RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Rotors/Pads Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-18, 07:57 AM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Rotors/Pads Replacement

I figured i'd ask again. Found a couple old threads about Rotors/Pads replacement for the RC.

Wanted to see if maybe anyone has done this recently and if so, what is something they recommend?

thanks,
Old 02-07-18, 07:59 AM
Syan48306
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

My car had the TSB done to it so it's got the solid one piece rotors. I've had it squealing really badly with OEM pads so I ended up going with the Akebono ACT1118 cermaic pads. They've been a better on noise but still hasn't fixed everything. Doesn't have hard as a bite as the original OEM but so far no dust and it's a lot more linear so easier to drive smoothly. I like it.
Old 02-16-18, 10:15 AM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I installed stoptech slotted rotors and "street" pads in the front last week, as my stocks were squealing fiercely. I am happy so far, no noise and slightly better bite when hard braking. I will be installing the matching rears this weekend. I had the same setup on my previous IS350, and was very happy with it as well.
Old 02-16-18, 05:09 PM
4jeff99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this info will do any good,,,I just replaced the rotors and pads on my SC 430 with parts from ebc brakes,,www.shopebcbrakes.com / my good neighbor and myself installed everything, and as long as you brake in the rotors and pads the correct way after you install the parts,, mine work great... I bought the pad kit that included the clips with the pads.. only way to go...A bit pricey but worth every penny... doesn't matter how fast you get there as long as you can stop in the end.... I just cleaned everything with brake cleaner before I put it all back together...
Old 02-18-18, 09:59 AM
dychang174
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no i have been having problems with the squealing and it wont stop........

even after changing everything it still does it after driving for a while like a few months

i heard its from the caliper itself whatever is pushing together against the brakes is causing it and no matter what you do the sound it still there

but i changed my front calipers to R1 concept and brake pads from there.......before the calipers i went through 3 different brand brake pads and all sequel after a certain amount of driving
Old 02-18-18, 10:32 AM
4jeff99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes making noise

Originally Posted by dychang174
no i have been having problems with the squealing and it wont stop........

even after changing everything it still does it after driving for a while like a few months

i heard its from the caliper itself whatever is pushing together against the brakes is causing it and no matter what you do the sound it still there

but i changed my front calipers to R1 concept and brake pads from there.......before the calipers i went through 3 different brand brake pads and all sequel after a certain amount of driving
I never had any noise at all,, did you put brake quiet on the the shins that go on the pads before you put them in the calipers???? It comes in red and blue colors,,, I put a thin cote between the pads and shims... made all the difference on my brakes for my SC 430 on all 4 brakes.. then I went online to see how to break in the pads and rotors...you have to do this so they will wear and perform correctly ... check on web site I got my pads and rotors at...
Hope this helps!!!!!