RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Can anyone help with wheel fitment?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-17, 07:58 AM
aztech79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone help with wheel fitment?

I'm trying to find correct fitment for my RC350 F Sport AWD. Will these fit my car?

Leon Hardiritt Beil
20x8.5 +33
20x9.5 +15

Last edited by aztech79; 05-01-17 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-01-17, 09:58 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 699 Likes on 613 Posts

For AWD its better to have run a nonstaggered setup.

So 20x8.5+33 in front and back.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-02-17, 06:37 AM
nomz09
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
For AWD its better to have run a nonstaggered setup.

So 20x8.5+33 in front and back.

-Josh

Idea why it is better nonstaggered for all wheel drive? thinking of doing mine 20x9 +32
20x10.5 +45 not sure if it will cause an issue like rubbing or what not
Old 05-04-17, 09:59 AM
poiman
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nomz09
Idea why it is better nonstaggered for all wheel drive? thinking of doing mine 20x9 +32
20x10.5 +45 not sure if it will cause an issue like rubbing or what not
if your wheel/tire diameter is different then you'll mess up your diff because the front will rotate at a different rate from the rear
Old 05-05-17, 06:47 AM
Dimitri
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im on 19x10 19x11.5 rotiforms and awd. Tire size with 0% variance would be 235/35 and 275/30, same sidewall height and for my particular wheels same exact stretch.

Leon ordit in those sizes wont clear the brakes up front. My friend has them on his rc and needed big spacers due to the front caliper pertrusion
Old 05-05-17, 07:08 AM
nomz09
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so if i run with this set up, i will have issue then?

20x9/10.5 245/35/20 front 275/30/20
Old 05-05-17, 10:11 AM
aztech79
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chico31
Any pics of the wheels? I'm assuming they are used.

Old 05-05-17, 12:01 PM
dychang174
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ehh not my cup of tea
Old 05-05-17, 12:13 PM
aztech79
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dychang174
ehh not my cup of tea
Thanks for the useful input brotha... 🙄
Old 05-05-17, 12:17 PM
aztech79
Driver School Candidate

I hate to say it, but CL has been the least useful car enthusiast forum I've been part of to date. Every other car forum I've been to had gobs of knowledge and expert advice.

Thank you to GetURWheel and Josh for your advice.

Last edited by aztech79; 05-05-17 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-07-17, 11:29 AM
RC350Blue
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aztech79
I hate to say it, but CL has been the least useful car enthusiast forum I've been part of to date. Every other car forum I've been to had gobs of knowledge and expert advice.

Thank you to GetURWheel and Josh for your advice.
There are a lot less RC owners than say BMW E36 owners may be the reason why there is less people to share knowledge on this enthusiast forum. I just sold my 911 Turbo and there was plenty of people to share advise on those forums, because of the larger base. If you haven't noticed there's not a lot of RCs out there....and that's one reason I like the car. Driving around I see more GTRs than RCs, but that's just my anecdotal experience.

That being said, I have an RC 350 AWD and had inquired about a similar question, as I was recently looking for wheels. I went with 19 x 8.5 with a +35 offset and they fit very nice. I could have gone to as much as a +25 offset, based on results and input from forum members here. I put snow tires on my stock wheels when the car was less than a month old, so I had a pretty much new set of rubber that had come off the car and so I was looking to utilize those tiers with some new wheels. I looked around and ended up getting a pretty good deal on the rims that I found, I was not looking for black but am satisfied with the results.

TBH - I think that dychang174 was being kind by stating ' not my cup of tea'. If you are looking for advice I would advise to not put those on your RC.... but hey ... it's your car and your money so if you think that's the way to go then give it a shot. You will need wheel spacers and tinted windows so that nobody sees you .....

Old 05-07-17, 12:13 PM
aztech79
Driver School Candidate

I asked for advice regarding specs. The only reason I posted pics is because someone asked me to. I couldn't care less about opinions on the actual look of those wheels. Your all black wheels aren't my thing... so what? Did you ask my opinion on them? No you didn't. Did I make a subtle insult to you as you did to me? No, because I'm not seeking acceptance or trying to make others feel less than me because of their taste. I'm asking for knowledge.

You did however give info on the specs of your wheels, so at least I have a picture reference for that, so thank you.

Last edited by aztech79; 05-07-17 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-07-17, 01:13 PM
RC350Blue
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I asked for advice regarding specs. The only reason I posted pics is because someone asked me to. I couldn't care less about opinions on the actual look of those wheels. Your all black wheels aren't my thing... so what? Did you ask my opinion on them? No you didn't. Did I make a subtle insult to you as you did to me? No, because I'm not seeking acceptance or trying to make others feel less than me because of their taste. I'm asking for knowledge.

You did however give info on the specs of your wheels, so at least I have a picture reference for that, so thank you.
I wasn't looking for black wheels, nor am I generally a fan. I got a good deal and bought them (again, based on information I received on this forum) and am surprised that I ended up liking them. I didn't get them tattooed on my forehead, they can easily be changed. No, I am not a fan of the style that you have there and my opinion on that is worth as much as you paid to hear it. But, I would like to see what wheels you end up getting and how they look, I've been wrong before.

There is good information on this forum, and maybe not getting the answer you want in a couple of days is worth getting pissy about. But probably not.
Old 05-07-17, 01:27 PM
aztech79
Driver School Candidate

Well, I've posted a few threads asking for help with different things like suspension and wheels without getting responses or real help with guidance. I've searched the forums on my own for knowledge without much luck. The only real useful advice I've gotten is in another thread from GetURWheel... so maybe they'll GetMyBusiness. Ha

As far as my being pissy I do sincerely apologize for that. Frustration gets the better of me sometimes.

Last edited by aztech79; 05-07-17 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-07-17, 01:46 PM
poiman
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at the entitlement on this guy. You asked for advice regarding a staggered setup on an awd rc350. I told you it's not a good idea unless overall wheel/tire diameters are equal. Someone even posted what wheel/tire size you should get if you want to run staggered while maintaining the same diameter. As far as I'm concerned, your question has been answered to the fullest. What more do you want? Should I go over to your house and give you a lesson on how cars work? Maybe you should do a bit of research on your own before demanding for help. Google is a wonderful resource.

Quick Reply: Can anyone help with wheel fitment?