RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Rotor headache....

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-16, 11:14 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Angry Rotor headache....

I am trying to find rotors that are cross drilled & slotted, and this has been the most stupid task ever. So, CarID, took my order for EBC Stage 10 coated rotors as specified Nov 29th. They told me, I should have them in 2 to 3 weeks, which I was fine with. The time elapsed, and I received a "DELAY NOTIFICATION" email, and estimated ship date was to be Dec 23.... a little irritated, but I was fine with it. Dec 26th, I call to follow up with status, and I get the excuses, and that they ( EBC ) was closed for holiday, so I called back today. Today,... I was told that the rotors are not in stock, and they don't even know when it will be available, as they are having issues with the design of the rotor.... my question to them was, how the hell do you sell something you don't even have, or even know that you can make. To add insult to injury, I searche high & low all over the internet only to find that the usual suspects only offer ther rear rotor.... who does this and why???

Has anyone seen cross drilled rotors for this car??

CarID and EBC are on my ****e list right now.... did I mention I already paid for this, and of course when it came to get transfered to refund department, ....never got a living person, and was on hold for 30 minutes... .will be trying them back tomorrow.... sheesh
Old 12-29-16, 05:48 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NAZTY97
I am trying to find rotors that are cross drilled & slotted, and this has been the most stupid task ever. So, CarID, took my order for EBC Stage 10 coated rotors as specified Nov 29th. They told me, I should have them in 2 to 3 weeks, which I was fine with. The time elapsed, and I received a "DELAY NOTIFICATION" email, and estimated ship date was to be Dec 23.... a little irritated, but I was fine with it. Dec 26th, I call to follow up with status, and I get the excuses, and that they ( EBC ) was closed for holiday, so I called back today. Today,... I was told that the rotors are not in stock, and they don't even know when it will be available, as they are having issues with the design of the rotor.... my question to them was, how the hell do you sell something you don't even have, or even know that you can make. To add insult to injury, I searche high & low all over the internet only to find that the usual suspects only offer ther rear rotor.... who does this and why???

Has anyone seen cross drilled rotors for this car??

CarID and EBC are on my ****e list right now.... did I mention I already paid for this, and of course when it came to get transfered to refund department, ....never got a living person, and was on hold for 30 minutes... .will be trying them back tomorrow.... sheesh

I have searched high and low as well with no luck. Haven't ended my search thought. I do feel for you in this unfortunate situation and hope you get your money back tomorrow. I was thinking about going with the EBC rotors as well from CarID. Really glad i didn't.
Old 01-05-17, 01:52 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

No, and I've been looking since I got my car in Dec. of 2014. Even going to each vendor at SEMA and talking to them got me no where. The problem it seems is that the car configurators on these sites only take into account the RC350, but not the F-Sport option, which has the 14" front rotors. Fortunately the back rotors for both the RC350 and the RC350 F-Sport are supposedly the same size.

The hunt continues.
Old 01-05-17, 06:07 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Haven't done my research but not sure if the previous owner of this RC used the kit for the RCF or if he got custom kit from Brembo. I could try to contact the guy on instagram but doubt he will respond.

Old 01-07-17, 08:59 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Stoptech is the best

RC350 + IS350 they use same rotors + pads

Get Akebono pads + stoptech drilled&slotted rotors

Good luck
Old 01-09-17, 09:50 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

IS350 F Sport rotors are same as RC350 F Sport rotors??? Is there a cross drilled / slotted option for IS350 F sport, as my wife has that car too?
Old 01-09-17, 09:59 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

I just read and confirms what i was told, the RC350 F sport uses a 2 piece front brake kit on the F trim, and the IS350 F trim does not.

Except that there's more than just performance to consider. The RC has a shorter wheelbase than the IS, and the F sport model has 4WS, adaptive dampers and larger, 2 piece front rotors (all of which the IS350 F sport lacks). From all accounts to date, it is a more accomplished handler than the IS350. It it's heavier, then that's because is a stiffer chassis - further enhancing handling.
CarAdvice: RC350

( in comment section )