RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Cellphone mount location

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-17, 05:43 PM
poiman
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cellphone mount location

Just wondering where everyone keeps their phone while driving?

I use waze for navigation and since Lexus will refuse to add waze to their app suite, I'm still stuck using my phone. As of right now, I'm using one of the CD mounts but it's annoying to mount and unmount every time I need navigation. Does anyone have any permanent solutions? Thanks
Old 02-03-17, 10:15 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I used this on all of my vehicles:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...9TgrmYm4rNhgkw

Originally Posted by poiman
Just wondering where everyone keeps their phone while driving?

I use waze for navigation and since Lexus will refuse to add waze to their app suite, I'm still stuck using my phone. As of right now, I'm using one of the CD mounts but it's annoying to mount and unmount every time I need navigation. Does anyone have any permanent solutions? Thanks

Last edited by lexusrus; 02-03-17 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-09-17, 10:34 AM
dannyho
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used this for my last 3 car. It's not cheap but it made for your car. It just block a bit of the air vent for passenger. Works great so far.

http://www.proclipusa.com
Old 02-09-17, 03:02 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

Amazon Amazon

Not a fan of putting a strong magnet near/on my phone. I bought this CD slot mount for the ease of the one-touch docking and undocking to use in my GS.

Old 02-09-17, 11:37 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Modern phones these days are OK with the magnets. Phones and ipods from generations ago can not cope with magnets (we are talking about ancient dinosaur phones and ipods in phone years).

I had used the CD mount before. It has its own set of problems.

It's all good. Feel free to use whatever you like. 😊😉🤣

Originally Posted by dchar
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017HME9AU..._9fpNybD0QWKAG

Not a fan of putting a strong magnet near/on my phone. I bought this CD slot mount for the ease of the one-touch docking and undocking to use in my GS.

Old 02-10-17, 11:16 AM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

After a lot of researching my girlfriend and I decided on going with a magnetic mount option by tockform. Got them from amazon for 8.99 with prime shipping. Really wanted a clean mounoting option such as kuda mount which I have in my IS, but they have yet to make one. Wasn't feeling the bulkiness of the CD slot option so figured we'd give this a try and really like it. The mount comes with adhesive flat magnets you can either stick to the back of your phone or inside the back of your phone case. We use phone cases on all our phones either neoprene or I have carbon fiber and it works just fine. The more material though between the magnets the less grip strength the mount has. But our phonesite have never fallen off, they'll just turn a few centimeters left or right with a lot of bumps. Nothing to worry about. Bought 2 origi

nally one for the RC and one for my truck. Liked it so much bought a 2nd for my truck. Had a proclip dedicated cradle mount but it required me having to remove my phone from its case to out it in and deterred me from using it. This is truly the easiest hassle free option..just literally stick it to the mount and you're done.
Old 02-10-17, 11:58 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by 10lexISR6
After a lot of researching my girlfriend and I decided on going with a magnetic mount option by tockform. Got them from amazon for 8.99 with prime shipping. Really wanted a clean mounoting option such as kuda mount which I have in my IS, but they have yet to make one. Wasn't feeling the bulkiness of the CD slot option so figured we'd give this a try and really like it. The mount comes with adhesive flat magnets you can either stick to the back of your phone or inside the back of your phone case. We use phone cases on all our phones either neoprene or I have carbon fiber and it works just fine. The more material though between the magnets the less grip strength the mount has. But our phonesite have never fallen off, they'll just turn a few centimeters left or right with a lot of bumps. Nothing to worry about. Bought 2 origi

nally one for the RC and one for my truck. Liked it so much bought a 2nd for my truck. Had a proclip dedicated cradle mount but it required me having to remove my phone from its case to out it in and deterred me from using it. This is truly the easiest hassle free option..just literally stick it to the mount and you're done.

these are nice, the crappy thing is they don't have any type of drop in connection for power.

I wish I could find something that allows you to drop it into a cradle for power, while it is easy to plug it in, I hate having cords dangling all over the car.
Old 02-10-17, 12:06 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
these are nice, the crappy thing is they don't have anyf type of drop in connection for power.

I wish I could find something that allows you to drop it into a cradle for power, while it is easy to plug it in, I hate having cords dangling all over the car.
look into proclips. They offer drop in cradles with power connections on some specific model phones. The only bad thing about it is they're specific so only.good to you for as long as you have that phone and costly because they incorporate power. Where and how you get that power though is on you to run it to the arm rest etc.
Old 02-10-17, 01:20 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

look into proclips. They offer drop in cradles with power connections on some specific model phones. The only bad thing about it is they're specific so only.good to you for as long as you have that phone and costly because they incorporate power. Where and how you get that power though is on you to run it to the arm rest etc.
have a proclip. it's all I have ever used, but I don't like the mount they have for the RC-F, I have something rigged up, but it isn't very sturdy.

I just want something simple.. I have been searching for magnetic charging cables and the like, but haven't found any with good reviews.
Old 04-08-23, 03:08 PM
blackbond
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The problem I've had with using a small, magnetic mount in that same place is that my iPhone 12 pro Max is WAY too heavy (using the thinnest case I can find). It causes the glue to eventually pull apart and slowly fail. It sucks because i HATE the profit mount location. I do NOT want my phone near an air vent getting all the cold air or all the hot air, and also I do NOT want people driving by seeing me operate my phone (illegally); I like it down low. Sometimes i'm watching/listening to podcasts and I dont want any problems with law enforcement etc.