RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

I'm back with a bad news!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-18, 11:38 AM
timmy0tool

Received 426 Likes on 380 Posts

not bad at all, but always a pain to deal with insurance. some shops can actually fix this without bumper removal but I would do a full bumper respray.
longo lexus actually has a decent body shop, and they service the dealership so you know they can match well!
Old 02-19-18, 02:55 PM
er34
Instructor

Received 258 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO

Maybe I'll just trade it in for RCF after I get it fixed.
Maybe the Lexus gods wants you back in a GSF.
Old 02-19-18, 03:50 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,048 Likes on 662 Posts

Well here's the update:

I tried making a deal for a 17 RCF and dealer will only go down 13K, which is weak to me. Plus I'm still too deep underwater on the RC so I'll have to hold on to it for a while.

RC is in the shop getting fixed, the bumper will come off and heat treated to remove the dent and it will be resprayed and it should be done in about 4 days, so we'll see how it looks. I took it to a Benz certified body shop which also works on Lexus. The guy said this is an easy fix and will be back to a like new condition.

Hey I don't mind going back to a GS F, I kinda miss the GS platform actually.
Old 02-19-18, 03:58 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Well here's the update:

I tried making a deal for a 17 RCF and dealer will only go down 13K, which is weak to me. Plus I'm still too deep underwater on the RC so I'll have to hold on to it for a while.

RC is in the shop getting fixed, the bumper will come off and heat treated to remove the dent and it will be resprayed and it should be done in about 4 days, so we'll see how it looks. I took it to a Benz certified body shop which also works on Lexus. The guy said this is an easy fix and will be back to a like new condition.

Hey I don't mind going back to a GS F, I kinda miss the GS platform actually.
How did you come out with your insurance and the cost of repair from the body shop?
Old 02-19-18, 07:40 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,048 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
How did you come out with your insurance and the cost of repair from the body shop?
My insurance company is still investigating the other party but they told me if I want to get it fixed now I can, I just need to pay for the deductible first and they will pay for the rest and will be refunded later if they work it out with the other party's insurance. If they don't have insurance I'll probably be out $500 deductible or they advised me to file a small claims court to get that $500 back. I'm just hoping for the best cause I can't stand looking at my brand new car broken like this.

The shop estimated it at $1K but said it'll probably be less and the shop is partnered with my insurance company.
Old 02-19-18, 07:45 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,564 Posts

My insurance company is still investigating the other party but they told me if I want to get it fixed now I can, I just need to pay for the deductible first and they will pay for the rest and will be refunded later if they work it out with the other party's insurance. If they don't have insurance I'll probably be out $500 deductible or they advised me to file a small claims court to get that $500 back. I'm just hoping for the best cause I can't stand looking at my brand new car broken like this.

The shop estimated it at $1K but said it'll probably be less and the shop is partnered with my insurance company.
Hoping the repair is perfect...and the insurance comes through for you where it won't cost you anything...