports. Here are the tabs for both:
Interesting.
Did you buy the F grille new, or was it used? was it difficult to remove the bumper/ grille assembly? I'm still interested in the mod myself, but hear that the F sport grille cracks easier concerns me.. did yours arrive to your cracked?

Quick Reply: 200t Grille Swap?