Opinion on Molten Pearl Color

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-17, 06:57 PM
plnguye1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on Molten Pearl Color

Hey All,

I'm looking at an RC350 F-SPORT and the only thing I'm not too sure on is the color. For those we've seen or own an RC with the molten pearl, what are your thoughts on it? I'm worried about the resale value since the color is very flashy and also if it gets too much attention.
Attached Thumbnails Opinion on Molten Pearl Color-img_0595.jpg  
Old 08-20-17, 07:39 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

i saw this color for the first time in person and wanted to kill myself i hated it. but after seeing this car for a couple months (coworker at toyota dealership owns it) the color has grown on me a lot and matches my new brakes lol, do what makes you happy and if you like the color go for it
Old 08-20-17, 08:41 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

It's certainly a nice color, it's very loud and fun -- I contemplated it, but use my car for a job in enterprise technology sales

Lexus did a great job with the color, it's hot but it's something you'd have to be able to live with each day, and yes, be able to handle the daily attention both good and bad...

I'd imagine resale would be a bit of a challenge as well.

But with that said, go with your heart's desire!!!
Old 08-21-17, 06:20 AM
tfischer

Received 214 Likes on 160 Posts

Molten Pearl? Looks orange to me.
The following users liked this post:
davyjordi (08-27-17)
Old 08-21-17, 06:29 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

If you are asking, then you probably have reservations. I've stood beside this color car and checked it out. It is an attention getter, kind of grows on you, but I wouldn't worry about resale value because of the color. Working in the automotive field for many years, we didn't care what color the car was taking it on trade. In fact low production colors were some time in more demand, regardless of show crazy the color was.

This color will get attention and if you don't mind that...then get it!
Old 08-23-17, 12:20 AM
snoflewis
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think it definitely takes a certain type of personality to rock the molten pearl color. i think the blue would be the flashiest i would go, but even then..i went with nebula gray pearl lol
Old 08-23-17, 05:07 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

its the rarest color they have, get it without hesitation. LIVE A LITTLE
ZB0613 (09-21-17)
Old 08-25-17, 08:54 AM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Not my cup of tea. Why i chose USB!
Old 08-26-17, 11:21 PM
snoflewis
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RealMCR12
Not my cup of tea. Why i chose USB!
how hard is it to maintain it? does it start to look dirty pretty fast?
Old 08-27-17, 01:25 PM
cloudle
Driver School Candidate

The color grew on me. Unique color and you don't see much of it around.
ZB0613 (09-21-17)
Old 08-28-17, 09:18 AM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by snoflewis
how hard is it to maintain it? does it start to look dirty pretty fast?

I only drive it weekends pretty much. So it sits on my driveway all week pretty much and collects dust. I would say it's not bad tho. I love the color and i have only seen maybe 3 other ones in my area in this same color since i bought it over a year ago.
Old 08-30-17, 11:02 PM
Dillonj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love mine.

I had exactly the same feelings. "Who would get something like that." As I looked over at one of the grey model, and then I came back. And back again until I was only looking at the glowing object.

I love mine, everytime I'm about to jump in and drive away I can just stare at it. The flake is incredible in the sun. And it looks flat in the shade, so always looks a bit different. Yes you will get attention. someone is always taking a look and then taking a closer look.
As far as keeping it clean I've found it's pretty scary how dirty it can get and still look great. We've had quite a few fires around us this year and I've taken it to the wash and apparently it was filthy. Dirty water just flowing off the car.

Beats the hell outta driving a grey or black BMW that's for sure.

Last edited by Dillonj; 08-30-17 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-01-17, 07:43 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Dillonj

I had exactly the same feelings. "Who would get something like that." As I looked over at one of the grey model, and then I came back. And back again until I was only looking at the glowing object.

I love mine, everytime I'm about to jump in and drive away I can just stare at it. The flake is incredible in the sun. And it looks flat in the shade, so always looks a bit different. Yes you will get attention. someone is always taking a look and then taking a closer look.
As far as keeping it clean I've found it's pretty scary how dirty it can get and still look great. We've had quite a few fires around us this year and I've taken it to the wash and apparently it was filthy. Dirty water just flowing off the car.

Beats the hell outta driving a grey or black BMW that's for sure.

dude im so glad you bought the orange , it will make resale value go up too. also is that your bomb house? #life goals.
Old 09-01-17, 09:06 AM
tfischer

Received 214 Likes on 160 Posts

I had a black SC430 for 14 years, and have become tired of the black/white/grey/silver palate that makes up a great percentage of new car color choices. When I purchased my RC, very early in the run (the first day they arrived at the dealership), I went for the infrared, as I don't think I'm man enough to carry off an orange car, even though I had seen Fast & Furious 8. I get a lot of compliments on the very rich and deep red paint job that Lexus charges extra for, and I'm sure you get lots of comments on your Melting Pearl as well. Grey cars are for people who don't know what color car they want.
Old 09-03-17, 11:15 PM
RCtoy321
Driver School Candidate

Oh where do I start on this one. I LOVE this color. This car gets more attention than any vehicle I have ever owned, so be prepared to talk to random strangers and having people come up and ask you about it. Pretty much every drive thru I hit up they say something. Best part is being out to eat with a view of the car and people walking by staring and taking pictures without realizing you are watching. I agree with Dillonj about how dirty this thing can get and still look amazing. As far as resale, I did have the stealership give me a way lowball offer on it which they said was because of the color. Mine and my brothers is the blue one

Quick Reply: Opinion on Molten Pearl Color