RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

rear sway bar help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-17, 09:43 AM
Knoxide
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question rear sway bar help...

has anyone removed the rear sway bar off the RC 350 RWD yet?? im having an issue getting mine out without removing half the rear suspension. why you might ask? because i just installed a airride system from AIRLIFT and the rear bags rub on the bar. i would just unbolt the end-links and let the bar hang but it makes a bad clanking noise when i drive over bumps at high speeds. any help would be awesome!
Old 12-13-17, 10:19 AM
theblade
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*BUMP*

I'm more curious on if there is an air-ride setup that retains the rear sway bar or aftermarket bar or links that correct the issue.

/me prays mr wizard sees this and responds
Old 12-13-17, 10:32 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Yea, I have airride with my rear sway bar still installed, although the bar sits a little lower but my bags don't rub. running UAS over BCs rear and OCD over Bcs front.
The following users liked this post:
theblade (12-13-17)
Old 12-13-17, 10:38 AM
theblade
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by forcaport7
Yea, I have airride with my rear sway bar still installed, although the bar sits a little lower but my bags don't rub. running UAS over BCs rear and OCD over Bcs front.
I'm wanting to do that similar setup with a AirLift 3H management setup next year. I will probably dig up this thread and pick your brain for your experience and suggestions. Having an F I really don't want to give up the rear sway since the backend likes to get so loose anyhow. I'm never going to track my F, but I'd like to keep it as controlled as possible.

What management are you using?
Old 12-14-17, 12:13 PM
forcaport7
Driver

Originally Posted by theblade
I'm wanting to do that similar setup with a AirLift 3H management setup next year. I will probably dig up this thread and pick your brain for your experience and suggestions. Having an F I really don't want to give up the rear sway since the backend likes to get so loose anyhow. I'm never going to track my F, but I'd like to keep it as controlled as possible.

What management are you using?
Yea I wouldn't suggest taking it out either, even if you are not tracking it. I have the AirLift 3P management. 3/8 lines with 2 compressors and a 5.5 gallon tank. Only running a single compressor currently, keeping the other one as a fail safe.
Old 12-14-17, 12:28 PM
theblade
Driver School Candidate

Think height sensors are needed, or does it seem stable enough just watching pressure? I am happy to hear you have this set up, it is pretty much everything I thought I should do
Old 12-14-17, 12:46 PM
forcaport7
Driver

Pressure alone is fine, I have heard people having to many complications with the 3H setup because of height calibrations. And the way I see it, in the unfortunate case you do have a leak, its easier to tell with pressure indications once you get use to your ride height range.

Are you going to bag over coil? or purchase constructed struts for the RC? Airtek, Airforce and D2 have fitments for our cars.

When I was doing my setup the only struts available were the D2 struts and I was told not to go for those. So I bought Bc's off of someone that was parting them out and used bags by OCD for the fronts, (direct fit) and UAS over BC on the rear.
Old 12-14-17, 12:54 PM
theblade
Driver School Candidate

Ravspec seemed to sell the BC set up with uas bags. So far you're the one with hands on experience, so I'd probably go whatever route you suggested. Airlift 3p works for me because I could always add the height sensors later
Old 12-14-17, 12:57 PM
forcaport7
Driver

Originally Posted by theblade
Ravspec seemed to sell the BC set up with uas bags. So far you're the one with hands on experience, so I'd probably go whatever route you suggested. Airlift 3p works for me because I could always add the height sensors later
True, something I may look into in the future as well. Are you on stock suspension currently?
Old 12-14-17, 01:06 PM
theblade
Driver School Candidate

Yep. Just picked up this 2015 RCF this month. This is the first car I'm not going to tear apart the engine and build for performance. Love the V8 sound and want to enjoy it looking good while I hang out
Old 12-14-17, 01:14 PM
forcaport7
Driver

Damn, wish I had gone with the F every time I see one, congrats on the car man. So I do have a friend that bagged his RCF with UAS bags but he had them fitted on to his stock suspension, which is also an option, BUT you wont get as low with that setup. I just realized I missed the part where you said you had an F, so i have been speaking as if you had a 350. Should be similar though going bagged over coils.

Here is a link to the front bags I bought from bags by OCD. they were a direct fit onto my BC coils.
https://www.bagriders.com/ocd-bags-f...le-bellow.html

Rear bags UAS
https://www.bagriders.com/universal-...r-house-1.html

Bracket kit for Rear
https://www.bagriders.com/universal-...acket-kit.html
Old 12-14-17, 01:52 PM
theblade
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by forcaport7
Damn, wish I had gone with the F every time I see one, congrats on the car man. So I do have a friend that bagged his RCF with UAS bags but he had them fitted on to his stock suspension, which is also an option, BUT you wont get as low with that setup. I just realized I missed the part where you said you had an F, so i have been speaking as if you had a 350. Should be similar though going bagged over coils.

Here is a link to the front bags I bought from bags by OCD. they were a direct fit onto my BC coils.
https://www.bagriders.com/ocd-bags-f...le-bellow.html

Rear bags UAS
https://www.bagriders.com/universal-...r-house-1.html

Bracket kit for Rear
https://www.bagriders.com/universal-...acket-kit.html

Thanks! I think you're right it should be similar. According to Ksport their air setup (which I don't care for that much), is the same fitment as the 350 RWD and the F. I have heard that if the F has the TVD it causes problems, which I don't have so I wasn't so worried about it. I also completely agree with going with the BC (or better shock). Seems like not only will it help parking lower, but should give better ride at the lower ride height too. Hard to say no to it for the $1k that the BC's usually run too.

When you do the rear cups for the bags, did you have to plasma torch or cut out the bumpstop? I've seen that having to be done on similar suspensions that have the shock and the spring separate. You should post pics of your RC. I'd love to see it at parked, drive-height, and highest settings.

Last edited by theblade; 12-15-17 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-27-20, 11:19 PM
CarmenRC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where you able to fix the issue for your rear sway bar ?

im having the same issue