Old 04-30-18, 07:49 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Lightbulb Likin it

[QUOTE=and3re;10186631]
Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Hey And3re-

Where are you mounting yours? Same location?
Yes, If you see the pic of the initial one (which started the investigation) it appears totally FLAT, without the arm that I installed on mine. With the Ball n Socket thing, I can angle it toward me better. It feels pretty darn secure but we shall see what happens come August!

Also installed my old Ducati GoPro Camera (Had to hang upside down-oriented that way too) AND Im sure everyone has the little Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel thing which is only $50 on Amazon) Looks ok I guess.
Attached Thumbnails Carbon Fiber interior (overlay)-cell-mount-1.jpeg   Carbon Fiber interior (overlay)-cell-mount-2.jpeg   Carbon Fiber interior (overlay)-gopro1.jpeg   Carbon Fiber interior (overlay)-gopro2.jpeg   Carbon Fiber interior (overlay)-wheel.jpeg  

Old 04-30-18, 07:52 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Stock

Originally Posted by rcJten
Are the window switch bezels covered with the carID kit? Or are they RCF bezels?
I would have to say they are RCF because mine came w them too.

I couldn't find the CARiD Kit for "RCF" just RC. From what I saw, the center console layout differs greatly. Unless it was only an older model that is??
Old 04-30-18, 09:32 AM
RAMAIR47
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

The door handle surrounds are from the kit. The window switch surrounds are standard on my RCF. The console and steering wheel inserts are from the kit.
Old 04-30-18, 03:33 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMAIR47
The door handle surrounds are from the kit. The window switch surrounds are standard on my RCF. The console and steering wheel inserts are from the kit.
sorry, for some reason I was thinking RC350...
Old 05-03-18, 01:21 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by and3re
GunnyFitz, you must be a detective or something. Great work, you found it but it's like his was a hybrid of the original and the last one you found.

I now found others similar but with better reviews.

solution 1:
WizGear Universal Stick On Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount Holder for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets with Fast Swift-snap Technology https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012EI4J3O..._kLW5AbEGPYJKX

solution 2 ( better looking)

Scosche MAGDMB MagicMount Magnetic Dash Mount for Mobile Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I608BJ8..._gSW5AbEN1M5F1

However, now I'm wondering about the longevity of this solution since its just 3m tape sticking to the surface. Will this last with us pulling at it with our mAgnets over a year? I've read mixed reviews online. Some say it fell after 2 weeks. others say it's been a year. It depends on the material in the car it sticks to. so our cases would be different.

Has anyone here been using something like three with success?

I've used this one with a lot of success. Has a very small mounting point to the car, so it works on surfaces with some curve. The pivoting ball is great, and the magnet is strong.

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-03-18, 01:50 PM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ct6978
I've used this one with a lot of success. Has a very small mounting point to the car, so it works on surfaces with some curve. The pivoting ball is great, and the magnet is strong.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Where do you stick yours in your RC?
Old 05-03-18, 01:53 PM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=GunnyFitz;10186651]
Originally Posted by and3re

Yes, If you see the pic of the initial one (which started the investigation) it appears totally FLAT, without the arm that I installed on mine. With the Ball n Socket thing, I can angle it toward me better. It feels pretty darn secure but we shall see what happens come August!

Also installed my old Ducati GoPro Camera (Had to hang upside down-oriented that way too) AND Im sure everyone has the little Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel thing which is only $50 on Amazon) Looks ok I guess.

Looks good. I ordered mine, I hope it doesn't fall off in the summer.
Old 05-09-18, 07:37 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Question Which One

[QUOTE=and3re;10190019]

Looks good. I ordered mine, I hope it doesn't fall off in the summer.

Hey Brother-

I sent RAM a PM asking exactly which Kit he installed. Did you order one of these Carbon Kits from CARid?

This one? Item MPN360789204

https://www.carid.com/2015-lexus-rc-...-57125792.html

If you guys have the RCF, I assume both doors have the Stock Carbon where the Window Switches are and over the Glove Box - or no? I would not be applying anything from this Kit over those sections - probably give em away to a RC Owner.

Call me a Rock, but to me this still appears to be more of a "Skin" than actual, brittle Carbon Fiber. Am I wrong?

(Thought to Self-How would the Red CF Look with a Circuit Red Interior?) Nahh,

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 05-11-18 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-11-18, 09:05 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Cool Note of Thanks

Originally Posted by RAMAIR47

Well, I searched the far corners of the RCF World, consulted with Resident Expert Ram, an others. Finally pulled the trigger on something I sure hope Im not going to regret! Looks like its the B&I stuff. Heard both good and bad about it, but for the price I couldn't say no.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401476628772?ul_noapp=true

Call me cheap, but paying $370 for an interior piece of CF was not in my cards right now. So I went with the above Large Kit which the guy seriously took care of me on! Gotta give it up to the folks at "Wow Trim" for even including the famous "Visualizer" on the difeferent colored Console Covers too! (Scroll down past Diagram)

https://www.wowtrim.com/lexus-rc-201...t-lsrc15a.html

Therefore, we shall see my fellow RCF Interior Men!
Old 05-14-18, 02:12 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

So which kit/color did you get?

OR

OR

Well, I searched the far corners of the RCF World, consulted with Resident Expert Ram, an others. Finally pulled the trigger on something I sure hope Im not going to regret! Looks like its the B&I stuff. Heard both good and bad about it, but for the price I couldn't say no.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401476628772?ul_noapp=true

Call me cheap, but paying $370 for an interior piece of CF was not in my cards right now. So I went with the above Large Kit which the guy seriously took care of me on! Gotta give it up to the folks at "Wow Trim" for even including the famous "Visualizer" on the difeferent colored Console Covers too! (Scroll down past Diagram)

https://www.wowtrim.com/lexus-rc-201...t-lsrc15a.html

Therefore, we shall see my fellow RCF Interior Men!

Last edited by lexusrus; 05-14-18 at 02:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (05-14-18)
Old 05-14-18, 06:34 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Cool My Bad

Originally Posted by lexusrus
So which kit/color did you get?
Very good question my friend. Thank you!

The kit I placed an order for, and was told it would take at least 1 week (Not bad right?) is the 2nd one from WOW. The 58 Piece job that I will definitely need to book a date for a Steady Hand that day!!

That reminds me, the PPF Guys wanted to know which one too, perhaps they meant they'd be willing to do it for me during my monumental ppf/ ceramic coated day!

I will gladly post pics of this regardless who does it - However I would mind giving a few small pieces of it a try! That way I can at least say I put some Carbon Love into this machine as I did upon my precious Ducati Panigale 1199 Tricolore right?

Oh-Ps. I just got the cool Folding Lexus Sunshade Saturday. After opening it I thought to myself "Self, when will this Sunshade really be needed?" lol. The car spends more time in the garage than outdoors - UNLESS the Sun is high in the sky with no chance of clouds or meatballs!

**A Shot of the Ace Alloy "Black Chrome" Wheels from both the Sun, and Shade for PK Design
Attached Thumbnails Carbon Fiber interior (overlay)-sunside-low.jpg   Carbon Fiber interior (overlay)-shadeside-1.jpg  
Old 08-25-23, 08:59 AM
Radcoupe20
6th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Interested

[QUOTE

=Carbon Exchange;9924561]

We do custom Carbon fiber overlays that are Vacuum over laid to the actual part. Turns the part basically a real carbon fiber part! no stick on gimmicks or 3m adhesion tapes![/QUOTE]
how much for a 2016 lexus rc350
Old 08-25-23, 02:26 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 808 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Radcoupe20
[QUOTE

=Carbon Exchange;9924561]

We do custom Carbon fiber overlays that are Vacuum over laid to the actual part. Turns the part basically a real carbon fiber part! no stick on gimmicks or 3m adhesion tapes!
how much for a 2016 lexus rc350[/QUOTE]

This thread is almost 7 years old, and the last post was 5 years ago. There are a few more recent threads that talk about this, and even more available vendors that can get you these parts.