Carbon Fiber interior (overlay)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-18, 04:48 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Question Contact Info Please??

Originally Posted by Carbon Exchange

We do custom Carbon fiber overlays that are Vacuum over laid to the actual part. Turns the part basically a real carbon fiber part! no stick on gimmicks or 3m adhesion tapes!
Tried sending you a PM but there is no option to do so?

Would like more info on your parts for 17 RCF - High Gloss!

Please contact me your soonest if you're still monitoring.

Gunny out......
The following users liked this post:
LexoticJ (02-27-23)
Old 04-12-18, 02:11 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I put together a DIY for doing your own carbon fiber skinning years ago, if anyone is interested in trying it out. I will be skinning my window switches and glove box trim this summer, with a special CF

DIY - cover your parts in real CF

Last edited by rcJten; 04-12-18 at 02:16 PM.
GunnyFitz (04-19-18)
Old 04-16-18, 02:14 AM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 10lexISR6
I think we have the exact kit SUVI was talking about. Bought it off a friend though who had a change of heart. Also did the CF shift **** as other person mentioned, glove box and steering wheel Y too. Looks sick!
Im curious about something. What is that thing just above your passenger heated seats button?
GunnyFitz (04-24-18)
Old 04-18-18, 02:44 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by and3re
Im curious about something. What is that thing just above your passenger heated seats button?
Its obviously a magnet for a phone mount.
Old 04-19-18, 04:33 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Checking In

Originally Posted by RAMAIR47
The part number is LSRC15A-RCF for 350RC or RCF (choose real carbon fiber) more details on - https://www.carid.com/2015-lexus-rc-...-57125792.html Price is $221.78. I installed center console. Just remember that it is real carbon fiber, but there is some extra thickness due to the clear finish and sticky backing. I tried to show it in the picture. The scuff plates were made for me as a prototype for a later more finished project. I will be selling these soon.
Hope you're still Subscribed to this Thread RAMAIR ??

Since its going on a year now with this CF Overlay you got from CARiD, I am curious how its held up since you installed it? Have any edges started to peel back off it anywhere? If so, perhaps you could snap some new pics of everything so we can check it out AGAIN?

Reached out to DCTMS w pics of my 2017 Interior Console and as much as I'd love the entire section to be covered in "Real" Carbon Fiber - I just cannot simply remove my entire console and send it off to him for 6-8 weeks while they custom fit it all for a True CF Trim Package!

This is why I'm seeking a simple "Skin" or "Film" type CF overlay for the car. Havent had the best luck w CARiD in the past so would rather not order their huge kit without knowing for sure if everything holds up after a year+ ya know? Any suggestions would be great!
Old 04-20-18, 09:44 AM
RAMAIR47
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Cabon fiber overlay after 1 year

The following 2 users liked this post by RAMAIR47:
GunnyFitz (05-09-18), louczar (04-21-18)
Old 04-20-18, 09:46 AM
RAMAIR47
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Gunny, ever thing is still good as the day I installed it. I did add a couple of pieces since last pictures.
GunnyFitz (04-24-18)
Old 04-24-18, 08:40 AM
and3re
Driver

Originally Posted by dchar

Its obviously a magnet for a phone mount.

Ya, Nothing gets by you dchar ... Would you obviously mind telling me the make and brand I was alluding to in my question?
GunnyFitz (04-24-18)
Old 04-24-18, 09:31 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Question In The Market

Ya, Nothing gets by you dchar ... Would you obviously mind telling me the make and brand I was alluding to in my question?
I am currently looking for a STRONG magnetic phone charger myself- And I see he has his mounted on right side of Steering Wheel for the Exhaust he's using too! (Assumption)

Would like to know Brands of BOTH of them !
Old 04-24-18, 09:50 AM
and3re
Driver

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
I am currently looking for a STRONG magnetic phone charger myself- And I see he has his mounted on right side of Steering Wheel for the Exhaust he's using too! (Assumption)

Would like to know Brands of BOTH of them !

Right?
But I think that thing near his steering wheel is for his hydraulics ( this is just my guess, i'm not completely sure of it though).

But I haven't seen a magnet that was as small and strong that could fit in that little spot above the shifter yet. I'm also curious if his phone gets in the way of his shifter because sometimes my cd slot location holder does when I shift into and out of park.

But have no fear, I'm sure captain obvious will tell us all the required information we seek.

Last edited by and3re; 04-24-18 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-27-18, 05:44 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Lightbulb Cell Mount

Right?
But I think that thing near his steering wheel is for his hydraulics ( this is just my guess, i'm not completely sure of it though).

But I haven't seen a magnet that was as small and strong that could fit in that little spot above the shifter yet. I'm also curious if his phone gets in the way of his shifter because sometimes my cd slot location holder does when I shift into and out of park.

But have no fear, I'm sure captain obvious will tell us all the required information we seek.

Hey And3re-

I think I beat him to it and found that Cell Phone Mount. It seems that many Google searches lead back to this Forum.

Post #6: Though he spells it wrong in his post, I think this is it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...-location.html

Deeper search I find this-Which still looks longer though.
https://www.tackform.com/products/ma...ll-phone-mount

Guess ya can't beat the price, especially with Amazon Prime

Edit: Perhaps this one?- (Some horrible reviews)
http://www.xentriswireless.com/tackf...o-mount-black/

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 04-27-18 at 05:57 AM.
Old 04-30-18, 05:38 AM
and3re
Driver

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Hey And3re-

I think I beat him to it and found that Cell Phone Mount. It seems that many Google searches lead back to this Forum.

Post #6: Though he spells it wrong in his post, I think this is it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...-location.html

Deeper search I find this-Which still looks longer though.
https://www.tackform.com/products/ma...ll-phone-mount

Guess ya can't beat the price, especially with Amazon Prime

Edit: Perhaps this one?- (Some horrible reviews)
http://www.xentriswireless.com/tackf...o-mount-black/

GunnyFitz, you must be a detective or something. Great work, you found it but it's like his was a hybrid of the original and the last one you found.

I now found others similar but with better reviews.

solution 1:
WizGear Universal Stick On Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount Holder for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets with Fast Swift-snap Technology https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012EI4J3O/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_kLW5AbEGPYJKX

solution 2 ( better looking)

Scosche MAGDMB MagicMount Magnetic Dash Mount for Mobile Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I608BJ8/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_gSW5AbEN1M5F1

However, now I'm wondering about the longevity of this solution since its just 3m tape sticking to the surface. Will this last with us pulling at it with our mAgnets over a year? I've read mixed reviews online. Some say it fell after 2 weeks. others say it's been a year. It depends on the material in the car it sticks to. so our cases would be different.

Has anyone here been using something like three with success?
GunnyFitz (04-30-18)
Old 04-30-18, 06:40 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Talking We Did It

GunnyFitz, you must be a detective or something. Great work, you found it but it's like his was a hybrid of the original and the last one you found.

I now found others similar but with better reviews.

solution 1:
WizGear Universal Stick On Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount Holder for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets with Fast Swift-snap Technology https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012EI4J3O..._kLW5AbEGPYJKX

solution 2 ( better looking)

Scosche MAGDMB MagicMount Magnetic Dash Mount for Mobile Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I608BJ8..._gSW5AbEN1M5F1

However, now I'm wondering about the longevity of this solution since its just 3m tape sticking to the surface. Will this last with us pulling at it with our mAgnets over a year? I've read mixed reviews online. Some say it fell after 2 weeks. others say it's been a year. It depends on the material in the car it sticks to. so our cases would be different.

Has anyone here been using something like three with success?
Matter of fact, I was a lifetime ago!

Ironically, I got two different devices in the mail Sat and one is already mounted - ready for trial. I was blown away at how strong the magnetic force was on BOTH of them too! These are the links to the ones I ordered (With Amazon Prime I usually buy two different items and return the one I choose NOT to use - In this case I might keep both due to their capabilities (Thus far)

This is what I mounted :::

Amazon Amazon

This one has strong magnet!!

Amazon Amazon

Guess I'll Delete my own Show Me thread since some people are so terrified of their own Phones!!
Old 04-30-18, 07:22 AM
and3re
Driver

[QUOTE=GunnyFitz;10184025]Hey And3re-

Where are you mounting yours? Same location?
Old 04-30-18, 07:26 AM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMAIR47
Are the window switch bezels covered with the carID kit? Or are they RCF bezels?

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber interior (overlay)